Re: Walkman

Nothing but type ii tapes for me

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I Spotify a lot and listen to podcasts on long trips, but the tape

> adapter is just as easy as Bluetooth really.

>

> The thing I like about tapes, cds or vinyl tho is listening to a whole

> album and not having the easy option to switch, like choices are great

> but too many choices can leave you wishing for something else or

> something next the whole time. There's some simple please slamming a

> tape in and letting it rip through its entirety

Agreed, all these choices can be very overwhelming, if I don't like what's on the radio I just change channels. :)

Here’s my old beast, Sony wm-1. Got it at an estate sale long ago for a whopping $.50. Still works, had that Antonio Carlos jobim tape in there for a decade. Even the old red Sony mdr-1 headphones still work. It’s also got the extra headphone jack for when you and a buddy wanna jam out together.

0641C1DF-41A8-4FEF-960B-C30EA776C933.jpeg
5FA4D7DF-AD26-4D90-8A64-527331AF196D.jpeg
FE02919A-C8E0-489C-8742-13AF6DAF2661.jpeg

Nice, I miss the times these were made, so much slower and simpler! :)

So, excuse my stupidity. The moped monday podcasts and such that are put on here, could I ask a "smart speaker" to play them and they would?

yea, I tried it last time I was driving for work the rental had a Bluetooth and I just hit the command button on the wheel and said play moper Monday podcast and it pulled it up on spotify and I spent the drive recounting silly rally stories in my head that the episodes remind me of

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

aiwa j150 around 1989

aiwa_hs-j150.jpg

sony discman for the reciever on my bike. eh.

I had the first model, back in 79-80.

Kinda f'd up story of how I got it, but I was only 10-11 years old, so...

We lived in Tucson Arizona and would ride our bmx bikes all night, after telling our parents we were going to the movies.

We were riding down a street by the UofA, where all the college kids lived, and there was a convertible MG midget parked with the top down, and I saw the orange headphones hanging from the rear view mirror from a mile away.

Two seconds later I had my first Walkman.

Whoever's car that was, I hope you had really really bad karma and needed me to check it, or that you graduated and became a very rich, successful person.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account