Welp I'm getting the vaccine

Being an in home caregiver I diddnt think I was eligible yet but I got the paperwork today. It'll be sometime this week. Get a call and go.

Super sad because my first emotional reaction was guilt. I take care of my mother SHE needs it first...she has a terminal illness but she needs to die from that not this shit..

Well if I get side effects or whatever I'll let everyone here know.

Re: Welp I'm getting the vaccine

punkrock randy /

Nice, good for you for getting it. They’ve been developing it for years now, so it’s not as new as some assume it is. My lady has been good with her first dose, nothing weird whatsoever 👍🏼 Been a few weeks now. We’ll see how the second goes.

Good for you, I was wondering how you will know it is "your turn", I will be far down on the list, which is fine, but have been curious as to how I would be notified about it.

You can have mine, Stephen. I’m good without it.

I'm not really clamoring for it, and will admit to some misgivings about it, there are many, many more people who need it far more than I do, was just interested in the mechanics of the distribution.

You are getting it, as you are her carer, nothing to feel guilty about. You are the one probably going in and out to get groceries and stuff, so it means you won't be bringing anything untoward back home.

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You are getting it, as you are her carer, nothing to feel guilty about.

> You are the one probably going in and out to get groceries and stuff, so

> it means you won't be bringing anything untoward back home.

Not to argue but to make a point..the shot is to keep you from getting it but won't stop you from spreding it

Yeah pops no information yet on whether vaccinated persons can spread it. From what I understand of the vaccine keeps viral load below a certain threshold you can't transmit. But there's nothing to say that because I don't get symptoms I can't spread it. Yet

I got another email today that my county will be starting mass vaccination soon (before Feb) and they need people to help. Might end up doing that after momma gets the shot. Well after her second anyway.

I'm gonna sleep for weeks after I get my second...living with my alcoholic sister and mom during this it's been pure luck we haven't gotten it. I'm ready to relax.

One good thing that came out of this is the realization that after 10 years of caregiving it might be time to leave...I'm almost 32 with a career that basically means nothing, no chance to ever actually support a family doing this. Times a bitch...I haven't done shit for myself in like 8 years. I gotta start my life get a better job and a wife or husband and adopt a bunch of baybuhs.(I can't have kids, carry a genetic mutation, wouldn't end well)

Think I might jump ship later this year

punkrock randy /

Pops nor the other deniers here understand viral load unfortunately. But it seems to make all the difference 👍🏼

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> Pops nor the other deniers here understand viral load unfortunately. But

> it seems to make all the difference 👍🏼

I haven't denied anythng dipshit... i just stated that for the purpose of people that get vaccinated was said to be able to spead it ...my opinion is to use the same precautions as before you were vacinated to possibly help NOT to spread it IF it is possible to spread that way...

Aaron i thought when the covid first started you posted you had it at that time...might have been someone else but i thought it was you

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Not to argue but to make a point..the shot is to keep you from getting

> it but won't stop you from spreding it

this is not actually known, there just isn't enough data because test are ongoing. You are obviously less likely to spread it if you never become symptomatic as the viral load you shed is significantly less.

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------...I'm almost 32 with a

> career that basically means nothing, no chance to ever actually support

> a family doing this. Times a bitch...I haven't done shit for myself in

> like 8 years. I gotta start my life get a better job and a wife or

> husband and adopt a bunch of baybuhs.(I can't have kids, carry a genetic

> mutation, wouldn't end well)

>

> Think I might jump ship later this year

I was stuck in a dead end rut. Got the crazy idea to join the Air Force at 33 years old.

The “new” Air Force is a world different than what you might think.

It is an instant step up from a $45K/year civilian job. Free education which your leadership almost forces you to get.

And now there’s a Space Force.

An honest recruiter that can help you get into a good career is a must. Some jobs will stick you with idiots (cough cough chick killed in terrorist attack in DC). My job is full of pretty cool people.

Military ain’t for everyone. Someone that can get burned out at fast food probably wont do well. But, healthcare worker... this would be a vaction for you.

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Not to argue but to make a point..the shot is to keep you from getting

>

> > it but won't stop you from spreding it

>

> this is not actually known, there just isn't enough data because test

> are ongoing. You are obviously less likely to spread it if you never

> become symptomatic as the viral load you shed is significantly less.

My point is it is unsure.if it can spread this way so use common sence and still.use the same precautions as before to.possibly not infect.anyone

Pops, I did have a positive antibody test back then but I really doubt it's validity. It was wayyy early on and yeah. None of us have really had anything close to covid symptoms.

I'd it possible? Yes, I coulda had it. And if I did, we all did....But my doctor was telling me about those early tests efficacy and yeah....

I mean alot of people have no symptoms so who knows! certainly wasn't able to stop worrying about momma.lol

Papa, I thought the cutoff was 30? What's the deal?

