Re: General Motors vows to be all electric by 2035....

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I only wanted to point out how shortsighted it is to imply

> electrification is useless or wont work by pointing out things like a

> temporary diesel generator powering a charging station.

>

I agree, that would be shortsighted if someone were to do that.

I dunno, I expect the cost advantage will go the other way, pretty likely we're gonna see more taxes on fossil fuels. Once you've admitted that emissions matters, if we start charging a CO2 tax etc, decentralized combustion is gonna be the most aggressively hit, and electric the even more clear winner.

Im not saying that's the only scenario, but even with a road use or pay by mile, I don't see how EV's arent still the obviously cheaper option

Here’s your clean wind energy.

00F8D4AC-CB4D-4BD4-AE33-12B51236DB9F.jpeg

Here’s those 10 year old blades being recycled

9F5A0AEC-60AD-4FD6-92DC-01C1A4AA4917.jpeg

Like we've already established, wind energy (currently) sucks, that doesn't mean that green energy isn't the only option we have left.

Solar and hydro are probably our best bets, but both are also not viable in my country, i'm still rooting for nuclear, but loads of boomers have to die before that will finally happen.

That was for Will. Solar isn’t any better. Massive fields of black mirrors absorbing light and heat. Short life span and expensive to maintain and replace. Hydro is awesome, but you have the salmon humpers wanting to tear down the dams. Natural gas steam plants are very clean burning and efficient, but you got the pipeline haters. With modern technology, even coal can burn cleanly, and fire steam plants, but you know- it’s coal, so it’s a no-no. Can’t burn dead dinos.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account