It's over

...let's see how this goes.

Edit-my bad steven diddnt see your post. (edited)

Re: It's over

Not your bad at all, we should all rejoice in the fact that decency is an American value, and that propaganda can not keep that down, we should all be proud of this day, the day we the people once again said no to a tyrant, this time a domestic one. America fucking rocks! :) I have no hate for the republican party, but there is no vessel large enough to contain my loathing of Donald Trump.

Truth told, I'm embarrassed to say I'm from Ohio. Particularly from the Rust Belt. How anyone from here who works for a living , on welfare, or scraping to get by; would support him is unbelievable! But I'm glad the silent majority of the country held tight and we took back Democracy. Time for the healing to begin , and defeat the pandemic!

The decent majority have spoken, and I for one 'am thrilled! trump was a cancer on our nation, and decency voted him out. I could not be happier! Hey trump... You are fired!

I'm actually looking at moving to ohio. My partying days are over, I'm think imma save up $20000 over the next few years and find a shitty house that's at least 1/2 a mile from the closest neighbor. I've seen alotta reasonable houses that fit my need for peace and quiet there.

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm actually looking at moving to ohio. My partying days are over, I'm

> think imma save up $20000 over the next few years and find a shitty

> house that's at least 1/2 a mile from the closest neighbor. I've seen

> alotta reasonable houses that fit my need for peace and quiet there.

You can take a $20K down payment for “shitty but quiet places” to much more interesting locations than Ohio.

It is my home state and has produced some fine moments in history. Maybe it still has something to give? But nowadays its about as exciting as a walk through WalMart.

What’s driving the decision that direction, if tou don’t mind me asking?

Interesting isn't on my list of needs at all papa. Honestly leaning that way because the zeros are out there and I'm not talking about down payments. I'm talking about purchasing a shitty house for $20000.

Am I dead set? Hell no. If I took my theoretical money to Arkansas or indiana I could get a pretty nice one bedroom home. There's alot of other places too!

Truthfully I'm just fed up with being priced out of my home town of 30 years. I live an hour ferry ride away from Seattle and Bremerton is just blowing up and simultaneously losing employers. I lacked confidence after hs, I diddnt think I could afford a home here then! Back in 07 when I coulda had a really nice place for $30k. Last year that same house went for $150k no remodel, just 12 years older. I want out.

I'm certainly happy for the people that did buy back then tho.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

the left is busted. trust the plan.

punkrock randy /

No Trump, No KKK, no facist USA!!!!!

No Trump, No KKK, no facist USA!!!!!

> Les B. Wrote:

> Truth told, I'm embarrassed to say I'm from Ohio. Particularly from the

> Rust Belt. How anyone from here who works for a living , on welfare, or

> scraping to get by; would support him is unbelievable! But I'm glad the

> silent majority of the country held tight and we took back Democracy.

> Time for the healing to begin , and defeat the pandemic!

If biden was for hard working americans then why would he make statements before he is even in office to lower the stock markets value? I'm hoping to someday retire from my investments.

Screenshot_20201118-140514.png

Someone might have given rich people enormous tax cuts that hurt most Americans. The stock market is only a gauge for how well rich people are doing in destroying the lives of the working class.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> kenny s Wrote:

> If biden was for hard working americans then why would he make

> statements before he is even in office to lower the stock markets value?

> I'm hoping to someday retire from my investments.

Statements don't lower the value of the market in any discernable way. Trump boosted the economy for those with money, meanwhile the rest of us twist in the wind.

I don't have any investments. But if I can lose a little off the profits so that everyone in my community can be better off, than I would choose that 10/10 times.

I agree. The stock market is generally manipulated by the wealthy to the disadvantage of the weak.

Money, like energy, cannot be created out of nothing.

Stock profits are someone else’s losses. Not just because some sucker bought high and sold low. But, businesses have an incentive to cut corners, lower wages and benifits, discontinue pensions and declare bankruptcy. Always working to drive their stock value as high as possible.

The rich and poweful play these games and walk away with more money.

The middle class is gambling that they will be riding the wave before they cash out for CD’s and secure savings accounts.

I play the game too. Because it is hard to avoid in any job. I wish the place I worked cared about my future and invested in me. Instead of stockholders. Crazy idea huh?

> kenny s Wrote:

> > Les B. Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Truth told, I'm embarrassed to say I'm from Ohio. Particularly from

> the

>

> > Rust Belt. How anyone from here who works for a living , on welfare,

> or

>

> > scraping to get by; would support him is unbelievable! But I'm glad

> the

>

> > silent majority of the country held tight and we took back Democracy.

>

> > Time for the healing to begin , and defeat the pandemic!

>

> If biden was for hard working americans then why would he make

> statements before he is even in office to lower the stock markets value?

> I'm hoping to someday retire from my investments.

48% of Americans have not a single cent in the stock market, but beyond that, the stock market is not the economy. The current capital gains tax rate is a travesty— people who make money just by having money should not pay a lower effective tax rate than people that sell their labor, like I assume you probably do.

Also, side note, if your retirement is all tied up in mutual funds, you should really diversify. I hope that you are one day able to retire. (edited)

> Also, side note, if your retirement is all tied up in mutual funds, you

> should really diversify. I hope that you are one day able to retire.

---

True but I went through 5 years of college for business with the promise of a hundred thousand dollar grant at graduation and it was taken away by graduation. I learned how to run a business but the tax rates are way too high to even attempt it. My only chance of getting my time and moneys worth out of college is having my investments rise. Liberals have some good ideas too but what if the top 10 richest americans moved to europe? Our economy is crashing as it is. Plus who wants to spend our last tax dollars on bussing children in other states? We all know 90% of the proceeds will go towards raises for teachers and they are already overpaid by 50k a year in my town.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account