having trouble with U ship ?

so i won a 1 piece hardtop for my '93 samurai on ebay! it's in Texas, im in maryland. i have a buddy in TX that was 30 mins from the hardtop, he went and picked it up for me. so i have some time now to arrange it. it's about 150lbs and 72"x54"x34". so a little big and bulky. im having trouble putting it out on U ship. any other shipping sites you all would recommend ?

Re: having trouble with U ship ?

cool score! no I dunno, back maybe 10 years ago you could use craigslist rideshare but nobody is doing that anymore and the rideboard apps and stuff all died. I used those a ton to get to college or whatever, you could carpool anywhere easily. it was great and you could also get people to deliver stuff for cheap as hell, but it's dead, I dunno what killed it, I know people were scared of getting kidnapped and shit but it never actually happened, and of course now nobody is going anywhere or sharing any space

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> cool score! no I dunno, back maybe 10 years ago you could use craigslist

> rideshare but nobody is doing that anymore and the rideboard apps and

> stuff all died. I used those a ton to get to college or whatever, you

> could carpool anywhere easily. it was great and you could also get

> people to deliver stuff for cheap as hell, but it's dead, I dunno what

> killed it, I know people were scared of getting kidnapped and shit but

> it never actually happened, and of course now nobody is going anywhere

> or sharing any space

Shit new startup idea, lots of angel investors in Columbus. Maybe I could swing it, be like the new Uber but not pieces of shit

yea, my boss actually w came up with a homeshare/couch surfing app that got bought by air B&B for $10M

rideshare should work like long distance rideshares, like "hey i'm already going here wanna split gas?"

or like... "Hey' if youre coming from Columbus to get a bike in Cleveland, could you pick up these geo tracker parts?"

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> or like... "Hey' if youre coming from Columbus to get a bike in

> Cleveland, could you pick up these geo tracker parts?"

Lol exactly I do shit like that all the time, it'd be very convenient to do with every roadtrip I take if I could pay my gas money just haulin some junk

Sigh, if only. So no other apps or websites yall know of to ship this thing ?

I mean, fedex will ship giant stuff

Mark Younggren /

I have someone bringing couple bikes from Michigan to Dallas I contracted on Uship. I could reach out to them and see if they want a shipment to take back on there way back to Wisconsin unless they have a load already. Where in Texas?

Baltimore is certainly not on the way to Wisconsin from Texas lol

its just west of san antonio. i have several U ship quotes from $800 - $1400 lol

they're $1300 SHIPPED new. I did get a quote for $375 from road runner and $400 from YSC (or YCS?), i think im going to go with them

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account