Re: Helix or CM 400/750A?

^lol :)

Wasn't Prince's bike a CM400?

punkrock randy /

Currently trying to convince my lady that I need this for xmas. It’s not working :-/ It’d be my Trail 90 introduction, so cool.

8092CF1E-A3B1-48CC-A6AD-177BA4CB9730.jpeg

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wasn't Prince's bike a CM400?

CM400A! Haha of course it was. Prince would only be riding the sexiest bike known to mankind. LOL

I vote helix hands down, commuted one over 100 miles daily to sf. I had a 1986 kenwood edition that had the radio, so much fun! Thing cruised at 80mph all day and split lanes like a champ! Very comfy and seats 3 people if needed! Also has a trunk you can fit 10 hot n ready’s in, I’ve done it! Miss my helix so much, pretty much a limo in the scooter world. Also the best bike I’ve commuted on hands down and I own a bunch of motos. There’s a reason they made em for so long, because they are the best scooter ever!

Cool, a menage a trois on a Helix. Helix +1

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> Currently trying to convince my lady that I need this for xmas. It’s not

> working :-/ It’d be my Trail 90 introduction, so cool.

Of course you need it, tell her I said so.... ;D

> Jackerz ! Wrote:

> I vote helix hands down, commuted one over 100 miles daily to sf. I had

> a 1986 kenwood edition that had the radio, so much fun! Thing cruised at

> 80mph all day and split lanes like a champ! Very comfy and seats 3

> people if needed! Also has a trunk you can fit 10 hot n ready’s in, I’ve

> done it! Miss my helix so much, pretty much a limo in the scooter world.

> Also the best bike I’ve commuted on hands down and I own a bunch of

> motos. There’s a reason they made em for so long, because they are the

> best scooter ever!

This is the kind of thing I keep hearing about them, prob the route I will go, did you find it to be stable?

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > Jackerz ! Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I vote helix hands down, commuted one over 100 miles daily to sf. I

> had

>

> > a 1986 kenwood edition that had the radio, so much fun! Thing cruised

> at

>

> > 80mph all day and split lanes like a champ! Very comfy and seats 3

>

> > people if needed! Also has a trunk you can fit 10 hot n ready’s in,

> I’ve

>

> > done it! Miss my helix so much, pretty much a limo in the scooter

> world.

>

> > Also the best bike I’ve commuted on hands down and I own a bunch of

>

> > motos. There’s a reason they made em for so long, because they are the

>

> > best scooter ever!

>

> This is the kind of thing I keep hearing about them, prob the route I

> will go, did you find it to be stable?

Every time I rode it I felt like Aladdin on a magic carpet.

punkrock randy /

Helix for the win!!!

who remembers this guy?

E9AA2CEF-FAF6-4783-AECE-956233E15095.jpeg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Dont buy a scooter... i knew a Chick back in the 80's that drove a scooter... sometime later she was being chased by robots that traveled back in time to kill her unborn child. Rumor has it she ended up in a mental institution, her son grew up to be a junky, and the robot became governor of California. The moral of the story is, that not shifting motorcycles will turn the freaking frogs gay.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> who remembers this guy?

🎵LETS MAC TONIIIIGGHT🎵

Really scared the shit outta me as a child...that and the moving patches of light from car headlights shining thru the blinds into my bedroom at night...

Ohh, and the closing credits music from the show taxi.....hearing that sad jazz music on the backdrop of ny city cars driving in the 70's gave me a sense of uselessness and melancholia that I've felt since the age of three. I remember it vividly...shortly after I learned that everybody dies....

Wow that brought back some EARLY memories

Here you go Stephen. Found you a naked helix, lol

Screenshot_20201223-161300_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mad Max Helix! :) It is interesting to see what's under the plastic, I have wanted one of these for quite a while, but yet to see one in person, seen videos, seen one on the highway, but never up close.

> Jackerz ! Wrote:

> I vote helix hands down, commuted one over 100 miles daily to sf. I had

> a 1986 kenwood edition that had the radio, so much fun! Thing cruised at

> 80mph all day and split lanes like a champ! Very comfy and seats 3

> people if needed! Also has a trunk you can fit 10 hot n ready’s in, I’ve

> done it! Miss my helix so much, pretty much a limo in the scooter world.

> Also the best bike I’ve commuted on hands down and I own a bunch of

> motos. There’s a reason they made em for so long, because they are the

> best scooter ever!

Can carry 10 "Hot and ready's"....that's it, I'm SOLD! ;) At my age, pizza and riding are about it for me anymore...lol @ me. :0)

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Here’s a great deal for a clean helix.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/430696851442967/

1A545400-4A6D-4244-956E-5ADAA87F709C.png

(edited)

^ That is a steal, never seen a yellow one before, kind of like that, from a looks and safety standpoint, cool batman sticker too! Too bad it is so far away!

