Harley's new e-bike

A buddy from college who went to Harley after graduating has been working on this for the past couple years and it's finally public. If I didn't know him I wouldn't be very interested in it, but the dude is the most intelligent and hardest working guy I know. He led our collegiate electric motorcycle race team to win the professional electric class at Pike's Peak.

Looks like a standard pedal-assist e-bike that's belt driven. Pretty weird in that regard

www.serial1.com

Re: Harley's new e-bike

Who is that? Sam?

Re: Harley's new e-bike

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Who is that? Sam?

My buddy? His name is Brody

Re: Harley's new e-bike

would be interested to hear how they settled on that goofy frame geometry and that head tube.

Re: Harley's new e-bike

Has Harley ever made anything that isn't a Harley, that didn't totally bomb? I guess T-shirts and leather jackets.

Styling is cool though.

Re: Harley's new e-bike

I was working there up until a few years ago, I don't remember a Brody, I was pretty well acquainted with most of the ebike guys but that exact program was just getting started when I left.

Re: Harley's new e-bike

> Edward Koipond Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Has Harley ever made anything that isn't a Harley, that didn't totally

> bomb? I guess T-shirts and leather jackets.

>

> Styling is cool though.

Also there have been a lot of 'non harley' bikes that did well, the aermacchi stuff sold really well, the topper didn't do so great sales wise but it has a strong following and they command $$$.

The street or XG750 has turned out to be a pretty good bike all things considered, not my cup of tea but they sell pretty good and have surprisingly high resale. Now that they finally got someone to ride them (not vance and hines) they are getting back on the podium.

Re: Harley's new e-bike

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I was working there up until a few years ago, I don't remember a Brody,

> I was pretty well acquainted with most of the ebike guys but that exact

> program was just getting started when I left.

He moved up there in 2018 if I remember correctly

Re: Harley's new e-bike

Cool!

Re: Harley's new e-bike

it looks great.

Belt drive is a popular option in a lot of "commuter friendle" bikes for ease of maintenance

Re: Harley's new e-bike

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Edward Koipond Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Has Harley ever made anything that isn't a Harley, that didn't totally

>

> > bomb? I guess T-shirts and leather jackets.

>

> >

>

> > Styling is cool though.

>

> Also there have been a lot of 'non harley' bikes that did well, the

> aermacchi stuff sold really well, the topper didn't do so great sales

> wise but it has a strong following and they command $$$.

>

> The street or XG750 has turned out to be a pretty good bike all things

> considered, not my cup of tea but they sell pretty good and have

> surprisingly high resale. Now that they finally got someone to ride

> them (not vance and hines) they are getting back on the podium.

Re: Harley's new e-bike

I'd rather have the italjet ascot:

3ee29698cc970b68bac481314a8a175f.jpg

Than this ugly "Harley" piece of crap.

9905.0.jpg

Re: Harley's new e-bike

I think they both look pretty good, too bad I'm sure they cost a small fortune. :( That Ascot is straight up sexy though....

Re: Harley's new e-bike

good lord it appears it never posted a long reply I wrote. fuckit, whatever.

I'm curious the price tag and performance. But expecting probably 5-6k range, on par with like the alante or that italjet and others. Not ever for me.

I think the downtube might be a little too feminine for sensitive macho Harley fellas who don't understand bikes, though they're probably already averse enough to the idea of something small, electyric or that you'd have to pedal.

I think it looks pretty great though, it doesn't fall into the traps of looking like every other electric bicycle nor does it try to hard to be retro or to be extra flashy different or futurey/wild. Doesn't appear to leave much room for fairings, which if intended as a commuter is real dumb, lack of lights is a disadvantage vs many of the competitors (and so easy to do w/ a built-in battery, tho maybe its an add-on accessory) and there's the white wheels which look great for unridden photo-ops only - I'd be on gumwalls for sure. But the design is simple and elegant without trying too hard, and the cable routing and wiring so clean. I dig

Re: Harley's new e-bike

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

It does have lighting.

B53A15AF-0494-43A1-A863-C044286577A7.jpeg
C1514037-2B70-4B2A-A73C-9F02395A2639.jpeg

Re: Harley's new e-bike

oh snap, that's pretty clever, explains the headtube a little better too. Maybe not enough lighting but fits it. so really im stuck with a lack of fenders to complain about.

I dunno, I dig it, it's simple and elegant, original without being excessive

Re: Harley's new e-bike

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Did he get to meet Ewan?

Long Way Up has some cute Harley girls wrenchin that just kill me

Re: Harley's new e-bike

> Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did he get to meet Ewan?

>

> Long Way Up has some cute Harley girls wrenchin that just kill me

My wife and here moto lady crew were on an episode, I think the 1st season e3, of some similar moto tour show with Norman Reedus, the guy from Walking Dead.

Re: Harley's new e-bike

I think it looks pretty good, I like the raised chain stays and the slanted top tube looks clean. I don't like the saddle and I question the rake/trail looking super slack, I guess maybe the short stem might help it feel agile even with that.

Re: Harley's new e-bike

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I think it looks pretty good, I like the raised chain stays and the

> slanted top tube looks clean. I don't like the saddle and I question the

> rake/trail looking super slack, I guess maybe the short stem might help

> it feel agile even with that.

that's a good point. It definitely wants to be pretty upright. Im curious how it'd look with a rider, dimensions and proportions. Always mopeds on here looks cool as hell til someone riding it just dwarfs the goofy lil things

Re: Harley's new e-bike

More outgassing from a zombie brand. Perhaps if a few "Big Twins" were recycled in the making of a new product they could inch toward the future...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account