Stay home, stay safe

Leave more room for the rest of us.

20200822_193449.jpg

Re: Stay home, stay safe

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Where you at? Looks pretty

Padre island national seashore. Finally back open after hurricanes destroyed it. Now 2 more in gulf ready to do the same.

Nice, but I can hear the rust starting now.... save the busses!

Fuck yeah man! I'm so jealous. Was hoping to have my 74 on the road this year so me and the old lady could break down some where and camp out. Living the dream

Damn nice busses!

I’m gearing up to sell my newer ‘82 Vanagon Westfalia to make some room. Baby on the way and need the cash... but it’s nothing as gorgeous as those classics.

> Will S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Damn nice busses!

>

> I’m gearing up to sell my newer ‘82 Vanagon Westfalia to make some room.

> Baby on the way and need the cash... but it’s nothing as gorgeous as

> those classics.

Those vanagons westys bring big money now. Is that still an air cooler?

Pushrod Fifty /

You can almost put your kid thru college with what you can sell it for. They are expensive, even back in the 90s when I was looking for one. Had to take my X country trip in a minivan, blew a headlight bulb in Berkeley.

punkrock randy /

I’d do that. I would just wear a mask whilst purchasing bier and grub to take to the beach. No real need to “stay home, stay safe”. It’s pretty simple really. Live yer life!😷

punkrock randy /

See!! Just no ocean/gulf. Still getting out though. Beautiful weather, still hot as F unfortunately.

2DDF5D93-B748-4200-83B5-5CA01F8E224C.jpeg

OP- I remember working on those when they were new. Even borrowed one to do the Great Smokies Nat'l Park/ Blue Ridge Parkway then on over to the Outer Banks. Just me and my mountain bike. And when they got older I remember doing leaky pushrod tube seals, rusty heater boxes, leaky flywheel seals, CV joints, etc. But they're OK in my book!

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Nice, but I can hear the rust starting now.... save the busses!

Nah, I've owned the bus for 15 years now and it makes fairly frequent beach trips. Just gets major wash after I'm home.

I know, I'm a bus nerd, love the things, always in awe of a clean one......they are long gone here.

Damn hippies cutting them up !

Anywho, the water was absolutely perfect. Not a fleck of seaweed, crystal clear and nice and cool.

I guess that hurricane had some advantage pulling all the crap out of the ocean.

Camping was nice too, got down to low 70s at night with a breeze.

you can totally get out without going full blown rat licker, looks like a good way to do it. Our friend recently had a bachelor party where instead of trying to drink together or getting close, we all just arrived separately and rode thru some mud n dirtbikes without getting all cuddly and risking exposure. I mean I would definitely not be trying to get married right now, but imagine having to cancel it last minute if you got sick, or worse not knowing and killing your friends/family or theirs

actually, he's got a vanagon too, a bunch of those guys cruise with a group up here: Lake Erie Area Kombi Owner's Involvement League (LEAKOIL)

^ Very suitable name... :)

If your vw isnt leaking oil, it's probably out of oil.

> The Dude Wrote:

> If your vw isnt leaking oil, it's probably out of oil.

Haha my bug is in need of pushrod tubes bad. Gonna go with Jaycee tubes as they seem to be very nice. I have to pop a hubcap off and toss it under the engine to catch the oil, haha

The jaycee stuff is excellent, highly recommend their products.

You know what empi stands for right?

Every Mistake Passes Inspection 😉

Haha, just got a cb serpentine conversion also.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account