Re: Why is the government so obsessed with getting schools open?

lazy parent comment was an aside, but I guess that's easier to respond to if you've got nothing legitimate to say to the other points.

But I only meant to imply judging "lazy parents" as a catch all problem to oppose is to neglect individual circumstances and your own personal flaws. I think there's obvious flaws in education and availability of quality child care and the decay of community and even the advent of the nuclear family but putting the blame and onus of change onto "lazy" parents alone just seems, well - lazy

EkwCr-8WAAAhjRm.jpeg.jpg

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Seth B Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Got your thesaurus handy this morning, I see. You are a prime example

> of

>

> > our failed education system. Yeah, let’s make our kids stupider by

>

> > keeping them out of school. Let’s also make them completely socially

>

> > awkward and unable to handle normal life situations. Just like most of

>

> > you on here. No wonder... you want more little mini-mes running

> around.

>

> >

>

> > Let’s create more rejects that can’t handle life, shall we? Why not,

>

> > this site is full of em. Must be “normal”, right? This little

> micro-jism

>

> > of moped army isn’t exactly the best cross section of America to be

>

> > gauging society. Y’all don’t represent a true spectrum of citizenry.

>

> >

>

> > We already have one of the worst education systems in the world, and

>

> > many nations are intellectually superior, so let’s make the next

>

> > generation the dumbest yet, by letting their dipshit parents teach em

> at

>

> > home. Yeah, sounds legit.

>

> The irony of this statement from someone I'm sure supports trump and

> would probably vote against increased school funding...

>

> I am curious about your "true spectrum of citizenry", or silly assaults

> like "can't handle life", what've you got to support that? I think we're

> all handling life pretty well? Is the being concerned about the

> wellbeing others the part that you disagree with? You make a fair point

> I agree with that there are serious repercussions of trying to close

> schools, but you do it with the same one-sided idiocy that refuses to

> recognize there are also severe repercussions of opening schools.

>

> There's no easy answer, and you're a fool to pretend there is, and

> moreso that only you seem to know it

Over the past couple years, I’ve seen more than one meltdown in the forums, by individuals “handling life”. But whatever, I just don’t see a handful of people on a moped forum as a true cross section of society; most of us are admittedly misfits for one reason or another..

As far as kids returning to school, of course there are repercussions. But it comes down to risk-reward or cost-benefit. Just like anything in life. Maybe, just maybe there is an easy answer, and as typical humans, we need to complicate shit.

trumper.jpg

Quote Seth: ` Just like most of you on here.'

Good one! LOL!

Hipshut thinks he's fitting in with all the drama queens on here..what he's not smart enough to know is they will kick him under the bus and roast him if he's not careful..i don't think he is smart enough to know how immature and childish his posts are

Yeah, he's gotta only be 16 or 17............just out of childcare. LOL!

It's kind of scary to me that school is the primary socializer of many children? If that's true, it does explain a lot, my family and neighbors/relatives were mine, as a matter of fact, we got in trouble saying/engaging in some behaviors we learned/heard at school! If parents are abdicating the socialization of their kids to the school we have much bigger issues than the virus. Is this really true?

American schooling is 12 years of American History lessons and pledging allegiance to a piece of cloth. I think most kids will be fine if they miss a few months of that.

If I save my nickels under a tree I too can own a chinese lift one day and maybe, just maybe, .... a tire shop, LOL.

kid.png

poppy.jpg

hipshut.jpg

Anyhow, call me hipshut, roast me... threaten me with a hillbilly knife.. I really don't care.

The fact remains that our response to this pandemic has been deplorable. Soviet union standards here, cloth masks, schools reopening, etc.

If the kids get together and whip up the virus they will bring it home to grand pappy or pawpaw or whatever the fuck idiot names you geezers prefer to be called.

This will result in massive old people death, maybe yours?

I recommend not doing it.

There have only been 2 (minor) school shootings in the US since February, so maybe closing the schools is a good way to combat rampant gun violence

Richard Veloz /

I agree about holding off on reopening schools,I’m hearing young adults and kids show no symptoms and are super spreader to the virus!...

Junior you slay it everytime... LMFAO!!!

Don, if that's the lift you bought you are a moron and deserve to die under that lift. Thats on you, tight ass...

Sloppy poppy, there is no hope for you, get back under your rock. (edited)

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> American schooling is 12 years of American History lessons and pledging

> allegiance to a piece of cloth. I think most kids will be fine if they

> miss a few months of that.

....history is barely even taught until middle school. Same goes for the Sciences....

...as a teacher in the pandemic. All I can say is it is a shit show.

One positive out of the is our kids who are introverts have been crushing it with virtual learning. Like shocked at the knowledge they have gained. Taking the popularity contest and recess drama out of the equation has helped some kids. It has been interesting.

7EE3B232-519B-47CD-AE6B-0C1034325D29.jpeg

All I can say is look at how much fun I am having telling kids to wash their hands and don’t touch their friends things.

