Anybody ever....

Look thru your old posts on here. I just did a deep dive and can't believe some of the crap I've said...dum

Also means at 31, I have a really wierd documentation of 17 years of my life. The nostalgia, the fucking love I felt somtimes..realizing I was at bd7.....spartafoxilover. man it's been a strange long run.lol

Re: Anybody ever....

Yeah. I could imagine.

I was in a religious cult when I first joined.

I remember slinging creationist pseudoscience at the OT and getting schooled by Pavel.

I have to allow that MA helped to deliver me from the grasp of that brainwashed BS. Most of the credit goes to the church though. If they hadn’t allowed so many bat-shit crazy guest performers in, I could have stayed comfortable there.

But yeah, this place has been saving babies for a long time and I fully support it.

Re: Anybody ever....

It makes me sad, I used to be funny

Re: Anybody ever....

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

It’s ok will. I enjoy your brand of seriousness.

Re: Anybody ever....

Hey Will - your picture with your Grandfather's 28lb "Gooooood cat" will always be priceless. I'm here to say "Thank you" for helping me yesterday to figure out that my crusty looking condenser was finally bad. I was delving into some old posts about plug fouling in about a minute and why it died when it warmed up, etc, and you said the condenser was shot. ( I suspected as much - just from the way it looks, not from any kind of deep understanding about what it does. ) So Thank You, Will. You're still funny, man. It's just that your audience has become more sophisticated. Embrace it.

Re: Anybody ever....

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It’s ok will. I enjoy your brand of maturity.

Re: Anybody ever....

Overpriced Parts /

I posted in 09 on MA just to sell spare parts then I after I saw everybody was so stupid on timing jetting/tuning, gearing, kits, exhaust, heads clutches/clutch tuning etc.

I just had to open my mouth like a dummy,

I should’ve just let everybody blow their stuff up as I ate popcorn watching the carnage,

I would Have been better off, had a lot less emails and personal messages about Kits, pipes, jetting, carbs, best pipe, best carburetor, best clutch, best gearing, best Bike, blah blah blah bla!

So many people want instant information and they aren't any happier when they get it,

I’m so happy I grew up without this phone in face crap, the few of word of mouth friends that are still alive are 100 times better this Internet, smart/dumb phone crap

Re: Anybody ever....

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I posted in 09 on MA just to sell spare parts then I after I saw

> everybody was so stupid on timing jetting/tuning, gearing, kits,

> exhaust, heads clutches/clutch tuning etc.

>

> I just had to open my mouth like a dummy,

>

> I should’ve just let everybody blow their stuff up as I ate popcorn

> watching the carnage,

>

> I would Have been better off, had a lot less emails and personal

> l messages about Kits, pipes, jetting, carbs, best pipe, best

> carburetor, best clutch, best gearing, best Bike, blah blah blah bla!

>

> So many people want instant information and they aren't any happier when

> they get it,

>

> I’m so happy I grew up without this phone in face crap, the few of word

> of mouth friends that are still alive are 100 times better this

> Internet, smart/dumb phone crap

You did the right thing. Ive learned a lot from what you have shared. Not everyone is willing to share experience or "secrets". Those tend to be the real assholes. Thanks again Ken for what you have contributed to the site. To me it is a family of resource and support for the one thing we all love. I love to troll in off topic but when I see something I can assist with from experience or knowledge in gen. or repair, then I do my best to contribute. I still need to come see you my friend.

Re: Anybody ever....

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Overpriced Parts Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I posted in 09 on MA just to sell spare parts then I after I saw

>

> > everybody was so stupid on timing jetting/tuning, gearing, kits,

>

> > exhaust, heads clutches/clutch tuning etc.

>

> >

>

> > I just had to open my mouth like a dummy,

>

> >

>

> > I should’ve just let everybody blow their stuff up as I ate popcorn

>

> > watching the carnage,

>

> >

>

> > I would Have been better off, had a lot less emails and personal

>

> > l messages about Kits, pipes, jetting, carbs, best pipe, best

>

> > carburetor, best clutch, best gearing, best Bike, blah blah blah bla!

>

> >

>

> > So many people want instant information and they aren't any happier

> when

>

> > they get it,

>

> >

>

> > I’m so happy I grew up without this phone in face crap, the few of

> word

>

> > of mouth friends that are still alive are 100 times better this

>

> > Internet, smart/dumb phone crap

>

> You did the right thing. Ive learned a lot from what you have shared.

> Not everyone is willing to share experience or "secrets". Those tend to

> be the real assholes. Thanks again Ken for what you have contributed to

> the site. To me it is a family of resource and support for the one thing

> we all love. I love to troll in off topic but when I see something I can

> assist with from experience or knowledge in gen. or repair, then I do my

> best to contribute. I still need to come see you my friend.

X2

Re: Anybody ever....

I messaged Ken 7-8 years ago about kits, exhausts and jetting for my Puch! He was super helpful. I have seen over the years he has become less accepting of peoples newbness and sometimes comes across as a "get off my lawn" type of guy. But then if you realise that it wasn't just me measaging him and more people asking the exact same, I get why.

Re: Anybody ever....

We need more dead dog and 1977 mopeds hate threads again

Re: Anybody ever....

daan SJAARLOOS /

SPARTAFOXILOVER! those threads were great fun.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account