Poured concrete today

To help a really good friend . I have the tools of the trade, but not necessarily the stamina it takes on some jobs.

Anyway, I'm sore, which I expected at 68 yrs. old. LOL! The guy had a 50 foot FLUME made to get the concrete over the hill and into the form. From there it was pull,pull, pull.

Good times!

Re: Poured concrete today

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Good job! I’ve been meaning to pour a concrete pad at my house for years but something else always comes up.

Felt good to get back into the boots, pullin the mud, until about a half hour of it. LOL!

THEN the old muscles started to holler.

Noone cares unless you dug your own grave, fuck off racist.

punkrock randy /

Pouring yourself some concrete shoes shouldn’t be that much work, old man. Swim with the fishes, ya see?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

House work / building has always intimidated me... i know I could do most things but my lack of knowledge always scares me from starting.

We just took a big bunch of bushes of the back of our house, it was all wayyyyyy too close to the house, all kinda issues. But it's actually opened a big extra section of our back yard, right next to the house. we already have a great porch, and I don't think a fire pit should be so close, but one option's been concrete. probably not this year tho. Might just cover it in pavers and call it a day. I mean obviously doing it right with underlayers and shit but I dunno. maybe deck it?

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> We just took a big bunch of bushes of the back of our house, it was all

> wayyyyyy too close to the house, all kinda issues. But it's actually

> opened a big extra section of our back yard, right next to the house. we

> already have a great porch, and I don't think a fire pit should be so

> close, but one option's been concrete. probably not this year tho. Might

> just cover it in pavers and call it a day. I mean obviously doing it

> right with underlayers and shit but I dunno. maybe deck it?

I do flat work and all we use for underlayment is 3/8 pea stone. We just screed the pea stone and not use sand. Works very well

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> House work / building has always intimidated me... i know I could do

> most things but my lack of knowledge always scares me from starting.

Concrete is something you need a well-experienced helper on, Jimmy. Mixer drivers can be a problem unless someone is there that knows their shenanigans.

We were at a driver's mercy yesterday, so I took the job of getting the mix right BEFORE he shot a stiff mix into the 50' chute(flume) and clogged it up.

Never allow a mixer driver his own lead. Very few are great drivers that will not make some mistake. Any mistake they make is gonna WORK you.

Got any pictures? Too bad you didn't fill your boots with concrete and fall into a river... LOL!

Just finished this big ass bluestone walk way. Use a special vacuum to lift with the excavator to set the stone in.

20200909_105641.jpg
20200910_161001.jpg

Dont do alot of concrete work but I have done enough to know I dont want to do alot of it, haha.

Nice walk! Yeah, concrete can make screamin little babies out of hardy men. LOL!

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> I do flat work and all we use for underlayment is 3/8 pea stone. We just

> screed the pea stone and not use sand. Works very well

Thanks!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account