It is such an odd environment I feel like the kids would be better off being 100% virtual.... (edited)

^ I completely believe that about the more introverted kids, I was one of them, and I HATED school, because of the cliques/popularity contests etc...how someone could be "better" than you, immune from punishment and the need to excel academically because they were good at a sport or pretty etc, drove me nuts, I would have KILLED to have been able to go to school online and not have to deal with the social aspects of school, I was far from friendless, but dealing with all the day to day drama turned me off to the whole idea of school. Virtual would allow people to truly develop as people, not strive to fit into a group they may or may not wish to be a part of, just to make your 6 hr sentence per day bearable. I was socialized before I went to school, as my parents had their heads pulled out of their asses, no need for the drama/lord of the flies shit that kids who don't fit certain "types" experienced. Plus, if you are a quick learner, you could graduate early, and get on to work or higher education faster, while you are still young and strong, and your mind is at it's sharpest. Virtual makes all the sense in the world to me, only issue I see is to see that the digital divide is closed so all have equal access.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Beyond the issues virtual school creates through scheduling conflicts for parents and their jobs, socialization for kids, meals, and etc... which are all very important. You guys need to understand kids learn in different ways. I’m a hands on learner that struggled very hard through school. Virtual schooling would have been a disaster for me. Some kids will be left behind if school is completely virtual. This is too complex of an issue to simply say either open school or not. Regardless of what we do here someone is going to be impacted from this decision. The answers likely are a compromise of both, while understanding that no solution will ever be a one size fits all. Perhaps we could allow any that are capable of virtual schooling to attend that way, while others meet at a physical building. We could also allow teachers at high risk to teach virtually while having lower risk teaching assistants managing the students physically present. Just some of many of ideas.

Some kids are left behind now? The meal thing really blows me away, I had NO idea how many people DEPEND on the schools feeding their kids? I mean wow, if you can't even afford to feed a child, what are you even doing having one? That will sound cold to some, but come on, having a child is a choice, not something that just 'happens" You need to be committed to the idea, both mentally and financially before you take on the responsibility of bringing a life into the world. That said, the schools in my area anyway are continuing to bring meals to the kids, they are using the school busses and drivers to do it, they are also outfitting the busses with WIFI and parking them in strategic area's so everyone can get online for lessons even if they don't have a home internet connection, and lo and behold Comcast.Xfinity/ in the top 5 most evil company's on the planet is offering free/reduced internet service to low income households, so all of that is pretty cool. I really firmly believe that having schools open before the bug is squashed via vaccine is beyond foolish, it is reckless/criminally negligent. Everywhere they have been opened infection rates have risen.

Tweaker trash /

I figured out the problem : okay so this flu is 99%+ survivable but we can not go around killing off 1% and acting like this is not a big issue.

The media wants the views:

The government wants to look like they are in control Of the issue and look like Actually give a shit.

The entire time both these entities hire people like you and me.....that @ the end of the day just want a paycheck to take care of their family

If it doesn’t “pay” who the fuck actually is interested? Can’t live on ideas and dreams

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Mr Keller you really need to pier outside your bubble and realize the complexity of this issue. Getting people internet connection and a meal only goes so far. Might be all that is needed for some but woefully short of what others need. Again there is no perfect fix here, but please realize that your plan will also greatly disadvantage many. Like I previously stated, The answer likely is somewhere between total shut down and returning to pre covid time normals.

I just don't see aNY safe way to have people in large groups, and that's what school is.

Well, I have seen enough of the shit stains spawned by the worst generation of humans to ever walk the earth.

Kids nowadays are, on average, so terrible, that no reasonable person would want to cast their children into an enclosure with them.

We homeschooled our kids for early learning. We wanted a good baseline for socializing healthy humans. The kids wanted to go to public school, so we let them.

That experiment is over. Until the direction of society comes back around, my wife is quitting her job and homeschooling again. It can be virtual, or traditional.

Honestly, all my kids can read, write, and do basic math. Even do some great critical thinking and problem solving. At their tender young ages, I put them solidly ahead of most of America (all ages) for intellectual and academic ability. Anything they learn from here on is just gonna be extra.

I’m not sure what the “mission” of public schools is anymore. But if you have kids, and you care about their future, the last place they should EVER go is an American public school.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> Mr Keller you really need to pier outside your bubble and realize the

> complexity of this issue. Getting people internet connection and a meal

> only goes so far. Might be all that is needed for some but woefully

> short of what others need. Again there is no perfect fix here, but

> please realize that your plan will also greatly disadvantage many. Like

> I previously stated, The answer likely is somewhere between total shut

> down and returning to pre covid time normals.

It's peer outside of my bubble Jimmy, a pier is something you fish off of, that aside, school was designed to provide information to children, not teach them to be little robots, I'm sorry you had a hard time in school, I did too, I despised every second of it, but maybe for different reasons than you did? The social aspect is bulshit, and causes many serious distress, maybe it's time that changed? How does being a hands on learner help you learn math, or history? I can see it for vocational training, but not basic schooling. If your parents are reality tv watching, phone in face slobs, I can see where your last hope might be school, but that is not the schools issue, it is your parents problem. Socialization is taught in the home, and if you are too busy working to do that, you should NOT have children. They depend on you to learn how to be human, the schools exist to teach them to read and how to learn, not how to act, to think otherwise is utterly insane, parenting is a 24/7 job and if at least half of your union can't or is too lazy to do that, you have no business reproducing.

I would think the schools being reopened would be more of a concern for parents of students. Do you have any kids in school, Stephen?

yeah, you havent "figured out" anything

" I mean wow, if you can't even afford to feed a child, what are you even doing having one? That will sound cold to some, but come on, having a child is a choice, not something that just 'happens"."

Was it your intention here to come off as a giganticly enormous fucking prick or...

I don't even have kids and think what you wrote is just massively fucked up.

Most home schooling is for hippies and religious fanatics.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account