Congrats South Dakota

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

First state ever to legalize medical and recreational cannabis at once aka the leapfrog

This reflects the attitudes of all the lovely moped people I know from there. I hope some pardons are issued because they really threw the book at you before. (edited)

Re: Congrats South Dakota

s/o to the real winner last night: drugs

very excited and curious to see what the effects of drug decriminalization will be in Oregon. A pretty interesting experiment that has a lot potential to change things for the better. (edited)

Did they decriminalize everything or just cannabis?

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did they decriminalize everything or just cannabis?

Baby steps

Only Oregon did the everything thing

Interesting, did not hear anything about that, I see where it could help take the criminal element out of drugs, but I wonder if we don't already have so many addicts to the harder stuff where it could make it worse? Also where it is just one state, will it become junkieville, fed by illegal dealers from surrounding areas? Interested to see how this works out. Would sure be hard to put that genie back in the bottle..... (edited)

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Amsterdam did it. With mixed results.

NL is full of junkies

Amsterdam doesn't have different laws than the rest of the Netherlands. All drugs are illegal in the Netherlands, so cops can still arrest you for possession of "user amounts" of drugs but they rarely will.

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> s/o to the real winner last night: drugs

>

> very excited and curious to see what the effects of drug

> decriminalization will be in Oregon. A pretty interesting experiment

> that has a lot potential to change things for the better.

What a shame!

America is full of junkies.

> Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ Wrote:

> Amsterdam did it. With mixed results.

>

> NL is full of junkies

Portugal did it with good success. But they also implemented more social programs to help drug users.

Yea it's a tough one, I've got some close friends who are 1st responders, medical and fire dept in NH and more than 9/10 calls are heroin OD's. Often the users whose lives were just saved are mad that the Narcan ruined their high. it's wild - people will have 5, 10 near misses, same person. They don't arrest them because you don't want to make people afraid to call for help when someone is dying but at the same time how do you get people help, what's the incentive to stop? Like tipping the chair back to see how far you can go and then relying on the fire department to catch you when you pass the tipping point is not good for users or the services. It's a tough one. heroin sucks. but I really applaud decriminalization from the perspective that far too often someone whose life could still be righted is sent to jail and irrevocably destroyed- I think social programs is a very important one, I think a justice system that focuses on rehabilitation rather than punishment (and profit) is a critical piece, but beyond that there needs to be some focus on the social communal aspects of drug abuse too. Like when all your friends and all you leisure is drugs, what do you do when you quit? If you don't know what else to do, have nobody else to quit with, you're doomed to repeat. I don't know how to promote quitting with friends but I think for the folks I've known who have beaten that addiction the key component wasn't the fear of punishment or the fear of death or the cost or any of that, but just the ability to find friends to quit with or support alternate healthy hobbies

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Amsterdam doesn't have different laws than the rest of the Netherlands.

> All drugs are illegal in the Netherlands, so cops can still arrest you

> for possession of "user amounts" of drugs but they rarely will.

Well they're clearly given instructions to not harass tourists as thats big $$$$$. And the history of it has been all kinds of legal battles. I don't follow your country's news much but there's more to it.

Also all private cannabis clubs in Holland means Amsterdam is still the only place you won't need a membership card to cop right?

punkrock randy /

Go Michigan!!!!!!!!

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > s/o to the real winner last night: drugs

>

> >

>

> > very excited and curious to see what the effects of drug

>

> > decriminalization will be in Oregon. A pretty interesting experiment

>

> > that has a lot potential to change things for the better.

>

> What a shame!

Yes Don we already know that you shame anything and everything you dont agree with. STFU!

punkrock randy /

Don doesn’t agree with anything unless it’s on his knees or missionary

Dude, I forgot I had invested in a bunch of weed stocks a few years ago. I put $420 in there at just the right time to see it skyrocket to almost 3 grand, I took it out and then, like a dummy, reinvested it just to watch it tank. Well holy shit it's back up over 2k! sweeeet.

All these people sucking trump's mini fingers for boosting their 401k should trusted instead in good ol weed.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I bought some OGI stock a few months back and its done nothing but loose me money. I only put a few hundred into it, so no big deal.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Dude, I forgot I had invested in a bunch of weed stocks a few years ago.

> I put $420 in there at just the right time to see it skyrocket to almost

> 3 grand, I took it out and then, like a dummy, reinvested it just to

> watch it tank. Well holy shit it's back up over 2k! sweeeet.

>

> All these people sucking trump's mini fingers for boosting their 401k

> should trusted instead in good ol weed.

Like alcohol, you will only make money on weed! ;)

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Dude, I forgot I had invested in a bunch of weed stocks a few years

> ago.

>

> > I put $420 in there at just the right time to see it skyrocket to

> almost

>

> > 3 grand, I took it out and then, like a dummy, reinvested it just to

>

> > watch it tank. Well holy shit it's back up over 2k! sweeeet.

>

> >

>

> > All these people sucking trump's mini fingers for boosting their 401k

>

> > should trusted instead in good ol weed.

>

> Like alcohol, you will only make money on weed! ;)

for the past 2 years it'd lost quite a bit but launched right back in the last weeks

May have lost some because of who was in the whitehouse, it's still illegal (pot) on the federal level......hopefully they will get over that.. ;)

Long about now DoNoHiO should be taking credit for something stupid. Like some kind of self congratulatory masturbation shit that he's always spewing. Ha ha fuck you Don! (edited)

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> America is full of junkies.

^ Very true, we consume something to the effect of 80% of all the illegal drugs produced in the world. In reading more about the Oregon thing, looks like if busted with "user amounts" of anything you can get out of jail by paying a $100.00 fine and entering treatment? That's fine if you want to quit, but so many don't.....I just wonder if this will make the state a meca for dope fiends? What will that do to local social services, law enforcement etc. Sure will make it a gangsters paradise for dealers..... But the current model is clearly not working, so this is worth a try I guess, I'm not a big news fan, so if people know more about this, do share, it will be an interesting experiment for sure, but if it fails, I don't see how you could ever return to the previous laws?

I highly doubt the US consumes 80% of all "illegal" drugs in the world. Where does that number come from?

The US does have highest incarceration rate in the world, which is mainly due to locking people up for possession of small amounts of drugs.

Imprisoning people for such small offences leads to a downward spiral of drug use and criminality, as you don't learn how to be a decent citizen in jail.

Decriminalisation of small amounts of drugs has a positive effect on the society as a whole because people are gonna use drugs anyway and imprisoning them for such small offences only leads to more problems.

May have that number wrong, but I'm pretty sure....it was on "Drugs INC" a Nat-geo special. I agree it will be interesting, and as I noted the current model is not working, but if it is not a nation wide law, will just bring more users into one area? I firmly support legal cannabis, but have a hard time with the legalization of harder stuff...but like you say, people are going to do it anyway...

Drugs inc and Nat Geo aren't good places to get your facts or numbers ;)

If you decriminalise possession of small amounts, it's still not legal and you can still go after the dealers, who are the actual problem. Most Junkies neither have the state of mind nor the financial means to move to another state, so decriminalisation will not lead to a massive influx in users but it will give law enforcement more time and resources to bust dealers.

Maybe the stat was that we spend more on illegal drugs than any other country....? IDK, it will be interesting to watch.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> I highly doubt the US consumes 80% of all "illegal" drugs in the world.

> Where does that number come from?

>

After you do drugs you immediately don't report to jail to turn yourself in? Weird

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account