Re: Them Stock Markets Though...

punkrock randy /

No, WillD’s just a decent human being instead of a dried up piece of shite (edited)

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Don't know if you people have caught on or not....will posts alot of

> bullshit..lol..lots of clip and paste to seem intelligent also

Have you ever met Will? Dude is legit one of the smartest people on this site. You have literally never posted anything informed or brought a unique, valuable perspective to any discussion that I've seen.

He's a material scientist at the largest chemical producer in the world. He sure as shit didn't copy and paste his way through his schooling and career.

I'm sure you contribute a lot to the betterment of society in bumfuck Arkansas. Shut the fuck up

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Yeah totally, because he donated that money so he could go on OT on an

> esoteric moped website's troll channel and very low-key brag about it.

>

> I broadcast all of my self-aggrandizement here as well.

That was hilarious. Well said.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Donating to a charity, then bragging about it, kinda takes all the virtue out of it. Like you did it to look good, not really for the cause. Lifting yourself, rather than those who need raised up.

Ive actually debated this in my mind a bit. I personally try not to speak about charity i do but I can understand speaking about it with the intentions of encouraging others to also follow suit. In this case, i actually believe Will to be a decent man just trying to help.

Seems like the Christian perspective is to not boast but to just do and be the light of the world.

Trump and every damn one of his cult followers bragged the FUCKING BEJESUS out of the fact that he donated his salary.

And I don’t think sharing that you made a donation is that boastful really.

I think the worst kind of pride is arrogance and certainty.

All these christians that think they are right about everything and that the rest of the world is “blind” and “ignorant”. Like God whispers only correct thoughts in their head and anything contrary to that is stupid and wrong.

If only they could be a little humble.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Trump and every damn one of his cult followers bragged the FUCKING BEJESUS out of the fact that he donated his salary.

Yup, he was just a different shade of corruption.

And I don’t think sharing that you made a donation is that boastful really.

It just depends on & how you do it. Will is on an obscure moped OT forum, not hosting a dinner to celebrate how awesome he is.

I think the worst kind of pride is arrogance and certainty.

All these christians that think they are right about everything and that the rest of the world is “blind” and “ignorant”. Like God whispers only correct thoughts in their head and anything contrary to that is stupid and wrong.

Most "Christians" dont comprehend what they read. The term Chrisitan has been tossed on many groups unworthy of the title. Ive meet Christians that dont act offensively and genuinely care and help any way they can.

If only they could be a little humble.

Yup yup. humility is a hard thing to find, i know i struggle with it still. I always had low self esteem / confidence issues yet pride still wiggles in all aspects of my life. The longer i live the longer i realize how much progress i still need to make. Im the smartest idiot i know.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Pops Peds Wrote:

I'll bounce in a vouch the WillD is legit an intelligent and well-meaning dude.

Have met him IRL, which is a lot more than can be said for the majority of the OT regulars.

Surely donating and boasting is better than not donating at all? I'm not saying Will boasted in the slightest, but so what if someone boasts about donating, they donated.

I think Will should be allowed to stay.

Seems the consensus is that Will was not boasting. I stand corrected; I’m sorry, Will. I sincerely apologize for casting judgement on your motives. Now keep helping those kids grow veggies 🍅 🌽 🌶

> Seth B Wrote:

> Donating to a charity, then bragging about it, kinda takes all the

> virtue out of it. Like you did it to look good, not really for the

> cause. Lifting yourself, rather than those who need raised up.

haha, yea my friends were giving me a hard time for it too. me and my bragging

I dont mean to brag though, rather encourage others to do so. and if people donate to charity, even if just for brags, if it does increase donations, i'm for it

> Pops Peds Wrote:

show me some examples! I have definitely copied stuff from other places I commented, facebook or news or whatever but I don't copy paste anything I havent written myself, certainly not directly. I obviously pull information from many sources, and share arguments i find compelling, but I'm not just copypasting memes or direct from opinion articles and claiming it's my original thoughts... but i'd be interested to see examples where I maybe tread close enough that you'd think that?

it is funny though my ohio moped group chat and the swoops group chat were like all about stocks, its interesting how accessible and tangible this made trading to all us regular shmoes, and at the saem time exposed just what utter bullshit the stock market really is.

