What are the seasons of the marketplace?

I know things ebb and flow, but I was wondering if some of you old timers could tell me when the best deals pop up, besides when you're broke, lol.

Buy before tax payments are due? Sell when everyone gets their refund?

Does anyone have anymore stuff like that? Any yearly cycles I should know of?

Re: What are the seasons of the marketplace?

Seasonal things are obviously cheaper when the season for an activity ends.

For example, boats are expensive in spring and summer, but come fall everyone without proper storage will sell their boat pretty cheap.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, this is well established. Spring and summer, sales are typically higher. Late fall and winter things die off, prices drop as people want to unload projects they won't get to.

Thanks guys.

Of course this all matters less if you live in an area where bikes can be used year 'round.

yea also folks sell shit trying to get new crap for holidays and whatever, never used. Spring cleaning is purge time, taxes come back and folks buy shit with optimism for the fun of summer. more gets sold but more money and enthusiasm springtime.

That said this year's different with the crazy unpredicatable nature of how we're getting paid or our lack of pay is getting supported, shit was selling like fire after the quickie stimulus since many of the people getting it didn't need it, free money - jump start to the "economy"

I've never seen the market drop off as fast as this year. Literally went from selling a bike within an hour of posting it to no bites for 2+ weeks within a couple of days. People got carefree with their money this summer and are just starting to feel the effects of the pandemic, a lot of people are trying to sell stuff, not buy anymore and this is less to do with the season and more to do with our impending economic turmoil.

Generally though cheap bikes come in the cold times, October-February is the time to buy and the rest of the year is the time to sell

Strangely what I'm noticing is a lack of deals. People can't afford to just get rid of their stuff to get the garage cleared anymore. Now it's all, "I know what I gots", "Make an Offer"

> Roff Junior Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Strangely what I'm noticing is a lack of deals. People can't afford to

> just get rid of their stuff to get the garage cleared anymore. Now it's

> all, "I know what I gots", "Make an Offer"

Give it a few weeks, even if another stimulus is passed it's not going to be like the first one. A lot of people are seriously hurting for money

> Roff Junior Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Strangely what I'm noticing is a lack of deals. People can't afford to

> just get rid of their stuff to get the garage cleared anymore. Now it's

> all, "I know what I gots", "Make an Offer"

Scooter sales were crazy this year, so I imagine mopeds went through a similar Covid induced boom.

I speculate that a lot of new-to-mopeds people overpaid for stock bikes this summer, and are trying to recoup an investment.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account