Is the US Postal Service disappearing?

Re: Is the US Postal Service disappearing?

I sure hope not. USPS is the only way I can compete with big corps 2 day delivery without passing the cost onto my customers. It is a service that should be treasured by anyone that lives in the US. There is no bonus to losing the USPS except for UPS/FedEx and other private couriers (all who still rely on USPS to meet customer demands).

Lol, usps is by far the worst when it comes to delivering. I swear every time I try them my order gets lost or arrives way late, or to the wrong address.

On the flip side dhl is pretty damn good, ordered from cip Tuesday and shit comes in thursday, even with regular shipping.

USPS and UPS have hands down the best track record in the thousands of packages I ship yearly. I have had 24 complaints in 5 years on USPS shipping and 22 of those have occured in the past 3 months.

DHL is great but does not offer US domestic shipping any longer. If your local office is messing up, it's worth a call.

Is your name on your mailbox? Or are you used to mommy & daddy emptying the box? Do you not empty it unless you are looking for you online order? Do you live in the middle of bumble fuck?

I have watched dhl just drive up to an address and scan it no access.

Usps is the only carrier who guarantees delivery to every American doorstep, unless you are doing something that bars your mail carrier from entry, or are part of Dejoy’s bullshit plans to devalue the post office to entice privatization.

Sincerely,

A mail carrier who occasionally rides mopeds.

I've tried calling them but anyway diverts to main teleprompter system. It's infuriating. I end up on the phone for at least an hour trying to find where the fuck my package is.

Always get messages on the tracking like "unable to deliver" or itll be on time then say "no delivery date determined" on the day it is supposed to show up.

Have my own address clearly labeled in several places but they somehow manage to fuck it up.

I would understand if I were in a new neighborhood as my county is one of highest amount of development in texas right now but my neighborhood has been here since the 80s.

I worked as a consultant for FedEx. The volume of packages they lose or damage is truly astonishing- it's around 2%. best industry estimate as of a few months ago for USPS was around .5%.

Also fun note, they rely on the USPS because they're already stretched beyond their capacity. They literally don't even want any more market share because they don't have the resources to even handle it.

Privatization would be a fucking disaster for all US logistics. It's so unfathomably stupid. (edited)

> The Dude Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've tried calling them but anyway diverts to main teleprompter system.

> It's infuriating. I end up on the phone for at least an hour trying to

> find where the fuck my package is.

>

> Always get messages on the tracking like "unable to deliver" or itll be

> on time then say "no delivery date determined" on the day it is supposed

> to show up.

>

> Have my own address clearly labeled in several places but they somehow

> manage to fuck it up.

>

> I would understand if I were in a new neighborhood as my county is one

> of highest amount of development in texas right now but my neighborhood

> has been here since the 80s.

I love the USPS for its past service, but LATELY it HAS been stumbling somewhat.

Might be the China virus affecting service.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > The Dude Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I've tried calling them but anyway diverts to main teleprompter

> system.

>

> > It's infuriating. I end up on the phone for at least an hour trying to

>

> > find where the fuck my package is.

>

> >

>

> > Always get messages on the tracking like "unable to deliver" or itll

> be

>

> > on time then say "no delivery date determined" on the day it is

> supposed

>

> > to show up.

>

> >

>

> > Have my own address clearly labeled in several places but they somehow

>

> > manage to fuck it up.

>

> >

>

> > I would understand if I were in a new neighborhood as my county is one

>

> > of highest amount of development in texas right now but my

> neighborhood

>

> > has been here since the 80s.

>

> I love the USPS for its past service, but LATELY it HAS been stumbling

> somewhat.

>

> Might be the China virus affecting service.

No, as Enzo said it's the newly appointed Post Master general intentionally devaluing the USPS as justification to break it up and sell it off.

That's pretty far-fetched.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> That's pretty far-fetched.

Bruh, we know you’re a racist, just crawl in your hole.

I guess you'd believe any lie Bas or Evil tells you? Your loss, Bruh.

Overpriced Parts /

Love USPS but one day or so a week they have a alternate/temporary carrier and they get my address mixed up with my next-door neighbor or the same address but different street name one street away with letters/envelopes,

(Packages not so much because when they beep it with the scanner they know if they made a mistake most times and then they disappear for a few minutes and then come back and swap out the wrong packages),

I don’t understand why they just don’t look at the address on the letters and mine on my mailbox pole or read who it’s going to, I don’t think that’s so hard to do but apparently it is for the alternate carriers,

It’s kinda nice though, because they screw up all the time my neighbor and the family that lives one street over we get to talk when we exchange the incorrect mail every other week

Island Breeze Swoop /

Enzo, Jah bless you my yout. Big sweet human! <3

I don’t think anyone pointed this out already. Maybe it’s so obvious it doesn’t need said?

The Government run post creates good jobs with benefits and a retirement. You know, what America used to be all about.

It also keeps the price on shipping items artificially low, creating tough competition for other courier services.

If it goes away, within a few short years, the private couriers will succeed in busting their unions, paying their workers just above minimum wage and jacking up shipping prices as high as possible.

The corporate workers will get richer, the stock holders will get richer, the economic oppression of the masses continues to worsen.

I have personal experience with postal workers. Like all government work, with no financial incentive to be competitive (they get paid no matter what) the cases of laziness and incompetence are rampant. Not saying they ALL are; just that they have a possibility to suck that would get you fired on Day 1 at UPS.

