YOU BOYS LIKE (new) MEXICOOOO!!

Cause I’m moving to New Mexico this summer.

I am so happy. I won’t even try to explain all the reasons this is perfect for me.

And

I am getting a very cool new job there. Or hot. A hot new job.

Do I have any moped friends there?

Re: YOU BOYS LIKE (new) MEXICOOOO!!

Wfff

Dry State, good for old cars... :) What are you going to do there?

Overpriced Parts /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What are you going to do there?

What he’s told ha ha,

Overpriced Parts /

> Papa _ Wrote:

> Cause I’m moving to New Mexico this summer.

>

> I am so happy. I won’t even try to explain all the reasons this is

> perfect for me.

One of the reasons, out of the EU and back into the states

I don’t 100% know what I’m gonna be doing but it looks like I am being assigned to a unit that maintains the solar observatory there.

So, radio and optical telescopes for sure. Sensors and equipment to support that stuff.

Here’s a youtube video about it:

I've been there a bunch of times for work and vacation. Liked it a lot. Just lock things up all the time, really all the time. But I do that every time I go to NYC also.

Pushrod Fifty /

I like New Mexico alot. It is my fave from my cross country trip back in 1995. I spent a week in Villanueva, a week in Santa Fe, and some more time roaming around the mountains, back roads, camping in my van. I want to return as soon as the situation improves. Seriously thinking about retiring there, Las Vegas, somewhere close to the Pecos river. I can only imagine ripping through the desert on a fuel injected bike, elevation no issue. (edited)

1612221297287-1358080823.jpg
1612221348143202664800.jpg

punkrock randy /

That’s the only place where I got to encounter the stereo typical desert highway stretches. I actually got to open up the psst pretty good, 135mph and still pulling but I didn’t trust the tires to go much beyond that as they weren’t speed rated for it. Not bad for a $700 car. And also it was hilarious to pass by Truth or Consequences before knowing about it.

There’s a group in Santa Fe. The Goat Heads.

Look them up.

Fucking hatch...green....chilli

Pork chilli verde and tortillas..mmmmm

punkrock randy /

Even crummy continental breakfast at hotels out that way had green chili. They love that shit, as do I👍🏼

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> Fucking hatch...green....chilli

>

> Pork chilli verde and tortillas..mmmmm

Hatch Chili’s are the bomb. They grow em over here in the Walla2 area, and every fall there is a big chili smoke off at one of the local supermarkets. I buy a metric shit ton of them all smoked up and ready to use. I pull the skins and seeds & make broth out of the scraps. I use the chili flesh for pork carnitas, and the chili stock in soups. Smoked hatch chilis are great on grilled cheese sandwiches too. Costco also sells jarred hatch Chili’s that are ready to use; they’re great too. I keep a couple jars in the cupboard for when I run out of the fresh ones.

Dang. All that talk is making my mouth water.

I forgot how much I love spicy food. I even used to grow my own habaneros. Germany is not a spicy food scene.

I feel like I won a lottery. Well, in a way I did.

I pm’d Terry about the Goatheads. Maybe they’ll let me hang out with them when the corona vayhrus is over.

Does Germany even have spicy food other than the Döner kebab?

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Does Germany even have spicy food other than the Döner kebab?

They have a few mustard creations that are the sort of horse raddish/mustard kind of “heat”.

Nothing with OC in it. Unless you want to count mild jalpeño peppers.

I think this is a well deserved stereotype too. I have been here for 3 years and gone to many restaurants, festivals, shopped at many grocery stores, and it is very uncommon to get anything hot.

Even the buffalo or spicy wings taste something more like teriyaki or smokey flavor. It’s not a bad flavor, but nowhere near the breathtaking, eye watering, snot flowing, hiccough inducing HOT you find basically everywhere else in the world.

I have made meals that I could barely get through. Blurry eyed, shallow breathing, roll of paper towels to blow my nose and lots of beer.

My wife wonders why I do it. I guess I like pain and spicy food isn’t a taboo way to hurt yourself.

I have gone to Mexican restaurants and been like: “Add more spice, like... as hot as you can make it.” Never been destroyed like that yet. Hopefully, getting down south, I finally find a dish that can put me in the hospital.

I've been to Germany countless times, the only part i haven't been is the Hamburg region, and apart from the döner they really don't have anything spicy in that country. I always just go for the schnitzel mit pommes, because they really aren't that good at food.

The Germans hate the French so French cuisine never really reached them and they didn't have any colonies to be influenced by.

