Re: This followed us home today. Decided to keep it.

That definitely sounds pretty fun. I tried to convince my brotherinlaw to get a samurai instead of a sxs, but he went for the pricey option. I love trash, and my sami wrecks offroad, it was surprisingly shorter than a buncha the 4 seaters, it really crawls over shit, and i can drive it to trails etc. Its awesome

Still, those things are nuts, I'd definitely have a ton of fun with it. I really dig the real aggro ones that re super beefy suspension like baja ripperz

Yeah, the Polaris RZR is the real off-road ripper. The Polaris Ranger is the utility vehicle/work horse. I bought the General, because it a cross of the two. RZR power and upgraded suspension, but still can haul shit. Mine will haul 600# in the bed, and pull a 1500# trailer. RZR’s can’t haul shit. I can pull my pop-up tent trailer with it.

This way, since mine has the bed, I get everybody’s coolers when we ride. Foresight.

Nice thing about the Sammy is, it’s a highway legal rig so it can go on trails I can’t, even though I’m street legal. Because mine isn’t legal on highways with speed limits above 35mph. It’s messed up. Lots of people here are into the Toyota 4x4 scene.

that's nuts! pretty neat I mean it's definitely a real utility vehicle. puts the U in utv. (is that what the U is for? haha I think so?)

but it's a niche that didn't have alotta good options, unsurprising they've become so popular

when we were riding the other day the SXS carried the cooler, indeed handy. meanwhile I lost my shitty portable toolkit and spare gascan launching my shitty dirtbike into various piles of dirt or trees. no big loss, but storage shouldn't be underated

how fast can it go?

Completely stock, it’ll run 68-72. Quite a bit more with an ECU tune & aftermarket clutch. I’ve seen the two seat General pull wheelies.

Now, the RZR’s are available with a turbo. They fly- literally. They tun em in the dunes, and launch em off the top. It’s nuts! Moses Lake dunes and Juniper Dunes are a couple local sand playgrounds a couple hours away. I’m more of a mountain trail guy. It’s 20 degrees cooler up there.

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

Cool UTV. Congrats!

Thanks!

gnarly!

punkrock randy /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I do wish punishment for disturbing nature reserves with a motor vehicle

> would be that hard here though.

>

> We have vast sections of land that is just federally owned... so our tax

> dollars maintain it & enforce laws that keep us out. I can understand

> not allowing off road vehicles everywhere but they basically phased out

> most areas for anyone to recreation at. Its very frustrating... i love

> trail riding but the closet place i have to go to is Haspin acres which

> is nearly 1.5 hours away from me.

Fuck i miss haspin acres!!! Haven’t been there since i was in elementary school in the early 90’s. Gonna hafta load up the XR250R and road trip out sometime. I love how Haspin just allowed whatever you wanted to off road 🤘🏼

punkrock randy /

P.S.

Toyota 4x4’s rule the world !!!!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Haspin hasn’t changed much, still pretty much a free for all. I’ve just been there so much I find myself wanting new trails. Regardless tho if it was closer I’d go way more often.

Maybe a bunch of MA dudes can ride there sometime. My current project is getting close to done!

492D9E28-42AF-4242-ABE3-87BFEA5F08B6.jpeg

I’ve owned and wheeled many Yotas. Nothing like em.

First Gen Montero's are pretty sweet too....

punkrock randy /

Agreed, Monteros definitely spotted putting in work across the world too. I had an Isuzu Amigo that was super solid about 10years ago. Wish I could’ve kept it to thrash a little, just came at the wrong time in my life. Remove-able top was cool like 80’s 4 runners and such.

I dunno Haspin but we got Lee up from Cinci to shred out at Bear creek last weekend, have bikes - will travel

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Bear Creek? Where’s that? I need something new

bear creek's up this corner, east from Columbus and south from canton. it's like 90m from here, probably twice that from you

Spent several days riding around the mountains in Idaho. Camped along the Salmon River. Trails for days. Rode to Florence, an old mining ghost town. Super cool. Beautiful country. Didn’t want to come back to reality, but by Monday the smoke was heavy with falling ash. It was getting tough to breathe outside.

99032C6F-D29A-48AA-B84C-14C521E243D8.jpeg
17064120-85A3-432E-A4DD-EC9265964D6F.jpeg
AD0EEFC9-12A7-4060-8271-5A9D566B5806.jpeg

E7578F75-96FA-4CBF-8038-AC53D27631BD.jpeg
5F08DD66-ED3A-4912-9B70-E90EE9505D4A.jpeg
7D223761-E258-438B-AC2B-E159AB70E8BC.jpeg

DD6D58FC-816B-4B8E-AA06-83D274036D2B.jpeg
DDF69312-D8B1-460B-9C00-456126A4DBF6.jpeg
23B05D8B-6A80-489D-8BE8-8521A7CADC73.jpeg

15646B5C-D1E9-4E5C-9246-373B3D2A6C60.jpeg
DA1DDB85-B1D7-4C15-ACE1-185EC67827FC.jpeg
68BBA7E2-CB39-420F-902D-A9AE6B54363C.jpeg

Looks like time well spent...

sweeet, that's a good time. Is it a full locking 4wd on that? or like limited slip?

Its AWD. Front end engages the instant rear starts to slip. But all four engage. It has “turf mode” which is unlocked rear diff, for on the lawn or asphalt.

I mean its clearly pretty purpose built for exactly what you're doing, thats gotta be pretty satisfying

It really is. This is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I’m even looking forward to winter for the first time in... ever.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account