Why are my Amazon buys always in giant boxes?

This whole giant box for one $15 dollar 2.25"x17" moped tire. Maybe bigger boxes are easier to ship. They could have wrapped it in tape or something. Maybe it's the box it was returned in because it was a previously returned product. Who knows who cares I'm just glad a got an extra new tire for my ped and it was cheap.

20200916_152845.jpg

Re: Why are my Amazon buys always in giant boxes?

What brand tire? Got a link?

It's a kenda made in Taiwan I know they make decent bicycle tires but never had one on a moped. Sorry I don't have a link man I just went to Amazon put the tire size I was looking for and this one came up in the options but it was a little cheaper because it was a return maybe someone had ordered the wrong size or something

20200916_184136.jpg
20200916_184122.jpg

Cuz you're doing it wrong dumbass, fuck amazon, buy from the homies at dos and treats not some warehouse destroying rad smaller businesses. Get funny old vhs cassettes and bonus stickers instead of excessive packaging!!

I bought 6 mini 6v dual filament bulbs from summit racing a while back. They're about the size of a tootsie roll, and individually boxed in a tiny box, like half the size of a spark plug box.

They shipped me one bulb in a box the size of a shoebox, and the other five bulbs from another warehouse, in a box half the size of a shoebox.

wgaf?

its a free disposable garage floor protector

Amazon boxes are huge sometimes because the shit is packed by robots.

Literally, a machine pulls the inventory and calculates what it needs to “fit” in.

So I’ve been told.

I could see that, but you would think that would be addressed if you make money by how much shit you can fit on a truck...fuck Amazon, buy from Treats. Buy local, buy used.

AGREED... SUPPORT TREATS OR DOS! Stop buying from amazon!

Last time I ordered from treats it took me 3 months to get my exhaust and chain tensioner and after waiting the 1st 30 days I figured I call and see what was up with my order and I kept getting voicemail and after several attempts and never getting a human on the other end I figured they screwed me. But it was like Christmas when the box did show up. but that was a couple years ago maybe things are different now. I'm sure I will order from them again but probably for the stuff I can only find on their website. I only paid $70 dollars for my 70cc airsal kit on Amazon and it was at my door in two days.. don't get me wrong treats has got all and the best stuff for mopeds. But their customer service was lacking.

Almost sounds like you're confusing them with 77 mopeds?

Treats is like a ritual for me.

I do feel like they deserve this community’s support. They stuck their necks out to run a business supporting mopeds. That takes some real love and dedication.

I can buy a bag of Werthers off Amazon. It’s just not the same as visiting grandma’s house and getting one out of the same candy dish you’ve been putting your hand in since you were a toddler.

I use Amazon or eBay for random cheep shit. But any real mopeds parts I always hit up DOS, Treats, Moped Division, or Denny Cycles. Got to support the community otherwise rad moped suppliers won’t exist. First part I ever bought was a petcock from treats when they were doing an eBay store....god I feel old.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account