Free gift from the universe

I got this 1992 golf for free. Rescued from the junkyard because it couldn’t pass safety inspection. It had a nice aftermarket stereo installed and it has bluetooth ability.

The golf only had 2, 4” speakers in the front. I put some junkyard speakers in the rear deck of the hatchback and they never worked. Figured the stereo had bad amps or something.

Well, while I was in Africa, I had the battery out and on a maintainer. Put it back and never tried to listen to anything until today. My life has been majorly meh since returning. Today I wanted to listen to something on the drive home from work. BT wouldn’t connect. Kept saying the device was full or some BS like that.

I was about to give up. Switched it to digital audio and went to the best station I have found here in Germany BOB1 on the digital tuner. This song came on, Doctor Doctor, by UFO. A song which my ears were virgin to.

As I instinctively turned up a kick-ass tune on the radio, expecting to overdrive my 4” speakers, I noticed a full sound coming from the rear of the car. Sure nuff, those trash 6” Audi junk yard gems were growling This UFO ecstasy with all their heart.

I cranked it. It hurt my ears, but soothed my soul. Not wanting to miss out on possibly only time the speakers ever work again.

Here it is for those of you that also need something awesome today:

Re: Free gift from the universe

Let's hope those speakers keep working!

No surprise to hear UFO in Germany, their guitar player is Michael Schenker (from the Scorpions) so they were huge in Germany.

I've seen the Michael Schenker Group live a few times and the crowds were usually 50% German.

What evil this has blessed my ears on this day.

Listening to more albums, I think the vocals of Phil Mogg sounds a lot like Frijid Pink’s Tom Beaudry.

I can’t understand how I have always loved classic rock and metal but never heard UFO before. Such a strange feeling to “find” something new this late in life.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Gob rethought ..m

I thought you meant the great comet Charlie Brown...

April 2021 a comet 5x's the size of Jupiter gonna take a spin through the 8bberal paths if the inner planuts.

Dunno why it's NOT a major news story. ....

♣Slew Foot♣ /

To clarify 5 times the mass 10x the volume due to tail.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Brilliant and omnipotent...

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

punkrock randy /

I want to cruise a mk2 golf😕. Perfect era between light and more basic and cozy fancyshit. Mk3 got much more luxurious, if u can call it that. Which reminds me that i need to sell a set of super nice mk2 gti wheels with tires. Like super nice that 3 of 4 wheels were new in box about 1000 miles ago. Tyres that new too.

Hmmmmmm , I wonder how those MK2 GTI wheels would look on my dark blue MK2 Diesel Jetta ?????????? Just dreamin.

I love me some UFO.

I actually remember seeing this first-run (with the volume down in my bedroom, as I was supposed to be an asleep 11 year old).

I think Michael Schenker was 20 at the time.

Here's Schenker playing with his brother's band at age 17:

(edited)

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I want to cruise a mk2 golf😕. Perfect era between light and more basic

> and cozy fancyshit. Mk3 got much more luxurious, if u can call it that.

> Which reminds me that i need to sell a set of super nice mk2 gti wheels

> with tires. Like super nice that 3 of 4 wheels were new in box about

> 1000 miles ago. Tyres that new too.

What version of mk2 gti wheels? Snowflake, teardrop, bbs? I used to be a mega vw wheel whore. I had deep dish 13" enkei, bbs, panasports, like three sets of mint snowflakes, different basket weave style wheels.

There's a dude that drives his golf cart around the neighborhood here. It's lifted and seems to go pretty quick, it's funny.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account