Re: YOU BOYS LIKE (new) MEXICOOOO!!

New Mexico is awesome my mother lives just north of the Colorado/New Mexico border in the San Luis Valley, it's some of the best star gazing country because there are no "major" cities near except Alamogordo (which is UFO central if you didn't know). I try to go a different route through NM every time when I drive up from Texas to visit. Ruidoso is a beautiful area. Also there is a ton of BLM public lands to camp and explore for FREEE. Take a daytrip to Roswell, see all the alien stuff and eat McDonald's in a space ship.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> how much stuff do you get to take back with you

The great thing about the military... damn near everything. For a family of 5, we have an ample household goods weight limit. I can ship 1 vehicle for free and 1 recreational vehicle per family member. SO that's 1 motorcycle for me, one moped for my wife, one motorcycle for my daughter... mopeds dirtbikes it all will work out or I will take some apart and crate the stuff.

Y'all are making New Mexico sound better and better. Maybe more people will want to move there after reading this thread? I have met some people that can't stand the heat. But dry heat to me is heaven. I sit in my car with the windows up, in the middle of summe,r sometimes just because it feels good. Hell couldn't be hot enough, but I HATE being cold. Cold desert nights are still a thing, I get it, but that's gonna be nothing compared to everywhere else I have lived.

Pushrod Fifty /

Find a swimming hole to cool down in or take a ride into the mountains. It should be cool enough at night, as soon as the sun sets the temp drops like crazy.

Hey, something none of you mentioned, but I just looked up in the wiki; No registration or insurance for mopeds in NM!!!

Just fire it up and ride

Hope that is still the case

punkrock randy /

Missouri style ๐Ÿ˜Ž I love the lack of hurdles to ride on the streets. So easy on the small cycles.

I've spent some time driving through NM for my job recently. It's about 2 hours away from my home in AZ.

It's the one other state i would consider residing in if I were to move.

Pushrod Fifty /

Year round riding weather, you can't beat that

ayyyye Im also trying to move to new mexico this summer and ever since i decided i keep seeing people talking about it, im still trying to figure out how to bring the mopeds and motorcycle, maybe i shoudnt have bought a kei van that tops out at 60 and cant carry any weight.

Donโ€™t know your move budget, but I bet the van, mopeds, motorcycle, and all your other household goods would probably fit in the back of a box truck.

You could disassemble the mopeds and mail them. Maybe get a friend to ride the motorcycle and fly them home? That would be an awesome road trip if the bike is in shape for it.

punkrock randy /

> natty jackie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ayyyye Im also trying to move to new mexico this summer and ever since i

> decided i keep seeing people talking about it, im still trying to figure

> out how to bring the mopeds and motorcycle, maybe i shoudnt have bought

> a kei van that tops out at 60 and cant carry any weight.

Iโ€™ll buy your KEI van!! Lol, so damned cool๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Ž

« Go to Topics โ€” end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account