I had both a CM400, and a CM400A (I bought the latter right after my motorcycle accident, since my left foot had been crushed).

The CM400 was a great bike, as was the CM400A.

I sold the CM400A as soon as i could shift again.

Helix.

> Seth B Wrote:

> An automatic motorcycle is almost as dumb as an automatic semi.

I trained on a ten-speed, and searched high and low for a flatbed starter company worth a shit that runs manuals. I wound up taking a job with a decent starter company that unfortunately runs autos. I gotta say that I’m getting used to it, and they are nice. Given my druthers, I’d still pick a manual truck any day, but today I don’t have the choice, and it’s actually sweet to have an auto in a traffic jam, or in tight city driving—until the trans air runs low at the absolute worst time. (edited)

Yeah, in town flatbed would be nice with an auto. I learned on a 13 speed back in the 80’s. I only drove an auto once, a long time ago. I like shifting, and I gotta have the control of the torque. I do get the need for them, especially today with so many new, inexperienced drivers. I can’t drive anymore, unfortunately. Vision is too bad, & only have one eye left. But my wife got her CDL a year ago, right before COVID. She trained on 10 & 13 speeds, with a little 18 speed driving. She lucked out and got a great govt driving gig, a month out of school. She refused the first couple offers.Drives brand new KW 10 speed semi pulling 53’ singles. Home every night, all local, Union, hourly & benefits.

> Seth B Wrote:

> Yeah, in town flatbed would be nice with an auto. I learned on a 13

> speed back in the 80’s. I only drove an auto once, a long time ago. I

> like shifting, and I gotta have the control of the torque. I do get the

> need for them, especially today with so many new, inexperienced drivers.

> I can’t drive anymore, unfortunately. Vision is too bad, & only have one

> eye left. But my wife got her CDL a year ago, right before COVID. She

> trained on 10 & 13 speeds, with a little 18 speed driving. She lucked

> out and got a great govt driving gig, a month out of school. She refused

> the first couple offers.Drives brand new KW 10 speed semi pulling 53’

> singles. Home every night, all local, Union, hourly & benefits.

Good for your wife for getting a sweet gig. Flatbedding is hard work, and I'm not a young man. I am however used to physical work, so I like it. I'm going to do it for a year, get the experience, leave on good terms and (hopefully) with a safe record, and very possibly haul fuel locally. I am eying Pilot as a possible future job. They pay hourly, and all the Pilot drivers I talk to on the road seem to love both the job and the company.

Job I just left had a few wheelers. Two were old international shifters and I'm not a licensed cdl guy but I had a hard time with them. I'm not a big wheeler guy but I'm pretty sure there was something wrong with the trans as it was hard to find gear. Something about a break that slows the trans to shift? Not a big rig mech? I have driven old fords with 2 speed rear ends and some other ford air brake digger derick trucks with fairly simple trans. They recently got a mack from down south with push button auto trans and man it is strange. We mostly haul snow in the winter so I'm sure the driver is pretty pumped to not have to shift. Only have to drive through a small town with lots of lights and never getting over 25. Probably pretty nice.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> who remembers this guy?

I remember the logo/face, but did not remember what it was for until it was pointed out by Aaron, advertising really gets in one's head...

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> Currently trying to convince my lady that I need this for xmas. It’s not

> working :-/ It’d be my Trail 90 introduction, so cool.

I would ride the shit out of that, as a toy, be very wary of a partner that tries to tell you what kind of vehicles you can have, unless it is taking money from the household, it is none of her/his concern.

> Norris Hall Wrote:

> Come on man just do it. How could you not want another one if you have

> already had a taste., haha

^ Great pic, mine was just like that, but with the blue 2 tone, that seat was amazing, fit me and my gf at the time to a tee! One up though, it got blown about on the highway by semi's, at the time I did not care, but today, idk, Helix is lower, also helpful for getting on and off, I like a step through, foot pedal brake is no issue, real motorcycles all have a foot rear brake. You have all the good toy's Hall! ;) I've had a lot of them too, and I think Helix is my next present to myself! ( you can put pizza in the trunk) ;) Getting old sux, but I want to ride as long and as comfortably as I can, will always keep at least one moped, and prob always find a summer project to resurrect and sell...

Consider myself a Honda guy but hadn't any experience with the Helix. There are alot of Ruckus's around but I would own one of the Helix's over a Ruckus any day. They do look like a perfect all around Scoot. Merry Christmas to all by the way. I am quarantining because of the big "C" related issues. Think my Christmas present to myself is to go down to the shop and do Mopeds for the rest of the day. Hope y'all enjoy it. We're getting dumped on today so its a perfect shop day! (edited)

I still reach for the damn foot brake every time I ride a moped. Especially on a noped.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account