Re: New bike

Did you see my edit regarding potential brake line guide on front fender?

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did you see my edit regarding potential brake line guide on front

> fender?

Yeah the guide is broken. I always use them if I can. This bike has a few different hose mounts and the big fender socket I dont think it will be an issue. I may have a spare kicking around on an old parts bike I have. I always hate switching bars on bikes as the cables and hoses can be a problem to re route but this is working out pretty good so far. Had to pull the speedo and fish some wires and stuff around but dont need to shorten or lengthen anything.

Decided to ditch the big studded seat and use this small bobber style. Had springs but I didn't use them. I made a pan under it to mount it and hide the wiring and shit. Also just got some hot rod satin black to paint the tank and fenders. It's coming together

Pics

20201113_191255.jpg
20201113_180137.jpg

Aww, you lost me on that seat set-up, like the stock one better, but it's not my bike so who cares what I think? :) It just looks uncomfortable? Hard to believe it has damn near 100k on it, but a Honda can do it, only bikes I have seen with that milage are BMW and Honda. Enjoy!

Haha yeah I would expect you to shit on my seat, haha, fuckin Democrat! Joke, hehe. Yeah not as comfy as the old seat but I have bad OCD and couldn't stare at the studded seat. Made me nuts. Got some real nice bags made by viking. Super nice quality for an almost bolt on product.

20201119_175058.jpg

Ha ha indeed, not a democrat, but had to vote that way this go around...but whatever, those bags are awesome! I did not like the studs on the old seat either, but more tolerable to me that that tiny thing you put on there....but again, not my machine, but if you were to sell it and I saw that it would turn me off to even come look at it, but it is all a taste thing, the bags are great though. What is that bracket looking thing behind the lower pipe?

It's the old exhaust bracket. Got to remove it.

Ahhh!

Looking really sharp

Not alot of progress on the bike but I did decide to get rid of the drag style bars and get some more ape style bars. About the same as the stock but more straight instead of the typical honda turn in style. Also ordered some lower shocks for it. Have not got them yet but I'm sure they will be nice.

20201224_184851.jpg
20201204_190546.jpg

Looks better with the baby apes. I fixed one of these up for a friend before. Fun bike.

Yeah mini apes. I think like 10". Got to start ripping it apart and painting. Was gonna use my gun but have never tied this super new paint tech in a can. Cost like 25 a can and got two. Should be a fun experiment.

20201113_180325.jpg

Not a pro painter by any means but have sprayed alot of nice epoxy primer but never a nice finish coat. I'm sure this should spray pretty nice from what I seen from reviews. Dont have access to nice booth anymore. (edited)

20181128_080357.jpg

So the bike got some new lowering shocks for christmas. The previous owner said the shocks were pretty new but they were a little taller than factory so he could ride 2up with his lady a little better. The shocks I got are 1" lowering from stock but like 2" from what he had on there so it's got pretty low. I like it. Bike is gonna be pretty nice after paint.

20201231_214243.jpg
20201231_190202.jpg

^ That looks really good, changest the stance for the better, I still can't get past the seat.... ;) I enjoy watching this take shape.

Yeah seat is not the best. I may take the seat that came with it and cut and shape the metal and foam and send it to the seat guy on here and let him do some magic. I like the single seat but would like to continue the seat up the fender for looks. I may just leave it the way it is and cut the bump out of the fender and smooth to match the contour. Pretty easy task. Fender is glass and I am no stranger to it, haha.

Ordered some new struts from a different model bike that doe not have the holes for the sissy bar and reflectors. Just have to cut and re shape the rear fender. Also have the nice hard bags but am gonna use hardware so I can take them on and off and still look decent. I have had a love hate relationship with bags.

20201231_234833.jpg

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ^ That looks really good, changest the stance for the better, I still

> can't get past the seat.... ;) I enjoy watching this take shape.

I do well with constructive criticism so I value your ideas and comments. Trying to make the bike less to look at so the seat helps with that. Happy fuckin new beer.

Glad you don't mind comments, I never mean to rip on anyone's builds, one of the best things about used stuff, you can make it how you like it. I wish I had a garage, would do more stuff like that, as it is all my bikes run, all the cars, old as they are are tuned, have new tires and good brakes, full tanks, all insured blah blah...nothing to "do" lol, I envy the time to mess around, fun to watch those that do, I can only mess around like that i the summer. Helix will prob be my next new toy, plus I know where there is a solid Elcamino sitting about....the official white trash staff car, maybe make an offer on it, utterly useless car, but would be a fun rat rod. Can haul peds in it too... Have fun, and keep the pics coming.

Haha I live in maine and have a very low house payment and dont have to work my ass off to survive. I'm not very old in my mid 40's and like to tinker and do spend to much money on my never ending projects but I try and do what makes me happy at the moment. I do have alot of toys and enjoy wrenching more than riding but I am getting to the point where I need to ride my bikes but I do like the safety of my property especially now with the covid on our heels. Drivers are getting worse also. People used to just text while driving but now with the no texting laws they have their phones in their laps so they look down at their laps so have no idea what is happening on the road at all now. I love all things with engines. The man with most cylinders at the end wins. Has always been a joke with us locals. I'm pretty sure it would take me a good day to figure out all the pistons in cylinders around here. I have been selling though. Also dump runs are cool. You are like me steven. Like to keep things simple with rides but as time goes on the salt kills all the good stuff and we are forced to enter the new world of things we dont understand. I hate all the new vehicles and will be forced to buy when my simple machines fail. I hope I can have the motivation to mabye go south and buy less rusty vehicles and bring them here so calcium can destroy them in a few years. Cheers to a new year of shit. I will continue to update my posts.

It's not all shit man, I refuse to believe that, but this year has made it harder than usual, I too 'am thinking of looking south for the older simpler stuff, I love my truck but it is a 2006, newest model year I have ever owned, and the only maint I can do is the air filter, it runs fine, but when it does not? $$$$ Looking about for a Chevette, yep I said it, a '76 was my first car, and had an '81 T-1000, ran the wheels off of both of them. Looking for a 2 door, no rust, (don't care about paint) must be a stick shift. I know, good luck, but buying cheap cars allows you to buy many different models, relive old times and not give the bank money every month to get around. I'm a little older, 53, I don't have to work my ass off either, and glad about that....I enjoy the simple life, not like you can take it with you. Be well!

Thanks man. Sent you a pm

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account