best cast iron 70cc kit on a scooter

depending on my current set up what kit would you suggest?

rms reinforced crank

new main bearings

polini speed control variator

malossi white contra spring

malossi clutch springs

malossi belt

17.5 phva carb

yasuni r derestricted

malossi reed petals

planning on upgading to a 70cc kit and buying an open filter, new carb if necessary, gear up kit. i am leaning towards a cast iron kit and i want a powerful and reliable kit. any suggestions?* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing

Re: best cast iron 70cc kit on a scooter

Dirty30 Dillon /

You didn't mention what you're working on, or what your goal is.

Probably minarelli horizontal, so idk... the malossi if it's gotta be cast.

Would help to name what kinda bike you have.

gilera runer sp 50 new model. piaggio hi-per 2 engine. my thoughts are on: tpr fue plus, tpr black trophy, stage6 streetrace. i want a strong kit, reliable enough for big rides, and reliable for my reinforced crank with 1.5k kms on it (edited)

that stage6 rips, but no experience really. might wanna try another forum. if it were me, stage 6

Polini Corsa

You in Europe or do you have a secret source for stage 6 in the states?

Definitely bigger carb, I just put a polini sport kit and the yasuni R on my derbi atlantis with the piaggio engine, with a polini CP 21mm carb. It fuck'n rips.

If I had an upgraded crank I would have gone with with Athena race kit.

I only went with the polini kit because I couldn't find an Athena or Stage 6 sports kits in stock for a decent price.

i think the corsa is way overpriced. i am leaning towards the black trophy is it is the most reliable and has a pretty good top end as well. any thoughts on the streetrace?

i am in europe. try scooterattack.com, nice prices and they deliver worldwide i think. there is a kit that teally caught my interest, the tpr due plus kit. a cast iron kit, single ring asso piston, 6 transfer ports and it is supposed to pull anywhere from 12-15hp. my only concern is that it is not going to be street rideable as much cause of the single ring. i am not riding much byt when i do i take 10-15 mile rides.

> g run Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i think the corsa is way overpriced. i am leaning towards the black

> trophy is it is the most reliable and has a pretty good top end as well.

> any thoughts on the streetrace?

The Corsa is pricey but worth it. It's on par with equivalently priced aluminum kits. Dos had a stash of them for Mina horizontal engines for a good price.

you can get an mhr replica for cheaper price and it is a good kit alu kit. better than cast iron ones

yea why you stuck on cast? Expecting to overbore it someday?

no, cast is way more forgiving than alu kits in my opinion. i am not goint to ride everyday but i will definitely put some miles on it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account