How is it possible to be this close?

Politics aside, Just think of the sheer impossibility of sooooo perfectly evenly balancing two very polarized groups. There's differences in the issues prioritized, and predictable differences in where they live, rural vs city, coast vs middle, and differences in how they vote, in person vs mail-in. Add that all up and get just enough on each side, then factor in how much each vote counts based on state and electoral college, get exactly the votes per state to add up like some crazy math puzzle to give juuuuuust enough to one over the other, and all hinging on a few states by a few thousand votes.

Like really think about that, how impossibly perfectly those variables have to all balance.

and 3 of the last 5 elections have been down to the votes of around 0.0001% of the population. Like seriously, that's fucking insane!

Re: How is it possible to be this close?

Waiting for Nevada to stop fucking around.

That's why it is so important for EVERYONE to vote.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Most states are within like 1% leaning right or left. Its mind boggling... but my guess is that the democrats & republicans have just figured out great ways to polarize the country.

Someone introduced me to the idea of Rank Choice voting. I havent heard any counter arguments towards it yet, but my first impression is pretty positive. What is everyone's opinion on that? I would image the independent parties would greatly increase their odds of winning.

I just hope, whatever the outcome, that there can be faith in our elections, and that integrity can be restored. Because as things currently stand, both sides are equally convinced that the other side is trying to steal this election. What do you do when both sides are 100% convinced they’re right?

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Most states are within like 1% leaning right or left. Its mind

> boggling... but my guess is that the democrats & republicans have just

> figured out great ways to polarize the country.

>

> Someone introduced me to the idea of Rank Choice voting. I havent heard

> any counter arguments towards it yet, but my first impression is pretty

> positive. What is everyone's opinion on that? I would image the

> independent parties would greatly increase their odds of winning.

We need to abolish first past the post for sure. Ranked choice voting is one of a few options, it's better than FPTP but it has some of the same pitfalls. A good basic introductory video on it for the unfamiliar:

Mixed-Member Proportional voting would be a massive improvement, but I doubt I'd see that in my lifetime.

> Seth B Wrote:

> I just hope, whatever the outcome, that there can be faith in our

> elections, and that integrity can be restored. Because as things

> currently stand, both sides are equally convinced that the other side is

> trying to steal this election. What do you do when both sides are 100%

> convinced they’re right?

I think once trump is removed from the picture, either this term or next, things will return to a bit more of a normal, he is the only one really griping about voter fraud, Biden has called for patience and to see that all votes are counted, and has admitted that he would concede if he lost. No one person or party is more important than the process, and people who have been in government for a while know this. trump has finally come up against something he can't control with his money/force of will and he can't comprehend it. Makes me happy inside. :) But, much as I despise that man, if he wins via the system, I will accept it, as that is the way things work here.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> but my guess is that the democrats & republicans have just

> figured out great ways to polarize the country.

this + the electoral college is apparently working. I dont think there was ever the expectation that the crux of ideology would eventually boil down to rural vs. urban in this way. It's pretty wild.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > Seth B Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I just hope, whatever the outcome, that there can be faith in our

>

> > elections, and that integrity can be restored. Because as things

>

> > currently stand, both sides are equally convinced that the other side

> is

>

> > trying to steal this election. What do you do when both sides are 100%

>

> > convinced they’re right?

>

> I think once trump is removed from the picture, either this term or

> next, things will return to a bit more of a normal, he is the only one

> really griping about voter fraud, Biden has called for patience and to

> see that all votes are counted, and has admitted that he would concede

> if he lost. No one person or party is more important than the process,

> and people who have been in government for a while know this. trump has

> finally come up against something he can't control with his money/force

> of will and he can't comprehend it. Makes me happy inside. :) But, much

> as I despise that man, if he wins via the system, I will accept it, as

> that is the way things work here.

Looks like the system will likely be SCOTUS.

It's over, dummy.

punkrock randy /

> Seth B Wrote:

> I just hope, whatever the outcome, that there can be faith in our

> elections, and that integrity can be restored. Because as things

> currently stand, both sides are equally convinced that the other side is

> trying to steal this election. What do you do when both sides are 100%

> convinced they’re right?

If your dumb fuck leader had any sense, he would’ve waited to cry fraud until the elections started or when counting started at least. He’s been crying about this shit for months. Pretty obvious that he wanted to tear down our fucking democracy if he couldn’t continue raping it. If you can’t see that, then you’re fitting into the blind shitbag demographic that he’s gotten through to. Don’t put this bullshit on both nominees.

signal-2020-11-06-163904.jpg

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Lol^ thats funny.

punkrock randy /

Yes, literally laughing out loud. Thx for that👍🏼

What Stephen Keller said. Lookit, I'm grateful to Joe Biden for taking this on. Would YOU like to go in and clean up after that poor hateful soul ? Donald is to be pitied. I've never seen a more miserable person in my life.

Joe and Kamala are going to need our help and our love and support. We can help them by making kindness and decency and intelligent behavior the accepted and EXPECTED norm.

Temper tantrums are unacceptable behavior.

Ignore them and go on with your life. This morning's Washington Post ran the monolog from Stephen Colbert's show last night. Pull it up on YouTube and watch it. He actually breaks down during his monolog. What he has to say is what SHOULD be said and heard now. It's so

right on. It's so VERY right on.

Enough with the rudeness. No more ranting and raving, please. Woodstock nation, rise up and stand for peace and love and kindness toward one another, for A kinder and gentler America. This is how we help Joe and Kamala. Thank you to everyone for voting. Now let's do our part to put things right. Together. Eliot Ness and Coco Chanel are counting on us to put things right. Do it for the kitties. The farm cats are counting on us.

