Can some one identify these Scooters from these crappy pictures

As the topic says can any one here identify the scooters in the pictures. I think the one is a Yamaha Vino but the other closest to the fence I cannot identify. It looks to be an older model maybe?

I am sorry for the crappy pictures. I cannot get better pictures till I get home. My wife saw these on her walk the other day and sent me the pictures to mess with me.

The dumb question is value. I know that I have no info other than they two pictures. Just curious as to value as I have no idea what to offer.

And yes I am aware they are scooters... and this is a moped site... be nice to me. LOL!

IMG_4100.JPG
IMG_4101.JPG

Re: Can some one identify these Scooters from these crappy pictures

Vintage vespa. If u can get a deal on it go for it

The one on the inside near the fence might be a vintage vespa but the one on the outside is either a mid 2000's/early 2010's Yamaha Vino or a Chinese clone. Looks like the seat says Yamaha though

The black and white one is a pretty generic Chinese scooter, "GY6-50" short case engine the QMB139. It's a very common Chinese scooter, in the vintage style. Those were sold under a bunch of different names, maybe 10 years ago, as the RT50, basically all the Chinese brands, geely tank whatever had a "retro" version that was identical to that.

The other one is a legit vintage vespa, or looks like it. the long single cushion seat and round light integrated in the bars and the horn round in the frame and looks like the trapezoid speedo, you can kinda see where the badge used to be, and the section by the lever on the bars being bare metal, might give some indication of which era/model. Maybe 60s era 150?

ya know what, lookin at that fuzzy seat, I bet it is a real Yamaha, it'd be the vino, so that's cool too then

You should buy that blue and white girls bike, too. Looks like an old Schwinn or Colombia.

Vino, if complete, $100 or so.

The Vespa, depending on what's up with it, $500 and up.

Dirty30 Dillon /

That's probably a Vespa VNA/VNB/VBA/VBB 125/150.

If it's been sitting outside, the floorboards are prolly rough like on my VBB... But they are cool and fun

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Vino, if complete, $100 or so.

>

> The Vespa, depending on what's up with it, $500 and up.

Only $100.00 for complete Vino? Those are still expensive here, Vespa is super cool, go get a look at that!

Thanks to all that have provided information. I appreciate it a lot.

When I get home I am hoping they are still there for me to scope out.

Don't remember off hand the engine code you're looking for but most Vino's got a version of the Yamaha Minarelli engine with bigger intake trenches than most.

The early ones were 2 stroke I believe?

yea the early like '02-05 were 2 stroke minarelli, went over 40.

then they went 4 stroke and later added fuel injectors.

any updates on these?

How far from me, Mark? I could go scoop them if they aren't too far from Eau Claire.

Hello All... Right now I am on a ship heading up the bay to Baltimore. I do not get off till December just before Christmas.

Here is all I know about them. My wife walks everyday. One day she went a different way and saw these in a yard and was nice enough to tell me about them. She is a great wife love her dearly! She puts up with my obsessions. I had her go there on the next walk and get me the pictures you see here. I have no idea as to an address or even if they are for sale.

The place where they are at, the guy is building a new garage... tore down the old one. Again this is what my wife says.

If he puts the scooters in the new garage he will be keeping them and knows the value. If he leaves them out then he does not care about them and I will make an offer when I get home. This is my evaluation of the situation.

I greatly appreciate all the info and estimated values as it will help me if the guy is willing to sell. I find it funny that I have not been blasted once being they are scooters. LOL! I only played with one chinese scooter as a repair for another guy. It was a fun machine but not safe for the roads in Superior, WI.

If I do get them, I will get them running and flip as they are not something I will keep. I have 8 bikes now and need to reduce as is. But I also need money for the Play Account and these could be a good profit at the right buy. So we will see what happens when I get home.

Thanks everyone for the info and offers to help. This is still the best group on the internet in my opinion.

No blasting, it's in the right forum and most of us are pretty ok with good Japanese or vintage scooters. You might be tempted to keep the Vespa, they are pretty fun! Definitely fun to work on as they are so wackadoo from just about any other engine.

Well everyone wish me luck...

I did not get home till mid January. No chance to move these during the winter so I have waited and debated. Went to the door once no one answered. House does not look to be well care for.

So I have sent a letter to them and we will see what happens. I do not need the projects right now but I hate to see these just sitting and rotting outside. I hate to see any bike rotting outside.

Kind of like the post about the Norton with the tree growing through the front tire... such a sad death for a true classic! That post got me thinking about these bikes so I decided to do something.

All literal trash and a vespa.

Scootertrash could make something out of all of it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account