The hottest hot sauce i have right now is from Germany though, it's from Crazy Bastard , they're quite good. (edited)

It's like going to the Indian restaurant near me and asking for "English spicy", they get the drift!

I remember when I lived up in Scotland. My In-laws (or Outlaws more like) came to visit from France. My Father-in-law asked to go to an Indian restaurant, as he had never been before. He was all cocky and asked for the spiciest curry. He nearly died after the first mouthful! It had to be sent back to the kitchen 3 times to cool it down, probably with added Jizzum!

I would eat it all or die trying. some people have no self respect.

Never had curry I couldn’t eat. And curry doesn’t hurt as bad going out like crazy hot peppers. So, its sort of only half the experience.

Nowadays, they have bred some crazy habaneros. Stuff that I probably couldn’t get down, even with my pride on the line. I do like stupid hot stuff so long as it had some flavor to go with the pain. That point is different for everyone. At some point it stops tasting like delicious food and is just a chemical taste. That’s where I may eat it as an experience, but not for food.

Haha new Mexico is sweet, been there a few times but the best was 2 years ago when my best friend got married in Taos. My wife and I left the kids at home and our rental car got mixed up so we ended up with a Subaru crosstrek which I proceeded to put though the paces off road. We rode horses in the desert with this crazy lady whose horse ran away halfway through the ride on a friggin mountain, ate a bunch of wonderful meals, hung out in Santa Fe and Albuquerque...

Such a cool state, laid back and fun. Taos area might be my favorite.

every time ive been there its rained a lot, seems i didn't get the typical weather. hot during the day, cold at night. everything is really far, like further than i'm used to and i grew up 30 minutes (at 65mph) from the nearest Walmart.

it was a memorable experience, but i dont wanna live there

Pushrod Fifty /

It's a place where you can just roam around for miles and find old abandoned Adobe's, old cars, ancient relics, good tacos.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> It's a place where you can just roam around for miles and find old

> abandoned Adobe's, old cars, ancient relics, good tacos.

My kind of place! Might have to retire down that way & wander the desert 🌵

I lived in a small town in the Sandias for a couple of years out there while I worked in ABQ, I absolutely love New Mexico. I spent a few weeks last summer camping out in Billy the Kid's old hideout out in the mountains in a canyon west of Montezuma, there's a lot of cool history and native culture is very strong here too, really cool to see.

If you're a nature person it's one of the best spots to be (the Jemez and Chama areas are some of the most beautiful places I've ever been, Taos and Angel Fire too), however if you're looking for anything with a city feel the closest metro areas are DFW, Denver or Phoenix which are a day trip away. You're pretty isolated but that's part of what I loved about it. (edited)

Pushrod Fifty /

Monteczuma looks pretty cool, the Pecos river right there, good for poling a canoe around. The housing stock doesn't look that great online, but the prices aren't bad. The taxes are real cheap, compared to the northeast.

I hate cities and love the desert. Something about the minimalism of it makes my mind feel at ease.

I just hope my family takes to it as well as I do. Every weekend is gonna be an adventure.

This overcast german sky with its constant drizzle is depressing. Never see the sun for 8 months of the year. Can’t explore anything. Unless you want to pay to park and pay to get in. Hiking trails are like dirt highways through protected land that you can’t enter, touch, certainly not camp in.

I’m done ranting about it. I see the light. New Mexico is gonna be awesome.

I'm fairly certain you can freely camp in the black forest, loads of other forests in Germany will usually charge a small fee.

I know several people that just do it without permission, because the chance of getting caught is fairly slim.

Parking fees can usually be eliminated by just parking a bit further away.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> I hate cities and love the desert. Something about the minimalism of it

> makes my mind feel at ease.

>

> I just hope my family takes to it as well as I do. Every weekend is

> gonna be an adventure.

>

> This overcast german sky with its constant drizzle is depressing. Never

> see the sun for 8 months of the year. Can’t explore anything. Unless you

> want to pay to park and pay to get in. Hiking trails are like dirt

> highways through protected land that you can’t enter, touch, certainly

> not camp in.

>

> I’m done ranting about it. I see the light. New Mexico is gonna be

> awesome.

Germany sounds like western Washington state.

Pushrod Fifty /

I camped for 5 days at Villanueva State park, it right on the Pecos river, did alot of hiking there. It was only $5 a night and you get a stone shelter with amazing views.

how much stuff do you get to take back with you

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account