And

“The Catcher in the Rye”

Eisenhower

Vaccine

England’s got a new Queen

Marciano

Liberace

Santayana goodbye

That’s just the first verse. The wiki page for the song has all the rest linked under the history tab.

Kill some time and expand your minds.

I bet it was hard to read that stuff without singing the song (if you’re a child of the 80’s like me). So let’s just add that too.

Re: We Didn’t Start the Fire

haha, I have that tape in my sami

have the tape too, but nothing to play it on....

Overpriced Parts /

Me thinks someone has:

Billy rode and crashed many bikes. That's the only thing that resonates here...

The lyrics of that song were lost on the people and critics of the time. Much like now.

punkrock randy /

F Harry Truman. What a dick.

In the Roy Cohn article, I found this - not very surprising - piece of info.

“ As McCarthy's chief counsel, Cohn came to be closely associated with McCarthyism and its downfall. He also represented and mentored real estate developer and later President of the United States Donald Trump during his early business career.

In 1986, Cohn was disbarred by the Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court for unethical conduct after attempting to defraud a dying client by forcing the client to sign a will amendment leaving him his fortune.”

For those of you not studying all these words:

“McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence.[1] The term refers to U.S. senator Joseph McCarthy (R-Wisconsin) and has its origins in the period in the United States known as the Second Red Scare, lasting from the late 1940s through the 1950s.[2] It was characterized by heightened political repression and a campaign spreading fear of communist influence on American institutions and of espionage by Soviet agents.”

Which brings to mind, a few names back on the list, Santayana who famously said: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

Huh? Huh? Y’all having fun yet?

Holy shit, same article. History is hilarious sometimes:

“ He insisted to his dying day that his disease was liver cancer.[68] He died on August 2, 1986, in Bethesda, Maryland, of complications from AIDS, at the age of 59.[7] At death, the IRS seized almost everything he had.[69] One of the things that the IRS did not seize was a pair of diamond cuff links, given to him by client and friend, Donald Trump.[70] The diamond cuff links were later declared to be fake by an appraiser.”

Damn dude.

Does it surprise you though?

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

this country is dying.

so they point at the ones they repeatedly elected and blame them.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account