Re: Less than 29 hours to go...

No propaganda when common knowledge is jobs are being lost that will cause massive job loss and oil.prices are going to be on the rise...you just have to open your eyes

When the world becomes less dependent on oil the price will eventually drop, were it not for the fact that oil prices have nothing to do with the production and availability of oil.

The energy transition is creating millions of jobs, you are only shooting yourself in the foot if you continue to work in the dying oil industry.

Bas there again you need to stay out of the big boy convos...go play with your goats......you can't just stop businesses and hope people can survive until changs take place even if it is going to a diffetent direction for future use....

To have a much needed change in fossil fuel consumption, some people might be temporarily be out of work. Boo hoo.

Oil is a thing of the past, so people working in that industry should learn to adjust.

Bas stop eating the M&M's it really is showing in your stupidity....we don't need more people out of work at this time..the economy is bad as it is...

punkrock randy /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> When the world becomes less dependent on oil the price will eventually

> drop, were it not for the fact that oil prices have nothing to do with

> the production and availability of oil.

>

> The energy transition is creating millions of jobs, you are only

> shooting yourself in the foot if you continue to work in the dying oil

> industry.

Not to mention that no matter who is in office in the US, right before an election is when prices are typically low for gas for whatever reason. And then those prices inevitably go back up and new leader is always blamed by opposition party. Happens every 4 years.

Another way to look at this thing is this:

For everyone currently in the oil industry, stopping 10,000 new jobs is job security for them.

The oil ain’t going anywhere. when their fields dry up, they can take their years of experience and work the new areas.

I would have hated to be the first group during the gold rush. Seeing a lifetime of work and security just waiting for my efforts to bring it to market. Then, millions of other assholes rush in, overproduce, flood the market, lower prices and exhaust the gold in a short time.

Creating a situation where no small business can succeed. Only giant corporations that work thousands of people like slaves to glean the dwindling asset from the sand.

I want a future. That means a less prosperous present. The problem is there are too many damn people on Earth to sustainably do anything and make them all happy. Let alone rich.

Your gold problem does not commute with the oil problem .

I thought it did beautifully. 😕

Both are finite resources in high demand.

Both used to be very easy to find and abundant with little effort.

Both are now rare, if not impossible to find and access easily. We have to move mountains and use chemicals. Almost more energy goes into obtaining them than what they are worth. Only because the high demand remains do we go through all the trouble.

We don’t actually need gold. We do need energy. So, if people want to mine every ounce of gold out of the earth and sell it... meh. If people pull out all the energy and burn it up doing stupid shit, well that is gonna hurt us all.

Johnny Braaapp /

Save your keystrokes

How’s that saying go, about arguing on the internet? (edited)

Well papa stop souping up your peds to burn more gas and oil...do your part to save the universe

Dirty30 Dillon /

200-post johnny getting his ignorance on. Love it.

Johnny Braaapp /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> 200-post johnny getting his ignorance on. Love it.

Yeet!!

punkrock randy /

Papa doesn’t argue on the net, he gives a thorough and well thought out description of his views. He’d likely never respond to someone with just, “so?” He actually wants to hear the reasons you believe what you do. Unless of course you’ve never actually given much thought to what you believe, just spout whatever OAN and breitbart teach ya.

Johnny Braaapp /

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> Papa doesn’t argue on the net, he gives a thorough and well thought out

> description of his views. He’d likely never respond to someone with

> just, “so?” He actually wants to hear the reasons you believe what you

> do. Unless of course you’ve never actually given much thought to what

> you believe, just spout whatever OAN and breitbart teach ya.

Good evening, Randall.

How is you?

punkrock randy /

Not bad. Few biers deep about to eat Canadian bacon pineapple pizza on my lady’s birthday. So fuckin awesome. Yourself?

Oooops looks like Biden decided Trump was right ...he's putting the travel.ban back on Africa..i wonder if any slipped thru and brought the new virus ..Nowwww. will that be on Trump too if they did (edited)

It's not just Africa, but most of Europe as well. That other strain is already here unfortunately. trump had actually rescinded the order in his last few days. Biden reinstated it.

> Johnny Braaapp Wrote:

> > Papa _ Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Jobs lost. Yes.

>

> >

>

> > Jobs that should have never been. Yes.

>

> >

>

> > As a Nation, we have an obligation to utilize natural resources is a

>

> > responsible way.

>

> >

>

> > A president could de-regulate the logging industry and claim all

> timber

>

> > lands as eminent domain.

>

> >

>

> > That would create 100,000’s of logging, mill, pulp processing, etc

> jobs.

>

> > Cheap lumber and surpluses of toilet paper for the pandemic.

>

> >

>

> > We would export lumber and paper products. Dominate the world markets

>

> > and control prices of goods made as wood derivatives.