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> Papa, I thought the cutoff was 30? What's the deal?

Dude, I think it is like 38-39 now. You can be all sorts of messed up and have debt and kids. They need people to do the jobs.

Not many people want to join the military these days and even less meet the requirements.

So, they started changing the rules and waivering all sorts of stuff that once kept you out.

You still can’t have a serious criminal record and you have to pass the PT in Basic Training. Which for a 30+ male is pretty easy. I think the hardest part for most people is 1.5 mile in 11:57.

Air Force is much more like a government contract job than what people generally think of the “military”.

Air Force education and training is accredited. So, I got done with tech school and only needed 3 college classes (took free CLEPs) for an Associate degree.

ALSO

The entire MILITARY is desperate for nurses. They will pay for your schooling and, unless I’m crazy, you can commission as an officer and be getting paid as a Lt. while getting a degree.

Never met a nurse that liked their job as a civilian or mil. Might as well get a good pay check, free house, free benefits, guaranteed pension, etc.

I am not a recruiter. But I have zero regrets about making this choice.

Look into it. Talk to some people in your area. DO NOT TALK TO A RECRUITER!!

I had an amazing recruiter. He was honest and hard working. That is not the stories I hear from many people.

The Air Force allows you to pick the job you want and sign a contract. Period. Most recruiters will pretend that they only have certain jobs available and want you to sign an open enlistment contract. If the job you want isn’t available, you can enter the delayed enlistment program and wait for it.

That program is somewhat cumbersome if you have a life. There are mandatory aspects to it. PT, events, meetings. It can be fun if you make it fun. I was in DEP for 6 months to get my job.

Oh yeah, I had hearing damage before joining. Oddly (depressingly) that kept me out of the job I wanted in a machine shop. But allowed me to get a job maintaining electronics.

Old people don’t hear as well.

If you are interested in any of this stuff, feel free to PM me.

Wow. I might look into this. I'm a fat fuck now but I could totally do that in six months if I put my mind and ass to it.i did like seven minute miles in hs I could get back there

Huh. Imma think about this. I always wanted to join the navy but this could be promising.

No...way....I would join in healthcare. Nuh uhhh. Nooooooo. But electronics it my dream career. Analog circuitry has been my hobby for years now. Tube radios, amps, shortwave, ham

Might on pn to talk about it

Overpriced Parts /

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> Wow. I might look into this. I'm a fat fuck now but I could totally do

> that in six months if I put my mind and ass to it.i did like seven

> minute miles in hs I could get back there

>

> Huh. Imma think about this. I always wanted to join the navy but this

> could be promising.

>

> No...way....I would join in healthcare. Nuh uhhh. Nooooooo. But

> electronics it my dream career. Analog circuitry has been my hobby for

> years now. Tube radios, amps, shortwave, ham

>

> Might on pn to talk about it

Get into the trades, join a trade union, go through the apprenticeship program,

Good pay, earn as you learn, healthcare pension/benefits, Union Electricians pay more than the carpenters/Floor layers (which I am) and they rule the job site, can’t do nothing without electricity

I provided for my wife and three kids, lived in good neighborhoods/school districts, good health care, Cars in the driveway, bikes, boat, toys to play with,

Though it pays a few bucks less then regular voltage electricians (Pays about the same as me/carpenter) The electricians have a low voltage Class for phone, TT computer, alarms, Surveillance, intercom’s, music/Theater Systems etc. analog, tube powered phonograph and stereo/sound systems are coming back too so low voltage I think would be good for you

From what I understand there is high demand for workers, at least there was in my area before this virus

I have to agree with the union electrician on a few more points.

The military is great “training” on paper. Most of us are certified but nowhere near the professional experience or ability as the real professionals.

You get 4 years of working in the military and then you HAVE to promote and become a supervisor/manager. I’m blue collar. Even as I get older, I would rather be working than telling someone else what to do.

I think there is a hybrid career path possible too. Using the Military for some training and also getting that boost in hiring for being a former service member.

My job is a good stepping stone for working for the FAA. I maintain everything here. I would like to work on only ILS someday. That is about the most analog system we have now. Radios are all AM. We tune the filters and thats about it. You need to know HOW to work on analog stuff to inspect and trouble shoot. But, when things break, we just replace it.

If I didn’t already have a wife and three kids, I might have gone the union welder route. The military was actually the easier, most sure thing. Plus, I had always wanted to join but couldn’t when I was younger.

Overpriced Parts /

> Papa _ Wrote:

> I have to agree with the union electrician on a few more points.

>

> The military is great “training” on paper. Most of us are certified but

> nowhere near the professional experience or ability as the real

> professionals.

>

> You get 4 years of working in the military and then you HAVE to promote

> and become a supervisor/manager. I’m blue collar. Even as I get older, I

> would rather be working than telling someone else what to do.

