Fall colors

Went to nemadji state forest in northern MN last weekend, the colors were awesome! We haven't had a big storm yet this fall to blow all the leaves down and it's been dry so they are just chilling on the trees. Really beautiful!

Rode a bunch of single track and socially distanced from reality.

Get out and ride!!

IMG_20201004_111530.jpg

Re: Fall colors

The colors have been amazing this year, (I live in MN) but there has been quite the haze in the air, from the fires out west I assume, but today was clear as a bell, after breakfast at local diner I put on more miles than I intended just taking it all in, as it will be a frozen waste soon enough! Glad you had a good time!

Looks awesome! suppose to ride in the Mountains next weekend we are about a 2-3 weeks behind in colors. But it has been dry so a lot of trees are already changing.

That looks awesome!

Pushrod Fifty /

Been riding alot, stopping for hikes, the clear sky and foliage is awesome.

punkrock randy /

Hell yeah Graham, looks perfect!! Don’t have to tell me twice to get out. Also, I frequently make trips up to MN so hit me up if you ever wanna organize a dirtbike ride up north. Minnesota is my real home.

image.jpg

punkrock randy /

Better fall colors pic🤘🏼. Still hittin ‘80’s today here tho.

A3E23903-F6E0-492F-A35E-003226D67829.jpeg

Yeah I'll definitely try to get out a lot more next summer, we had our 3rd kid in July so this is probably the only hall pass I'll get for this year. I've got 10 acres to ride in my back yard so mostly I just dick around out here. We might try to get together a bigger group for next year but it's always tough, even this one day took like 3 weeks of cancelled plans.

punkrock randy /

Tough year. I’m sure I’ll be pushed off the kid having cliff soon enough. Good to have area at home to tear up. Luckily I got this state park about 10 miles from home that’s almost 100 miles of trails. Got a campground too👍🏼

Gonna go down thru WV and Va ,NC in a few days. Looking forward to I-77 thru WV especially.

Cant ride dirt bikes around here. Only wheelers. All private land and they dont want bikes on them. Have to travel up north to ride bikes.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Luckily I got this state

> park about 10 miles from home that’s almost 100 miles of trails. Got a

> campground too👍🏼

Where's that at? Put something together for next year, there are a few people out of mpls that will show up. I love riding dirties but I like to hang with Moped people so I have been trying to get Moped folks to come to the dark side (edited)

punkrock randy /

It’s called Finger Lakes. Just north of Columbia, MO. They have a MX track and tons of woods trails. Good times

6600E671-22E8-4104-A676-3CD71715095E.jpeg

Today was pretty awesome. Leaves are getting close to peak.

You still have leaves? ;)

Ya! I would say 75% Pluss on the trees now. They finally stop falling after thanksgiving usually.

Most of ours are down, and now the snow has taken the majority, we did have brilliant colors this year though, while it lasted. :)

We took off on a whole day tour of color watching on Friday from Waverly, OH thru to Eaton, OH with my brother and his wife.

Colors were not great, but it was a great trip with great weather.

Not much maple tree orange and red this year. We visited our old houses Dad rented during the 50s til 1962. Very nostalgic and great appreciation for Dad's work ethic and `sticktoitiveness'.

Overpriced Parts /

Most all week was beautiful with temperatures in the upper 70s including yesterday friday, Just putted around close to home and took a few pics

These bushes are a better color red than my bike, wish they stayed red year round,

8FD5DE2D-3E94-4F78-8080-E76D1101E200.jpeg

Pretty good colors

7130CF24-EF62-4452-B697-6FC4E8F349D2.jpeg

I like birch trees we don’t have too many of them

5C73B4F6-DA07-49BE-8520-114D3210E6F6.jpeg

Overpriced Parts /

One of the pair of geese that protect their territory, you get too close they’ll get ya!

395C4F86-83B3-449B-94CB-8C6CF5DBD02A.jpeg

There used to be trail heads here leading into to the 800 acre wood but the parks system took it over and now everything is overgrown but it’s pretty

59761E46-167F-4F95-8E42-8FCF2C983C57.jpeg

Love the Red/Orange color

F799145D-FC40-4B5C-8320-7CAF0713FF33.jpeg

Suchess was last weekend in GA, I remember riding up there each year and you kinda hit a line riding north like the fall colors just move slowly south. But you just bust out or come out over these hills where looking one way it's still mostly green and the other a bouquet of oranges and reds. I miss that.

Still lovely tho

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account