Mom, the MEATLOAF!!!!

Johnny Brapp /

We want it now!!

I don’t own a meat grinder as of yet, so I spent a bit this past weekend dicing/mincing 2 ribeyes. Trim ALL fat. Mixing with cooked bacon, fresh ground (obv not by me) sausage.

But i want give it up ALL up that easy. How does the ma crew like to get down with their meatloaf?

Re: Mom, the MEATLOAF!!!!

Johnny Brapp /

Guys, I’m just trying to get y’all to beat my meat wtf (edited)

Johnny Brapp /

Loaf (no homo no more pm’s plz) (edited)

When I was a kid, I loved meatloaf.

I ate so much one time that I threw it up.

Since then, any ground meat with onion, bread crumbs, and ketchup (on a typical ohio loaf) tastes gross to me.

I like meatballs with gravy and the stuff you put together sounds aight.

I have never tried to make my own meatloaf. Well, one time, i tried using ground venison to make gyro meat. Flavor was there but the texture was like a damp, compressed lump of cardboard pulp.

ugh, my moms meatloaf sucked

^ That's funny, my mom's did too, which is really weird, as overall she is an amazing cook! It has taken me a LONG time to try it again, and to be honest, it is for me one of those foods I have come to like, but just can't look at, cover it in that red sauce, or put it on some sourdough bread as a sandwich, it's pretty good, put if I never had it again I would never miss it. Even the name just sounds gross.

I Love the stuff. I make it the first cold day of fall and roast potatoes and have peas. Geez it’s good.

9A0E3BED-D120-4519-92C5-FE0327B2ACF9.jpeg

Hahaha!! I was exactly the same way.

She made amazing meals otherwise and her deserts were especially fantastic; Peach Cobbler that'd straight up make you weak in the knees.

But the meatloaf, eesh.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

His name was Robert Paulson...

Well my mother was the best apple pie and homemade spaghetti sauce maker but a terrible meatloaf maker. Maybe it was all the ketchup on top. I don't know, but I didn't like it at all.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

They say the best way to tell which is the finest Diner in town is to order the meatloaf

True that! Get the mile high meatloaf, and if it’s good, everything on the menu will be awesome.

meatloaf makes me think of Pleasantville when William H Macy’s character can’t process that his wife broke script so he just keeps repeating: “Where’s my dinner?”

I do that to my wife sometimes. Either she doesn’t get it or isn’t amused. I feel like much of my humor falls on fallow ground.

Oh and: Hot Patootie, Bless My Soul

Every time I want meatloaf I realize that instead of beef, I can use pork and shrimp. Mix in cabbage, green onion, garlic, and wood ear mushroom. And instead of making rolls I can make dumpling dough.

I have attempted to make meatloaf three times in the last year. But when I go shopping I always end up with a freezer full of homemade gyoza, shumai and lumpia......

The last time I went really off track and spent 16 hours making charsiu bao.

Mmmm. I want baozi

261070_perfect_roast_pork_bun.jpg

Damn, that looks good!

I never thought to tackle making bao but why not, looks awesome I should try it

Made this tonight.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account