Re: My Stimulus is being STOLEN

punkrock randy /

Damn, and I thought my Passat dash looked like a Christmas tree😳

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Enough with all the speculation. Can we have the list of PCM codes please, categorized by current and pending?

I will see what I can do tomorrow. I forget sometimes that a few of you actually know how to work on cars and that info is valuable as well.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Wix is good, Toyota stock filters rock super hard, AC for GM and

>

> > Motorcraft for Fords. Mahle (I think that's how that's spelled) are

> good

>

> > as well.

>

> Mahle, that’s what I meant to spell, lol. 🤦🏼‍♂️Mostly been Mann lately

> but they ain’t cheap.

Ha, I thought I spelled it wrong....(I usually do) :)

> Johnny Braaapp Wrote:

> This threads two months old and your only “solution” is utilizing a

> magnetic drain plug.... LMFAO

Not everyone lives in their mom's basement with unlimited free time, wait until you get and run a life of your own before ripping on someone else's. Read less-STFU.

Johnny Braaapp /

You guys r mad it takes 2 months of keyboarding to get this far... fucking clowns

I live in a van, down by the river. Get it right (edited)

A0A0D27A-A619-4280-BFA0-8C09A3D67BD7.gif

Trying to follow through with what I say I’ll do.

I had two codes.

The temp one may be my VCMuzzler.

The crank position sensor is in the oil pan. I don’t know if it was damaged by heat or maybe metal contamination is possible? It is cheap and easy to replace. Explains the extra cranking when starting and the erratic rpm during steady throttle position.

I still have VTM-4 and VSA fault lights. I am hoping the stability and all wheel drive just need crank speed info to work and that’s the only lingering issue. Those systems were perfectly fine before the mishap.

F16FA8A2-5589-4109-BE95-69C033E0B208.jpeg
FE484699-E4DF-42FD-A4EA-60114DECC538.jpeg

punkrock randy /

Shit, you bought the $11 generic scanner?! There’s your problem.😂

Nah, the $11 scanner only gives you the code number with no definition.

If the coolant level is full, it looks like it needs a thermostat too.

All of the warning lights will most likely be gone once the repairs are made and the codes are cleared.

punkrock randy /

Not making fun, well, kinda. Just says that on the display and that’s funny to me🤪

I had to drive it back and forth from the auto hobby shop on base. When the engine/oil is fully warmed up, the oil is thin enough that the destroyed oil pump can barely keep good pressure.

So, at idle, the oil pressure light comes on with hot oil.

I really shouldn’t even trust this thing to move around. But, I got to try to get it shipped back.

Crank position sensor will be here on Monday. Swapping oil for a heavy weight. Mostly to quiet down the pump and see if the inspectors don’t complain.

If I get all the lights to go out, I’ll let ya know.

Have it towed to shipping point?

Wish that was an option. They will not ship it for me unless it is in safe operating condition and able to move around the shipping lot under it’s own power.

It also cannot have a fragment of a leaf in an air filter, a grain of local sand in the carpet, or a child’s finger smudge on a window.

These vehicle shipping people are nasty to us military folks. I think they do it on purpose to encourage less people choosing to ship their cars when they move. I’ve been upside down on it since I bought it. So, I am stuck moving it around the country and world with me. 😒

P0XXX codes are “generic” codes shared by all manufacturers.

P1XXX, P2XXX, etc. are vehicle “specific” codes and apply to the vehicle specifically and may or maybe not be common to other models from the same manufacture, and may or may not mean the same thing as a different manufacturer. (edited)

punkrock randy /

👍🏼 nice, appreciate the code info. I like my old crap that has nowhere to throw a code. Except my passat, which is one code throwin bastard. 332K miles tho so I don’t yell at it too much anymore. Probably about deaf anyhow.

If rattling and banging too.bad put a heavier weight oil ,add a quart.or so of 90 weigjt gear oil if you have to since your main purpose is to run a short distance..i have bought vehicles at auctions running almost straight gear oil...

I'm shocked you didn't suggest saw dust^^

Has been done in the old days for transmissions and differentials when some people wanted to keep them quiet long enough to get them sold...i have seen lots of tricks in my days ...

^ Oil soaked leather strap on the rockers trick....seen the sawdust in the diff too, not for yrs though, today you pull the check engine bulb....lol.

Sometimes if an old car has a little blow by and a little smoke you can pull the plugs and squirt vinagar in the cylinders ,,spin the motor a few times and vinagar and repeat a few times to deglaze the cylinders and reseat the rings..won't work every time but does work in some cases

yeah you should get that back stateside, swap an engine from a pick n pull and then sell her. pay a little more for a clean older car, 2000 ish and earlier. they last, new stuff isnt built to last anymore - besides toyota's it seems.

GL

^Agree 100%!

Fixed. Crank position sensor was shot. New one extinguished all the dash lights. I put new coils in for good measure (since I was getting misfires before).

There is still some ticking coming from the engine when warm. She’s all wallered out in there. But the thing runs and drives the same as before. Gonna make it back to the States.

FA46B563-79EE-4AD4-A4CD-38F93AEE79AF.jpeg

Well done for keeping on it!

punkrock randy /

Nicely 👌🏼 . Thx for posting the fix, i hate being left hanging in suspense permanently.

Awesome news!

> Johnny Braaapp Wrote:

> You guys r mad it takes 2 months of keyboarding to get this far...

> fucking clowns

>

> I live in a van, down by the river. Get it right

Ok basement dweller^^

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account