Blaine changes a fuel filter

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

2003 F-350 5.4L

Check engine light on

P0171 Lean bank 1

P0174 Lean bank 2

Data stream showed both banks going lean at higher RPMs. Short and long term trims screaming for more fuel (25%+) at 3000rpm. MAF looked clean.

Replaced fuel filter.

Data stream then showed short term pulling the long term back with its negative numbers.

212,000 miles on a NON-returnless system and it was driven in.

Huge filter love you long time. Suck it old fux.

10F9B09C-21F2-4CEB-95A4-314114864A89.jpeg
C65B350E-6E89-4D41-B951-8AF6672BCC65.jpeg
3CE51353-3912-48F6-ACA9-1517116679AF.jpeg

Re: Blaine changes a fuel filter

Shoulda done an autopsy with pics so we could all marvel at the interior condition.

Already planned on it. When i get a few spare minutes.

But, but, but DoNoHiO said it should be changed more often. Don is smarter than the engineers and knows everything.

P.s. thanks for the factual information with pics Blaine. (edited)

F6FC9277-D542-45DA-9E7C-7BB8B1002012.jpeg

Ok you finally changed a fuel filter...i am proud of you.you're hired back

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok you finally changed a fuel filter...i am proud of you.you're hired

> back

Blaine will NOT be working for you nor will you be smart enough to work for him. Get over it candy ass. (edited)

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Ok you finally changed a fuel filter...i am proud of you.you're hired

>

> > back

>

> Blaine will NOT be working for you nor will you be smart enough to work

> for him. Get over it candy ass.

Blaine has a mind of his own..he doesn't need you.to speak for him

Pops.... You’re fired.

Haha. ...guess i had that coming..

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Haha. ...guess i had that coming..

You need that knife of yours shoved up your ass side ways candy ass. Give me an address and I'll gladly oblige. (edited)

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Ok you finally changed a fuel filter...i am proud of you.you're

> hired

>

> >

>

> > > back

>

> >

>

> > Blaine will NOT be working for you nor will you be smart enough to

> work

>

> > for him. Get over it candy ass.

>

> Blaine has a mind of his own..he doesn't need you.to speak for him

Tell me something I dont already know candy ass. You have NO mind. You have a house trailer.

Can two start a separate post to trash talk each other and keep it confined to that thread only, instead of shitting in every thread of OT?

FFS

Be glad to not have any of it in any thread Blaine but he seems to.enjoy keeping it going...i try to leave it alone and he just has to keep pushing buttons until.he flares it back up....i know people get tired of it so i am done again and will try again not to respond,,sorry

LMFAO!

I'm SO proud of the parts thrower! He actually showed the condition of a filter that should've been replaced at a regular interval.

LOL!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> I'm SO proud of the parts thrower! He actually showed the condition of a

> filter that should've been replaced at a regular interval.

>

> LOL!

You are a hypocrite (burn in hell). Blaine did diagnostics (with pictures) before he changed anything. He knew for sure ahead of time the filter was bad before he replaced any parts. You are the parts changer. You throw parts at something whether or not they are needed. Please stfu.

punkrock randy /

Don loves Aerostars, so of course he throws parts at problems like crazy.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> I'm SO proud of the parts thrower! He actually showed the condition of a

> filter that should've been replaced at a regular interval.

>

> LOL!

Because everyone wants you to be proud of them....get over yourself man, he does this for a living, takes time to help others with questions, all you do (as usual) is bash people who don't do what you think they should. YOU and your outdated belief system are NOT the center of the known universe, things have changed, from the demographics of this country to filter life, times have changed, and you have refused to.

I love aerostars. it's one of the very few redeeming qualities of ol don

If you don't(didn't} like Aerostars, you're a very poor judge of automobiles.

I've owned three in the last 27 yrs. or so. All were great and needed very litte maintenance, ESPECIALLY since I changed oil and fiter and the fuel filters when you were supposed to.

I had a glass fuel filter. I don't know why it existed, but you could see in it I guess to know when it was clogged. anyway that fucker shattered one day, I managed to splice the 2 pieces of fuel line together with the tube from a bic pen and drive home. moped fixes on cars.

I do often consider how different other people's experience with their cars is. like people who goto a shop to change their oil etc. I think having to work on your car winds up being endearing - to an extent. Too much obviously bad, but working on it gives you a familiarity and camaraderie with the vehicle, you come to rely on each other

I bought an 87 Aerostar 3.0L around 1999-2000. Paid $300. It didn’t run for shit. He put 6 new injectors in it. After some diag, i put 3 junkyard injectors in it and it ran great for about a week. Then it was back to running like shit. 2 more injectors were clogged. I dropped the tank and found dark brown goo in the bottom of the tank. Molasses? Coca-cola? Not sure what it was, but he failed to mention that part. I guess somebody didn’t like him.

Cleaned the tank out replaced the pump and filter, and boiled the injectors in water and blasted through them with compressed air. Ran great until i sold it years later for $800. Several trips to Montreal.

3.0L was a good motor but lacked power with a full load of kids and gear on a trip through the mountains of upstate new york. They rarely had oil or coolant leaks, unlike a crust covered pig 3.8L. I always hated working on a 3.8L.

It had a limited slip 8.8 rear which made driving in the snow possible with it. It would be scratching sideways up a hill but kept moving never the less. The two tone paint schemes were always hideous, but it still beat the shit out of driving a fucking dodge caravan.

punkrock randy /

Hey now, the two tone paint jobs were one of their only redeeming qualities!! And rwd of course 💁🏼‍♂️

Their AOD trannys sucked bad, watched my dad have a couple replaced in the decade or so that he insisted on owning them. (edited)

The AWD ones were pretty slick, but they rusted worse than the Caravans or Astro vans in MN anyway, have not seen an Areostar on the road in yrs, I don't hate the Caravans, used to, but I own one now, it is thrashed, but still runs very well, trans is meh, shifts hard, but does not slip, one shock tower rusted in front, still drivable, but can't replace the struts anymore....having gone through it, i have to say it is built way better than I thought, I really hate chrysler...but got to give it to them on this one, the FWD made them top sellers in this climate, and they did offer a awd one, but are super rare. The sliding doors on both sides is a good thing as well. I would buy another, they make great storage sheds, and they are cheap, especially when po has removed and lost the rear seats! :) I'd take a Previa over all of these vans though...just for the fact it's a Toyota, and the oddball looks!

punkrock randy /

AWD supercharged Previa would be the shizznit! And those fwd mopar minivans do last forever. Corrosion aside.

The 3.8 ? You're not talking about an Aerostar there,Blaine. They had a 2.3 I-L and 2.8 I-L 4, a 3.0, a 4.0. Correct me if my manual is wrong.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> The 3.8 ? You're not talking about an Aerostar there,Blaine. They had a

> 2.3 I-L and 2.8 I-L 4, a 3.0, a 4.0. Correct me if my manual is wrong.

Shouldn't you be with Linda right about now? Or did she go visit a "friend"?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account