That being said, I still think it is an important institution for our economy and tradition. It deserves to be kept up and running well. The aftermath of its fall will hurt us all.

FedEx already has no union and underpays their employees. They will be better able to expand and absorb the competition. So, I guess you should buy their stock if you’re into that sort of thing.

punkrock randy /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> That's pretty far-fetched.

If you’re brain functions at 50% or less, it is far fetched. Your dumbass orange leader put someone in a position to destroy it, big fuckin surprise there. He only puts people in positions if they will try to tear them down. And all of his dupes have been dropping like flies this past 4. Again, no big surprise that nobody can continue working with that douche once they’ve had a taste.

punkrock randy /

Also no big surprise which dumbasses on here are siding with dismantling usps. Listen to papahonkycat, benefits for all and a good union. Oh wait, y’all against things of that nature too. Tell Drumph to pull out already, cause y’all have been fuct beyond recognition.

Does it even surprise anyone that don hasn't even heard of his dear leaders plan to destroy the USPS? This stuff has been on the news everywhere in the world, but apparently not on the channel in don's butt.

Dirty30 Dillon /

How IN THE FUCK, can you be against the USPS? Like seriously, THAT's where you decide to take your stand?

"ThEy MeSs Up My DeLiVeRiEs"

Yeah, let's take away the only system that allows people to economically move products and goods that's PROTECTED, just so DHL can deliver your fucking dick pills.

God, i swear half the people who get into mopeds are for the rallies, except they think rallies look like this:

Donald-Trump-news-MAGA-Rally-Milwaukee-2259086.jpg

Yea but did you guys see that video?

I laughed a few times

Especially when he says

“ I’m like a blacksmith”

there seems to be a lot of confusion on the why, usps operates well but (like other companies too) is required to prefund pensions, which increased to include retirement medical funding in 06 and they defaulted on after 2009, instead trying to keep enough liquid cash out of pensions that they could keep up operations and keep them inexpensive, so this combo of trying to do things cheaply and reliably conflicted with mandated obligations to employee retirement and amassing some losses. looks bad.

and it seems like the usps fairness aims to basically do that - cut it's requirement to prefund retirement medical. at the same time prefunding could be benficial by being able to invest that money too so it's not an obvious win. And I think that's why it was mandated - it should result in less total spending, but then we had recessions and a reduction in mail volume kinda right at the worst time. and there was a little relief but stopped short, we probably should've eased the requirements during it's toughest years but didnt

but alos, if the biggest issue is requiring retirement medical, it should be possible to address by simply relying on Medicare, though that would reduce the employee retirement medical benefits - I don't actually know ebough about it. they tried it but it failed to pass

HOWEVER it does seem like the current push is to point at this and rather than address the issues is to use them to justify drastic cuts in functionality and we run into this issue of whether the postal service is a service or a business

UPS has pretty awesome pay and benefits and pension too, and fedex puts tons into retiree healthcare as well, it's just usps is heavier on the day to day to make up for being underfunded

that and they get gvt employye bennies which are sweet but $$. so how do you you reduce the generous benefits, that'd be shitty. but maybe necessary

At any rate, the USPS is a necessary service and very beneficial for small business, home delivery to elderly, affordable reliable shipping etc and efforts to "save" it by dismantling it's effectiveness seem really counterproductive and very out of line with it's problems.

It does seem like it's being run like a business, but a business where the owners intend to cash out and dismantle it

Who's against the USPS? We always need the Post Office. Good jobs. Good pay, especially rural carriers.

Was offered a rural route in 1989, but chose the DOE job instead.

I haven't been following this but if it is all about needs more money to operate then maybe they should cut back on things like millions for super bowl adds and nascar sponsorship...why do they need to blow millions that way but need more money ....more wasteful gov spending

Got a 1984 Honda Aero 125cc Piston (0.5) overbore from Thailand to California in 4 days... DHL don't f-around @_@ Honest²

118204836_3511164785582076_7241469461124362918_o.jpg

punkrock randy /

> Honest Mike Wrote:

> Got a 1984 Honda Aero 125cc Piston (0.5) overbore from Thailand to

> California in 4 days... DHL don't f-around @_@ Honest²

Amazing what living in a country so driven by capitalism can do fer ya!!

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> I haven't been following this but if it is all about needs more money to

> operate then maybe they should cut back on things like millions for

> super bowl adds and nascar sponsorship...why do they need to blow

> millions that way but need more money ....more wasteful gov spending

Sponsorships and add campaigns are usually tax write-offs so they actually don't cost that much. Second, company's need to be visible to the public, you can't run a company without add campaigns.

They are currently losing billions because of some bizarre construct explained by Will somewhere above here, that's a waste of government money.

Bas. Are you kiding me...are you for real with the statement you made???..it is a large waste ...

What part went over your old head? If advertising and sponsorships actually cost money in stead of making it, nobody would do it.

Also, a few million pales in insignificance compared to the billions they are losing because of a dumb law passed by Bush Jr.

> Enzo Swoop Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > That's pretty far-fetched.

>

> Bruh, we know you’re a racist, just crawl in your hole.

LOL! LOL! LOL!

It must have went over your head bas...read up on how the post office operates on taxes but also i assume you are one that doesn't understand if you don't have it >>>don't spend it then complain you need more..example. you have a 200 electric bill due...you only have 198 so you can't pay the bill so you go out and eat with the wife at a fancy resturant for the 198 then go to the boss monday complaining they turned your lights off because you don"t make enough money

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account