Re: What are you drinking?

The average rent for a 1 bedroom apartment is $1800 here. $15 minimum didn't help but simply because it isn't enough.

Germany must subsidize alcohol. It’s one of the few simple pleasures in that country that doesn’t leave you feeling ripped off.

I can get a bottle of name brand bourbon for 12€ or a bottle of really good Aldi brand (still made in USA Kentucky bourbon) for 7€

There’s a local made corn liquor - moonshine - that is good and costs 5€ for a 750ml bottle.

This all makes me very happy.

Wine is also unbelievably cheap. I never spend more than 3€ for a bottle and I am never disappointed. I’ve gone drinking with friends and just bring 2-3 bottles for myself.

Of course beer is cheaper than water. But y’all already knew that.

We just go the liquor stores open on Sundays at all like a year or two ago, had to go to WI for it before...laws are weird. I freaked out when I saw booze in the grocery stores in Chicago...we still have 3.2 beer here too.

Pushrod Fifty /

3.2% ABV?

^ Not sure what that means, but 3.2 is just some low alcohol content beer, they sell that in the grocery stores, but not in liquor stores. Liquor stores used to not be open at all on Sunday's, now are at limited hrs I guess, I have not drank in a few yrs now so I don't know the new hrs, but it was on the news it was such a big deal to have the stores open sundays! :)

Pushrod Fifty /

Alcohol by volume. Thats pretty low, like the beer in Mexico. Most beer is 4.5% here, like PBR. Craft beers higher.

I can enjoy some lower abv bevs to keep myself from gettin too daydrunk while enjoying some drinks

Has the hard seltzer craze hit Europe yet? It's all the rage here in the states.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I can enjoy some lower abv bevs to keep myself from gettin too daydrunk

> while enjoying some drinks

^Never "got" this...why drink at all if you don't want to get messed up? (says a lush I know) but even at my worst drinking days if there was a situation where drinking was not acceptable, I had no problem having none.

Who remembers the og four loko?

My buddy decided to pregame for his 30th with 2 loko's and was fuckin obliterated by the time we got to the bar.

20200916_094419.jpg

Heard of that stuff, never tried it, what was/is it?

Basically a massive energy drink plus 5 beers in one can.

20200916_102716.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-095155_Samsung Internet.jpg

Holy shit....lol, they still make that stuff? I bet this raised hell with the brown bag 40 drinking set... :D

They do but they took out the caffeine

Just pour these into it.

CB2B336A-B093-4980-8706-B4754489AD57.jpeg

Jebus....wasted AND wired....what a combo! ;D

That's called a 9 loko lol

b9dc7df84efddd8d70a0b22300d42152dcbc3df863feff9e69fa601f5bd13d7e_1.jpg

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I can enjoy some lower abv bevs to keep myself from gettin too

> daydrunk

>

> > while enjoying some drinks

>

> ^Never "got" this...why drink at all if you don't want to get messed up?

> (says a lush I know) but even at my worst drinking days if there was a

> situation where drinking was not acceptable, I had no problem having

> none.

I love a nice relaxing chill of some drinks, I don't love getting shitfaced and puking all over myself and waking up halfway thru the next afternoon. There's a nice medium and lighter beers fill time. I used to be focused on getting hammered, but now I just like to chill with a cold one

I don't take it to the puking on myself level, but for me, one or two drinks have no noticeable effects, so I didn't bother when I was drinking. Different chemistry I guess.

“Mostly sober. Sometimes I change my mind.”

One things for sure...DoNoHiO has been drinking the Me, i, me me me me i i i i me me i i i me me me kool-aid his WHOLE life!!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account