Anyone use a Pellet Boiler?

Wife and I need to replace Heating system in house we’re buying and with State rebates we’re looking heavily into a Pellet Boiler.

Anyone have experience with them and want to chime in?

Re: Anyone use a Pellet Boiler?

I’ve never had one but a family friend has a wood boiler and it heats their house I guess you kinda have to tend to it more often than an oil burner but I don’t think it requires as much maintenance since you kinda deal with it more regularly .

I've been looking into a new wood cookstove for heat and hot water.

Honestly had no idea the were still a thing....but man, hundreds of years of development have gone into them. The newer models will heat, make hot water, and cook for. 1800sqft home on an incredibly small amount of wood.

As for a pellet boiler, I'm not exactly sure. Probably much better for a larger home. But I'm seriously thinking a wood cookstove is in my future...

I have been drinking. Maybe a post isn’t best right now...

Buuuut,

I love wood burners. I love any kind of sustainable energy.

Live somewhere that you can manage your own privately owned wood stand? It should be a no brainer. It is amazing heat and good exercise. As far as pellets go, I feel like it uses a large amount of biomass from mills and other production that would be underutilized otherwise.

So yeah, go for it. Try it and fall in love with it.

I always wanted to make a gas generator that used waste heat to heat a home. Seems like we miss too many opportunities by using off-the-shelf solitions for heating, cooking, power production. It can be combined if you are creative.

can’t keep making sense. But, I think y’all can get me.

No experience with a boiler, however, my big Whitfield bay window freestand has been in place for 21 years. When heating with wood, fuel quality is the biggest concern, pellets are no different. Nothing will work well with crap fuel, just like nothing can heat well with a poor draft.

With a good install and good fuel, you will be happy, IMHO.

With the state providing a 40% rebate on parts and install costs we should be able to make it work. All depends on when they can get the system in and how much space they will need of our basement. I don't want to give it all up as I need space for all my mopeds and tools, etc.

Maybe space for a basement fridge/freezer and some pantry storage would be nice to keep as well.

Aaron. You could also check into finding a co-op of pellet fuel owners. A fellow employee I worked with , got into one . They have their own drop bin which cut down on fuel cost .

> Les B. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Aaron. You could also check into finding a co-op of pellet fuel owners.

> A fellow employee I worked with , got into one . They have their own

> drop bin which cut down on fuel cost .

Not a bad idea, I'll have to look into that.

First quote I got for a MEsys AutoPellet system came to 29k before the 10k state rebate, so in the end it will be around 19k for us to go with that system (includes new valves, circulators, DHW tank etc.

Based on my calculations the savings pellet fuel provides over Propane will have the entire system paid off after 15 years. Over the next 10 years of its lifespan we will save another 15-17k. Just working on convincing the wife that the long play is the way to go.

Still waiting on quotes for a couple other Pellet Boiler systems, Froling and Pellergy (Windhagen).

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

My liquid waste motor oil pellet stove is still kicking ass.

E191CB3E-2193-44FB-821B-DBE3001FF318.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account