Ignore Mr Temper Tantrump when he tries to get attention by being obnoxious. He's just a sad, unloved rich kid who doesn't know any better. Its up to the rest of us who know how to behave to put our country right.

Now I have to go see why I had to push my bike home - a walk of shame. Sigh, I guess I'm really part of the group now for sure.

Please watch and listen to Stephen Colbert's show from last night. The Washington Post thought it was worthy, and you will too.

20200831_141316.jpg
20200831_142419.jpg

I agree, it was something I have thought would be beneficial but the states that tried to implement it failed. Maine and mass

I have heard examples where it failed, where 2 rather polar candidates were supported by half and it wound up running off to a third part supported 1st by fewer people than the major candidates, but thats kinda one of those heres a negative scenario so just don't try

Its a fun one, seems legit.

Also really the main downside I've seen is people don't want to have to do all the work of considering all the candidates, which is a fuck awful reason not to do it. Cuz people are lazy and don't care enough about voting. Woof.

Holy shit, just watched the Colbert thing, said far better than I did, I don't watch much current TV, so missed that. It is truly unbelievable how brainwashed the trump people are...a true cult. The shameful thing is he may have doomed the republican party, as I said once before, how arrogant to you have to be to offend Mitt Romney? True politicians depend on voting...trump could have carried to his landslide dreams if he was a bit less delusional, a lot less arrogant, had he shown even a shred of compassion for those in trouble in this country, but no, and this is what you get, no one likes a bully, he had the cult of personality, but no personal appeal, no honest concern for the hardworking men and women of this great country. Instead, he scoffs, as he has never done an honest days work in his life. Thinks we are stupid for having to work for ours, to serve and die for this country, (that one really burns me), we, and he would not have the amazing lifestyle we do without the sacrifice of our vets, some who willingly died for this great country. He is a self centered wanna be demagogue, who is reaping what he has sown. We are all better than this, and when he is gone, I think we can go back to a bit more civil way of conducting politics. (edited)

I am pretty sure that Donald trump couldn't do the laundry, and Biden could. Just an intersection consideration, but probably true. And sure its pretty irrelevant but illustrative how disconnected trump likely is from real people. Like honestly I don't believe he could do his own laundry

Agreed.

> Seth B Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Seth B Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > I just hope, whatever the outcome, that there can be faith in our

>

> >

>

> > > elections, and that integrity can be restored. Because as things

>

> >

>

> > > currently stand, both sides are equally convinced that the other

> side

>

> > is

>

> >

>

> > > trying to steal this election. What do you do when both sides are

> 100%

>

> >

>

> > > convinced they’re right?

>

> >

>

> > I think once trump is removed from the picture, either this term or

>

> > next, things will return to a bit more of a normal, he is the only one

>

> > really griping about voter fraud, Biden has called for patience and to

>

> > see that all votes are counted, and has admitted that he would concede

>

> > if he lost. No one person or party is more important than the process,

>

> > and people who have been in government for a while know this. trump

> has

>

> > finally come up against something he can't control with his

> money/force

>

> > of will and he can't comprehend it. Makes me happy inside. :) But,

> much

>

> > as I despise that man, if he wins via the system, I will accept it, as

>

> > that is the way things work here.

>

> Looks like the system will likely be SCOTUS.

I think Trump has the juice to take it there, but not a solid case, so he will lose, you catch more flies with honey than hate, maybe he will learn something from this?

It’s going to be interesting over the next few weeks. That’s for sure.

I wonder who the electors will elect in December.

A little relief if you’re feeling pissed right now.

0D197154-C417-4292-A943-C4E80F0A0B35.jpeg

^ weak

You're right WillD. He couldn't do laundry. He's never been inside a grocery store in his life. He doesn't even know people like us exist. Nor does he want to. Nor does he care. I bet Joe has been inside a grocery store a few times. I bet Barack has been inside plenty of grocery stores. If someone has never done laundry or been inside of a grocery store, there's no way they can help make your life better. How could they if they don’t have a clue what your life is ?

Has anyone else ever noticed he can barely read ? When he reads prepared statements, he has to follow the words with his finger, and he sounds like he's reading a language he doesn’t understand. He doesn't speak in coherent sentences. There's a problem of some kind there, which could be another reason for the insecurity and development of the vicious behavior. If I insult and belittle and attack you, maybe you won't notice that I can't read. He's a very sad case. Just a pathetic, empty guy who can't read or do laundry. Gosh - I guess anyone CAN grow up to be president

I was 100% expecting trump to win already. I sure as hell diddnt vote for him. But I have left the Seattle area before, it really seems like as soon as you get 100 miles from the coast the entire country is trumpland.

I know that's a generalization.

I wasn't surprised at all when he won in 16. But I'm really surprised at this one. It looks like biden may have it.

Whatever, my buddies telling me that the lizard people are pulling the strings.

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> Waiting for Nevada to stop fucking around.

IMG-20201106-WA0020.jpg

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

How is it possible? Trump seems to think it’s because of voter fraud. Without all this voter fraud everywhere, Biden would be way way out ahead. Lol ;)

Sorry, is it too soon for voter fraud jokes?

they're under LA

thats the real reason the subway system never took off there back in the day

the govt signed a treaty with them and the us govt has had a subterranean base that co-operates with the lizard people and grey aliens up until a decade ago when there was a firefight and we lost a dozen or so men and jesus christ i gotta stop falling asleep while watching ancient aliens

signal-2020-11-06-070901.jpg

All that photo does is makes me wish I kept all my old crt monitors....still have my sony bvm and commodore monitor for that sweet sweet RGB tho.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account