Hopefully this makes me feel better

There has been lots of bad stuff out there that I've come across lately. I hope this act improves my mood and mental health. Also, fuck cancer and poverty, new shoes going in.

shoes.jpg

Re: Hopefully this makes me feel better

Overpriced Parts /

It does it makes me feel better?

No makes me feel worse because in the late 70s I got strong-armed by four Plus one with a knife robbed for my converse sears high top basketball shoes on the number one St Clair bus in downtown Cleveland while the # 55 Clifton bus driver watched the entire time when it happened!

The #55 driver did nothing but he did asked for fare, Which my 55c change was stolen too but not my 70$ paycheck that was crammed in my crotch,

Lucky I had a bus transfer and I said to the driver did you see what just happened.

he said yeah but they didn’t hit you very hard In the head so I didn’t call it in!

I said yeah Just because I ducked the punch are you on their side? He was I can’t see why you’re not really hurt should I call the transit po po !

What a A hole! I had that driver for about a week after that, then I vowed never to take public transportation again in my life, but I had to drive my moped in the middle of winter destroying my brand new Italian Moped in two years/seasons but no big deal I was able to get other ones very cheap for decades after and here I am ha ha, suckers!

Ok Boomer

dafuh

Ken's off his meds again.

punkrock randy /

Roffman wants everyone to suffer cause some kids took his lunch money on the schoolyard. That’s just the laugh I needed to spark up my day. Right on for selflessness, the very last thing our current admin will promote.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

So todays history lesson:

In the 70’s you got your ass beat over a pair of converse, but in the 80’s they’d kill you for a pair of air jordans. Nobody gives cares about addidas anymore, so you should be safe in public, unless you run into a couple old run dmc fans.

I guess my steel toe work boots aren’t considered high fashion, yet.

> Your Mother Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There has been lots of bad stuff out there that I've come across lately.

> I hope this act improves my mood and mental health. Also, fuck cancer

> and poverty, new shoes going in.

> >

Here it is. Rad. Anything to helps others awesome.

I appreciate what you’re doing.

But, notice that sign says the items are sold for profit. All the “thrift” shops are making bank off people’s kindness and I am sure that the portion donated would be too embarrassing to put on the sign.

Their employees are payed next to nothing for their privilege to almost volunteer at the store.

If you want to help a charity, give to the charity. That means selling your shoes online or yard sale and making an accountable donation (Check/electronic). So they are kept honest about income and you cut out the sleepy middle man profiting off people’s naive kindness.

I’ve met some shop owners when I worked for Brinks. They were sleezy

I didnt wanna rain on his parade either but i agree with you.

Komen is a scam of a charity, as is Goodwill Industries.

It's just so utterly depressing that even in this fucked ass manure fire of a world we live that there are multiple "legit" operations that take advantage of those of us wanting to do some good for our fellow man.

Yeah. I don’t want to be rainy either. I applaud everyone helping any way.

Some people just don’t have the time to mess with all that stuff I posted and just dropping in a box is convenient way to do good without a big time commitment.

Sorry if I came off as a major buzz kill. Mom, your still an exemplary human being.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Have you noticed that so many of the charities that advertise on tv, ask for a $19 a month donation? What is it about $19? I’m sure there’s some psychological explanation for asking for $19 versus a different amount. (edited)

I don't donate or shop at thrift stores to support their charities, I do it cuz buying new stuff is a huge waste of money and resources.

Like I got this earthday T-shirt from my company, it's made from 100% post-consumer plastic bottles or whatever.

Dude, every piece of clothing I own is used - it's all 100% post consumer, didn't even need any complex processing. someone took it off and put it in a box, and I gave a place money.

Goodwill's a weird one, it's cool they employ a lot of special needs folks and i'm sure many enjoy the sense of purpose and feeling more normal, but at the same time they're definitely kinda exploiting that to pay them little and make themselves more money. I don't think they even consider themselves a charity, but I guess somehow they must be since you can deduct donations (or you used to, new standards make itemizing kinda useless for most would-be donors)

But with any donation you gotta be sure you look into where the money etc goes, I'ev been donating a lot this year recognizing how fortunate I am to be stable and seeing how poorly our government's support system has failed trying to step up personally. I donated almost my entire stimulus check to help bail out parents arrested during the protests. There's lots of sites that rank the impact and usefulness of donations to various charities

Thanks guys, I just try and I will keep trying!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account