>

> >

>

> > 20 years of exponential growth. Lots of people getting rich.

>

> >

>

> > Then, we have no trees. No way of making more. Lose all kinds of

> animals

>

> > due to lack of habitat. Land slides and runoff messing up the land and

>

> > waterways.

>

> >

>

> > ALL the jobs and industry over-stimulated by the unrestricted

> production

>

> > go belly up and now entire cities and generations of families are left

>

> > with nothing and nowhere to go.

>

> >

>

> > I don’t think we shouldn’t continue to produce oil. I think it is

> insane

>

> > to encourage INCREASED production. Especially since we know the stuff

> is

>

> > getting harder to come by.

>

> >

>

> > Like I said, it is selfish and short-sighted to see it any other way.

LOL! Rules don't apply to THEM! HaHaHaaaaa! Bad OrangeMan gone......

Johnny Braaapp /

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> Not bad. Few biers deep about to eat Canadian bacon pineapple pizza on

> my lady’s birthday. So fuckin awesome. Yourself?

That pizza sounds good, also beers deep. Get her in the b-day suit, & enjoy ur night! 🤘[/bipolar] (edited)

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> It's not just Africa, but most of Europe as well. That other strain is

> already here unfortunately. trump had actually rescinded the order in

> his last few days. Biden reinstated it.

My bad ..i stand corrected Stephen...you are right (edited)

Johnny Braaapp /

^ Lol.

I could respond with “So?”

I have a hard time, sometimes, knowing if people are really arguing or just trolling each other for fun. I’ve mentioned that.

Since I feel like this discussion was people giving their true opinions, I fired my into the mix.

As an amatuer philosophy student, I want to find truth and get as close to correct as I can be.

So many things that are “true” are a matter of preference or opinion. Like: what’s the best pizza topping, the coolest car, funniest comedian, etc.

Even if we find a large group of other people that agree with us, it doesn’t prove we are right and everyone else is wrong.

One of the greatest things about being an American is that we are supposed to be able to have whatever opinion we want and define our own “truth” in a subjective way.

We are supposed to allow that right to each other so long as the expression of one person doesn’t impede the rights of another.

We are seeing the limits pressed to the walls on both sides. Conservatives wouldn’t be so damned conservative if Liberals weren’t so hell bent on being wrecklessly liberal and vice versa.

If we learn to put pride and ego aside, concede and find consensus, we can probably find a future where everyone can get their blood pressure down and enjoy one another’s company again.

I know from experience that I can find common ground with any one of you characters on here. A loving relationship can exist even where opinions differ.

I put my Bible down years ago, but I never put away the belief that you can love your enemies. You can look beyond the flaws that make people treat you bad and love them for the worth they have as human being.

That kind of unconditional love and acceptance can win people over (It’s what some churches used to teach before this Trump generation).

There are some people, so metally ill and broken, that they must be restrained from society. I get that. I am not silly enough to think love overcomes ALL situations. But, nobody on MA is that bad.

> -----Stephen Keller Wrote:--------------------------------------------------

> Worked didn't it? :)

3FB85E70-AA2E-4644-B74E-8DC8124F8A99.jpeg

This thread is great entertainment with all these maga tears and juvenile insults. Imagine hopping into a discussion on politics and your best comback is 'you eat doo doo'

Oh wow, I'm convinced

Biden’s executive order: 11,000 jobs eliminated simply by killing the Keystone XL pipeline, 8,000 are union jobs. This would never happen if the Democrat Party were the Democrat Party you and I think they are. Killing 8,000 union jobs would never happen. Today it happened without even a thought.

There wasn’t even a concern. Biden just did it. And, in the process, he eliminated $1.6 billion in wages.

Those keystone jobs shouldve never been there in the first place dummy.

But you being you, you probably believe the lives of Native Americans are worth less than the lives of some dumb union workers.

punkrock randy /

When is money worth more than the health and the well being of future generations? Another way to fuck over Native Americans again. Fuck Keystone XL, should’ve never happened in the first place.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

From my research, that 11,000 job figure is actually less than 2,000, and those jobs are only temporary anyway. Less than 50 to maintain it after construction. The keystone pipeline has been in operation for years, and the majority of it that comes from canada carries tar sand. The proposed XL portion would be carry approximately 40% more tar sand from alberta. Tar sand contains corrosive shit that eats pipes, which has resulted in several large spills in the past. The controversy is over the XL passing through waterways and agricultural lands. The XL was proposed years ago when oil prices spiked, but since then fracking has boomed and the need to make useable oil from tar sand isn't worth it. I know it's a big conservative talking point right now, but they never include facts on anything.

punkrock randy /

Yeah but we could build more abortion clinics and that would both create jobs and decrease the need for more jobs all at once. Double whammy.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account