Re: The slant six engine bay...

My second Ford truck ran something over 450K miles. 1971 F100 I transplanted a 460 hi-compression engine into. Had a great AC unit.

My first Ford was a 1965 with heavy duty springs. It rode so bad I couldn't stand it in the concrete work,so sold it and got the 1971.

punkrock randy /

My fuckin NV4500 is whining in all gears but 4th. Well, a little bearing noise in 4th, but not nearly the sound the other gears make. Gotta get on top of replacing that before future mtns camping. At least 5th ain’t fell off:-) Plus I believe mine’s an early one with granny 1st. Could climb a wall if traction allowed

BEEF! no wonder I almost blew my asshole out lifting it into the trunk of my crown vic!

20200915_152506.jpg

Pushrod Fifty /

Those slant 6's ran forever, most of them went unseen until it was oil change time. (edited)

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Those slant 6's ran forever, most of them went unseen until it was oil

> change time.

That describes my buddy's 86 dodge with a slant 6.

Does it have oil? Yes, good then.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

These new vehicles have plenty of room to wrench if you take the radiator out and remove the hood.

33B8FF0A-90FA-4051-88A9-F567821A9772.jpeg

Big gears and big work, I wish you guys luck with your projects.

The last job I did for someone was an a/c compressor on a ford modular, 4.6 I think.

The lady of course doesn't want to pay for a new condensor so I gamble and flush. I install the compressor, which is underneath of course, not just a couple bolts on top like my 425....

Anyhow, I buy the stupid line fitting tools do the job it all works well......then payment time, she asks if she can pay later, fine whatever I think to myself, then she calls back asking to confirm again if she can pick it up at night and pay later... this is when the wheels in my head turn and I suspect she doesn't have the money and like most debts people take their sweet time to pay or sometimes not at all.....wtf I am not a bank, I am a discount mechanic doing the job for half price..... So I told her that, I demanded full payment... It was a bit of an ordeal but I got all of my money and the job lasted longer than she owned the truck... I saw the next owner enjoying the cool air. . so overall good, but it's kind of a tough business at times... my dad was a full time mechanic who owned a garage that I worked at, and I did it until I started making money pizza driving.. I told pa it's better to be in the car then under the car, idk, pizza driving was scary, my brother got jumped, a guy pulled a knife on me, someone crashed into my car, I dislocated my knee, then finally drove through a hurricane and almost got stranded.... that really upset the wife so I quit, but next thing I knew the CPS sensor goes out on the Pontiac that went through the storm....so I'm back under the car again!! I don't know if I have to it's always better to work on my own stuff though... at least that's how I feel., I can just buy, repair, and sell... or even have repaired... I see one old timer making mega bucks just outsourcing mechanic work.... it's quite an industry.

I also was a driver for the nursing home..... that's what I did after I dislocated my knee... I was pushing old people in their wheelchairs while limping myself... haha kind of a pathetic sight.. but it was a cool job and my knee got better... I got to meet tons of interesting people. . One guy was a pastor and Korean war vet.. he was a cryptographer and had to send the messages to the families of the K.I.A. . he was pissed that technically the Korean War isn't considered a war by some and this lady happened to say it during their daily snack and chats..... the thing is, my professor said it wasn't but he was a good professor and said to never say it... I don't think the old guy knew I went to college..... that's the thing about being smart you just act humble and listen... all sorts of stuff happens all of the time if you let it.

I was also a driver for the railroad, those fuckers, haha!! I think Ol' Buffet messed up the cushy driving jobs that many had. My record was 2 weeks of doing absolutely nothing and years of doing next to nothing!! Sometimes I would race those Ford motors, half the time they didn't even have enough oil because of the worn valve guides..... sometimes when you really got on them the oil light would come on and they would still run great....... I think they encouraged the drivers to buy oil out of their own pockets because of how misrun their fleet management was...... I mean does it take a rocket scientist to not go to the most expensive mechanics and run thicker oil and keep it topped off?????? And to expect drivers to buy millionaires oil for their vans....haha, might as well expect pigs to fly!

I tried telling the old folks home to when I quit to put the thicker oil in their bus and keep it topped off.... the other driver was a military yes man and the bosses never knew the ford motor in their bus was burning the thin oil.... but they were super cheap and I imagine that motor suffered negligence, though not abuse the old people never told me to race their bus that was the railroaders and their hotrod vans.........

PIzza place and nursing home would also have food to grab and hot women... and if you don't have any hot women working at the pizza place when you sign up just wait a few weeks..... the nursing home had the nurses, haha, and receptionists....good times!

OH, I almost forgot the korean war guy was way cooler because he also talked about hookers and their archaic prices.... I think adjusted for inflation like $30 or something, haha wild, a sizeable percent talked about hookers unprompted...old people just like talking about hookers to strangers I guess idk..... (edited)

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Come on Mom, you’re getting WAY off topic here.

Procrastination and coffee... and ma, oh shit... she is wild as fuck....

I'll stop and maybe write a book... If it becomes successful then vinyl wrapped wheelie moped... glow in the dark maybe. I want to ride a moped wheelie for a block. . . I had an rt100 that I wheelied pretty far consistently maybe a magnum or a reinforced maxi... I have an xl100 that is kind of what a stronger magnum would be... It's pretty cool and more pertaintent to the subject... sorry for getting off track..

The xl100 was in pieces when I got it and I put together the ignition and got it to run only by adding oil into the cylinder... new top end time.... I got the motor on the bench then fucking Rona and all hell has been breaking loose... but whatever..

I'll order rings or do it right and send off the jug.. It's kind of my wife's bike. I ride the stupid 3 wheeler... actually I had a dream about crashing that fucker,, I really need to fix the brakes.

Slant six was a great engine alright. Outlasted the body every time. LOL!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account