And when you get into really looking at it and thinking about it, really none of it still serves the purposes of supporting new innovations and new business, that's almost exclusively done by venture capital groups. to some extent it promotes companies to pursue bigger growths and gains, but shouldnt they do that anyway?

Then you start thinking about how it enabled giant monoliths like amazon to not just exist but materialize enormous capital based on speculation and faith, to literally destroy any competition. Like in those cases its' the anti-capitalist consolidation of wealth and power and you get these unshakable monopolies. there is no room to compete, they can (and did) just rely on the stock speculation to take massive losses, undersell and squeeze out any competition, then buy them out at rock bottom, blatantly employing all the unscrupulous techniques that anti-trust laws used to protect consumers and businesses against...

Or you look at the fact that stocks have actually gone up through this massive global pandemic, enormous tolls to lives and businesses and still ongoing, yet stock market continued to rise, saved by HUGE infusions of cash by near zero interest loans and low fed lending. Like consider this past year we have failed to save lives or livelihoods, people are suffering from isolation, losing lives and family members, losing jobs and businesses, and the one thing we did manage to save was the stocks, and the super wealthy investors and firms that manage them. And some of us middle class folks eke out a modest boost to our retirements or whatever to be totally ok with ignoring the EXTREME polar distribution of wealth

yeah - so how about them stocks.

Well said Will.

I rememver having so many conversations during the Occupy Wallstreet times.

I was pissed that people were organizing to protest... by buying camping gear and utilizing tools of media to make a statement.

All of that was consuming more, making the rich richer while they ignored the issue. As always.

Now, finally, with this Gamestop action the common folk have shown an ability once again to exercise their will in a capitalist economy.

The power has always been ours. Don’t like paying $100 a month for cell service? If everyone stopped paying and refused to purchase the service again unless it was reduced to “at-cost” prices, well we would certainly pay less.

Instead of being price gouged for the maximum we can be bled for, we would pay the least amount which allows the businesses to operate on a fixed budget and pay their employees.

The only companies that would get rich by charging a premium would do so for actually producing an amazing product.

It would cripple the rich (and unfortunatley the economy) if we just stopped paying for anything but the bare essentials. Save our income and start buying again when prices come down.

Eventually, the pressure from smart consumers would create better products offered at better prices. Nobody would be working slave laborers to become billionaires because the money wouldn’t be there.

Smart consumers would only buy quality products made by well paid union workers for fair prices. Fuck the CEO and his yacht. I know plenty of people will step up to run companies for 6 figure salaries. You don’t need billion dollar incentives to get shit done or drive innovation.

THAT would make America great again.

Stock markets were never meant to be a tool to manipulate riches. When a commodity was produced in surplus, it had to be held in storage until the market demanded it. Like, a full harvest of corn wouldn’t be eaten in one week. But farmers still wanted paid and selling shares of that commodity to people that found themselves with disposable income made sense. If they bought in wholesale and held out for the demand to peak, they made money. It was hard to tie up income back in the day, so the reward for the hardship was a deserved gain.

Investing in start ups still has a similar operation. Help a good product come to market and get a share of the take when they start to turn a profit. After all, you took the chance in helping them become a business.

That’s it. That’s the only legitimate thing I see, from my understanding. All this shit going on nowadays is criminal. Anything that inflates a value to get rich and leave others holding nothing but dreams has to stop. I am glad the tables have turned for once. But, I hope the final outcome of all this is regulation that stops the gambling and games and returns the stock market to a sensible function.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Don't know if you people have caught on or not....will posts alot of

>

> > bullshit..lol..lots of clip and paste to seem intelligent also

>

> show me some examples! I have definitely copied stuff from other places

> I commented, facebook or news or whatever but I don't copy paste

> anything I havent written myself, certainly not directly. I obviously

> pull information from many sources, and share arguments i find

> compelling, but I'm not just copypasting memes or direct from opinion

> articles and claiming it's my original thoughts... but i'd be interested

> to see examples where I maybe tread close enough that you'd think that?

You're a good dude Will. It's obvious without ever having met you, well it's obvious to anyone with half a brain. You have my vote brother.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account