Foo Fighter Fans......

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Just stop already. They have no talent, the annoyingly repetitive lyrics are nauseating, and they’re not Nirvana 2.0

They suck.

The title of their latest release ironically confirms it. I call in every day and request that they NOT play it.

Re: Foo Fighter Fans......

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Im not a big Foo Fighters fan, nor do i care for the new song but Dave Grohl is a pretty talented guy. They made some decent music in the past so i dont hate. There is much worse out there. Heres a fun video of theirs...

I really really really hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers. You can chuck GodSmack in there as well.

The Foo Fighters aren't my cup of tea, but there are like a million bands more deserving of your hatred.

Noone has ever said they were Nirvana 2.0, they just happen to be fronted by the most talented guy from Nirvana.

Why are you listening to them if you hate them so much? I can't remember the last time i heard one of their songs.

Yeah not a fan also. The first album had a few good tunes on it. Have never realy listened since. Dave Grohl is the man though

punkrock randy /

First album was awesome, that was long ago. Newest radio song sucks my balls.

They're the Eagles of the modern era.

That's not a dig either, personally they're "meh" but a lot of people like them and Grohl (despite bugging me for some reason I still can't figure out) seems to be a genuinely good dude so whatever.

punkrock randy /

Decent guy if you’re not making music with him is what i here. Otherwise he’s likely better than you and he’ll play all the instruments on the album recording.

He stuck to drumming on one of the best albums ever made, so Dave's alright with me.

Aside from their first album, which was very good...meh.

That said, I don’t “hate” them. I’m indifferent to them.

One should not be indifferent to music. I actually think it’s better to despise a band than to not care about them one way or another.

My take on the Foo Fighters is that for the most part, they sound like an antiseptic version of Nirvana 30 years too late. (edited)

they used to be a fun, silly punk surfer band then met Rick Rubin. from then on they took themselves WAY too seriously.

A band made up of genuinely good dudes from past genuinely good bands. It's puzzling why this band is so wack.

Nirvana's subpop and earlier releases are indisputably excellent, even some of the stuff off in utero was good. Really not all that different than fugazi quicksand or other post hardcore bands of the period

Brotherhood was a staple of Seattle youth crew hardcore

Sunny Day's Diary is also a really influential album in the early 90s emo

I loved going to see bands like quicksand and fugazi in the late 90's. We had a very large hardcore boom in the 90's here. Good times.

Foo Fighters bi-polar song formula gets old.

Johnny Brapp /

> - rwc - Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Foo Fighters bi-polar song formula gets old.

Well said

Poo Biters

There is a pretty funny podcast called 'your favorite band sucks' ... It actually kinda sucks, it's just two music nerds whining about how they don't like a band.. BUT they usually tell you like 10 less popular bands that are better than the radio band but never got famous, so I've listened to a few, I think they do Nirvana, but I haven't listened to it. The mastodon one was really good and turned me on to a couple really awesome bands like pelican.

Yeah I dunno what it is about foo fighters, queens of the stone age, both of them kinda have that boring flat metal sound.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account