>

> I think there is a hybrid career path possible too. Using the Military

> for some training and also getting that boost in hiring for being a

> former service member.

>

> My job is a good stepping stone for working for the FAA. I maintain

> everything here. I would like to work on only ILS someday. That is about

> the most analog system we have now. Radios are all AM. We tune the

> filters and thats about it. You need to know HOW to work on analog stuff

> to inspect and trouble shoot. But, when things break, we just replace

> it.

>

> If I didn’t already have a wife and three kids, I might have gone the

> union welder route. The military was actually the easier, most sure

> thing. Plus, I had always wanted to join but couldn’t when I was

> younger.

We have helmets to hardhats program

https://www.ikorcc.com/helmets-to-hardhats-ikorcc-help-vets-find-careers/

Just found out that my wife is gonna be group 1a now because she works with special needs kids.

I can't imagine being stupid enough to not get it, reminds me of those idiots that let their kids die of preventable diseases because God told them to. I caught whooping cough a few years ago from an antivax asshole. I have more respect for drunk drivers than antivaxxers, you might kill a couple people drunk driving but if you don't get vaccinated you're killing potentially hundreds, killing the economy, killing businesses, fucking over your country.

If 80+% of people don't get it, this virus will never go away and it will keep mutating and getting worse new strains. We have had thousands of years to evolve immunity to flu and still loose people to it every year.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I have more respect for drunk drivers than antivaxxers, you might kill a couple people drunk driving but if you don't get vaccinated you're killing potentially hundreds, killing the economy, killing businesses, fucking over your country.

My wife is a nurse and she is very pro vaccine... we both got flu shots this year. However she has serious reserves over getting this vaccine due to inadequate testing... this country has a long history of recalled medications and side effects so I believe she has the right to be concerned about it without being called a murderer. It was pushed out in record time which likely indicates short cuts being made.

But dont worry, her work is likely going to mandate all employees take the vaccine to maintain employment once its fully available anyway.

I don't fully understand the science behind the mRNA technology but it makes sense to me that it would be very safe the way it has been explained. I am friends with a lot of nurses from college who have been posting some pretty good info on Facebook, just like any profession they are specialized and some understand the technical aspects better than others.

I am not a software engineer or an airplane engineer so if you asked me if it's safe to fly on a 737 max I'm not sure what I would tell you, but if the alternative was flying on 9-11-01 and you might be one of the 3500 ppl dead every day.... Id say get on the max!

punkrock randy /

They’ve been researching this vaccine for years though. It’s not as new as COVID-19. My nurse lady just got her 2nd shot, only a bit of muscle aches and headache for <24hrs. Feeling 100% now. Though the really long term effects have yet to be seen. Still, what do you do? Fuct up times my dudes.

I want one, but I have no idea what the fuck NC is doing.

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> I want one, but I have no idea what the fuck NC is doing.

Thank the chump for that.

Well I got it two hours ago. The needle goes DEEP,so DEEP it'll put ya to sleep......seriously tho got some minor aches already. Mostly anxiety at this point tho no big deal. I can tell my arms gonna hurt tomorrow.

^Shit....I saw someone getting it on TV and almost passed out, (I have a terrible phobia about needles) biggest pussy EVER about that, although the last shot I got I could not even feel it, but I could not look at it, and the needle was much shorter....I'ts going to be all I can to to get this shot, I wonder why they don't make it oral? Like the Polio one? Was on a sugar cube, THAT'S the way to vaccinate! I'm glad you got it, taking care of others who are not well is noble if underpaid, and WTF is up with that anyway? I don't buy into organized religion, but you are building up some serious good Karma, but that does not pay the bills. All my best to you, I hope the side effects are not too bad.

Lol Stephen, I understand. To be clear I diddnt feel the needle, at all! I just made the mistake of looking. It wasn't a huge needle, just odd to watch. Creeped me out

Side affects are damn near gone already! It was pretty scary for a minute there but about 3 hours after the shot I was getting better. I'd imagine that for normaler people, ie, somebody without an anxiety disorder would have zero issues. I made it thru the half hour danger zone no problem. But started feeling...foggy? I guess? Then got like pinprick pain all over my upper back, then in the shoulder. Got home ate some tacos and layed down. Tacos fix everything right?

Got some mild chills down my spine and stomach cramping. Like abdominal wall cramping not muh guts. Fell asleep for three hours and woke up dandy! Really odd feeling tho.

Told my mom about it and she did it sounded like a flu shot. Ive never had a flu shot so I diddnt know...looked it up and a seasonal flu vaccine has EXACTLY the same list of symptoms as the moderna vaccine.

I fucking wept in that waiting room afterwards. After this year I kinda just let all that stress out. A group of old ladies talked me down. Good people. How often Do you see a 6ft2 300lb dude that looks like a 1910's weightlifter weep like a baby.lol had to be a sight

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account