Biscuits and gravy

I plan on making either a nice chicken ragout or a biscuits and gravy like gravy today.

I have a few questions though;

"The first step to making this gravy is to cook one pound of pork breakfast sausage. You can use mild, hot, maple, or any type of pork sausage that you prefer.

Once the sausage is browned through with no pink remaining you will add two tablespoons of butter directly to the cooked sausage and allow it to melt."

1: Is breakfast pork sausage in any way different from regular sausage eating time pork sausage?

2: Should i break up the sausage before during or after the baking?

3: if anyone has a good gravy recipe, feel free to share.

Re: Biscuits and gravy

How to cook sausage and gravy coming from a world class chef ? Hahaha lolol..you should have tried harder in micky d's french fry school...hahaha Stop eating the M&M's bas they are making you dilusional..lolollll

Bas >>> sausage is sausage...brown the sausage in a skillet ..drain the grease and remove the sausage.use the grease needed to make gravy..mix together...depends if you want brown or white gravy..either one is very easy made

Fuck off senile dipshit.

Bas, I got you.

Sausage used for gravy comes unpacked (no casing). People press it into patties or mix it with other ground meats.

use un-cased sausage meat. Brown like you would ground beef for tacos or something.

Nothing personal bas .just odd a world class chef doesn't know the difference in sausage or how to make gravy...hell a 10 year old knows how to make gravy

Sad sloppy, if you'd have ever left your plumbingless dwelling, you would know that food is different around the world. Sausage gravy does not exist in Europe, nor do we call a roux a gravy and our sausages always have their skin on them, hence the completely normal questions that were kindly answered by a decent human being.

Anyone else picturing this dumb hick motherfucker making Jimmy Dean bolognese?

giphy-3.gif

Maybe you need to get a sausage dog and go sausage hunting bas since all you have is unskinned sausage....then you can learn to skin them like we do squirrells,deer,rabbits and the like.sad that you live in such a backwards country that is centuries behind in good eats....oh well keep chomping on those M&M's the goats leave behind..they should keep you from starving

You can't get a lot of the shit you eat outside of the states because most civilized nations have strict controls on putting garbage into their food.

My friend and I tried awhile back to import a certain line of "natural" beverages from the US into Ireland but couldn't because it contains Castoreum, which comes from Beaver assholes.

what beverage was that??

We all know sloppy loves himself some beaver testicles.

Maybe bas should move to a civilized nation then instead of that backwards goat dwelling country he lives in...better yet maybe you should move there with him? if your saying they wouldn't let you import the beverage because it is unsanitary why were you interested in importing it to start with smart ass..sounds like you might have been trying to dump some bad shit on somebody else...what a loser (edited)

Back on track for a second.

Bas,

Maybe some will not agree with me on this?

I like using less than fresh biscuits for this.

We should all be encouraging cultural diversity right now. Not bickering about goat turds and beaver balls. But, y’all can do whatever you want.

Share some biscuit and gravy stuff while you’re at it though.

Come back to how backwards my country is when you learn to read and write and have indoor plumbing, decrepit pig rapist.

Papa...if bas would learn to keep his mouth closed at me i would never post anything like this and try to be helpful or friendly toward him..he seems to love to poke at me nonstop so i put it back at him after i get enough.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Back on track for a second.

>

> Bas,

>

> Maybe some will not agree with me on this?

>

> I like using less than fresh biscuits for this.

>

Do you know of anything in Europe that resembles biscuits? I don't plan on making them myself.

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Papa...if bas would learn to keep his mouth closed at me i would never

> post anything like this and try to be helpful or friendly toward him..he

> seems to love to poke at me nonstop so i put it back at him after i get

> enough.

This must be your dementia talking, look at the first three posts in this thread and try to find out who is acting like an asshole. Now go look for the bag of pennies you hid in your yard, it might be enough to get you some of that fancy smancy indoor plumbing.

punkrock randy /

Definitely break up and brown the sausage good. I actually prefer to make a piece of bacon crispy first and chop it up and add it to the cooking sausage. I don’t drain the grease unless it’s really excessive, in fact I might add a butter for a little more liquid and deliciousness. Once the sausage starts to brown pretty good, I’ll start adding flour and stirring it in to start soaking up all those juices and turning it into a little thicker mix. Once that happens for a while and the flour is getting browned with the sausage then you start adding milk/ heavy cream of your choosing. Continue to let simmer and slowly add milk product until you get the consistency you want.

Well, I at least learned something I never knew about beavers. And I watched the full documentary about those guys.

I’ve been told by a group of hunters that Beaver is the best tasting game meat.

I’ve never eaten that kind of beaver before.

punkrock randy /

Pops gravy would be terrible. Don’t let him lie to you, I’m sure he’s forced his wife to make every bit of food that he eats at home for years. True to American tradition misogyny and gender roles.

punkrock randy /

Also, I usually only put pepper in it. A lot of times with the bacon and the sausage it’s already pretty salty enough. But those are the only seasonings I would use, salt and pepper. Chop up green onions or scallions and put them on top of the biscuits and gravy to really set it off.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> > Papa _ Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Back on track for a second.

>

> >

>

> > Bas,

>

> >

>

> > Maybe some will not agree with me on this?

>

> >

>

> > I like using less than fresh biscuits for this.

>

> >

>

> Do you know of anything in Europe that resembles biscuits? I don't plan

> on making them myself.

Its leavened with baking soda/baking powder. No yeast. I can’t think of anything right off hand that is similar. But the recipe would be simple and ingredients are available. You’d want a flour with gluten, not cake flour.

Biscuits and gravy kicks ass with a side of eggs.

punkrock randy /

And if you make your own biscuits, use cold butter instead of warm when making up the dough. Works out better 👍🏼

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Papa...if bas would learn to keep his mouth closed at me i would never

>

> > post anything like this and try to be helpful or friendly toward

> him..he

>

> > seems to love to poke at me nonstop so i put it back at him after i

> get

>

> > enough.

>

> This must be your dementia talking, look at the first three posts in

> this thread and try to find out who is acting like an asshole. Now go

> look for the bag of pennies you hid in your yard, it might be enough to

> get you some of that fancy smancy indoor plumbing.

Might want to go back to all the other threads you post your bullshit at me when you're not in the conversation...starting now we will wait and see who throws out the first insult

castoreum comes from beaver anal glands and is used in flavorings of ice cream, candy, soda, and a whole bunch of other shit

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> castoreum comes from beaver anal glands and is used in flavorings of ice

> cream, candy, soda, and a whole bunch of other shit

I like all those things. If its first (natural) job was flavoring beaver shit, that stuff must be delicious. Next time I see a beaver pile, Imma take a nibble.

ill drain the grease and toss it in the freezer for a few minutes then skim the top and pour the rest back in and thicken it up

Unsanitary? The fuck are you talking about?

The EU has food standards above the USA's.

And it was Polar Seltzer, fuckhead.

https://www.inc.com/peter-cohan/5-shocking-ways-this-ceo-keeps-his-135-year-old-seltzer-company-running-young.html

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account