Dale walksler Nov. 30, 1952 - Feb. 3, 2021,

Tweaker trash /

Re: Dale walksler Nov. 30, 1952 - Feb. 3, 2021,

Yeah that's pretty sad, dude was a legend for sure and saved so many bikes before anyone thought they were valuable. He really was a pioneer in the vintage moto community and one of the people that really pushed leaving bikes original before it was cool, saving many of them from 'restoration'

The more amazing thing about what he did was building the whole organization around his mission. It wasn't just about one guy collecting and hoarding, it was really about conservation and creating a organization that will last for years to come with good leadership. Most collectors don't think past their own life or their personal tastes, Dale really was a true historian and conservator.

Watched him on tv and he realy did preserve mopeds. Alot of the old bikes had pedals and motors so I consider them mopeds. Seemed like a very passionate guy. A life I dream of.

This does hurt me to hear.

I took a 2 week vacation just to ride down to maggie valley and tour the wheels through time museum.

Me and a friend (the guy that got me into mopeds) rode down to camp and cruise the mountain roads. The area is known for the scenic rides and should be on everyone’s bucket list.

We heard about Dale before going and met him at the museum. He would just hang out and answer questions. He even started a bike in the museum. Filled the place with the sounds and smells that everyone in there loved.

Some people are just awesome. Not because of some wild act that draws attention. Just a really good guy. When someone that great passes, it leaves a huge painful hole in their family and community. My heartfelt condolences go out.

Tweaker trash /

I’m not going to lie hearing about how he went on a tangent for 3 hours at the town-hall about all the late night intoxicated people walking thrue the museum like zombies really shows he was interested in the educational part and want to save history.

Nothing worse then some drunk guy, talking about how he did this, or how he knows this (edited)

> Tweaker trash Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I’m not going to lie hearing about how he went on a tangent for 3 hours

> at the town-hall about all the late night intoxicated people walking

> thrue the museum like zombies really shows he was interested in the

> educational part and want to save history.

>

> Nothing worse then some drunk guy, talking about how he did this, or how

> he knows this

I'm sure a shit ton of drunk people visit this place after all the tv coverage it got. I imagine there is a entry fee and it made him rich after every enthusiast saw it on tv and was like shit "we are gonna be near there on a road trip so we should stop by".

Tweaker trash /

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Tweaker trash Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I’m not going to lie hearing about how he went on a tangent for 3

> hours

>

> > at the town-hall about all the late night intoxicated people walking

>

> > thrue the museum like zombies really shows he was interested in the

>

> > educational part and want to save history.

>

> >

>

> > Nothing worse then some drunk guy, talking about how he did this, or

> how

>

> > he knows this

>

> I'm sure a shit ton of drunk people visit this place after all the tv

> coverage it got. I imagine there is a entry fee and it made him rich

> after every enthusiast saw it on tv and was like shit "we are gonna be

> near there on a road trip so we should stop by".

There was a bar going up next-door or trying to reestablish and the zoning board got involved & dale when on his tangent how he had problems in the past.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account