Corned Beef Hash

Papa _ /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Bas had us all going pretty good with biscuits and gravy. My personal favorite trashy breakfast is the hash out of the can.

I put a little butter in a pan, scoop that dog food smelling mess on it. Hit that with some complete seasoning mix, garlic powder, pepper, a ton of paprika and fry the hell out of it. Like until its all crispy and the pan has gone quiet. All the little crunchy crumbles are loose, not clumped together.

I push that to the side and fry a couple eggs in the grease. Over medium, the yolks have to stay liquid.

Plate that with the eggs centered on the hash. Bust the yolks into it. Shower that with 1/4 bottle of hot sauce (maybe only enough to cover the entire surface).

And its done. Should be on the 3rd cup of coffee by then, so that one gets cut with a lot of milk to help with the hot sauce.

Bas, I’m certain they don’t sell this garbage where you live. Home made is good, but not even close to this food abomination which I love. I can mail you a couple cans if you want to try it?

Best homemade version I ever had was at Rosy’s Diner in Escanaba, MI. That would be the recipe to get if possible.

What do the rest of you do for hash? (edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account