Re: What does everyone else collect besides mopeds?

Here is the next batch of pictures....

Here is the AMPS or International Hobbies line. There are a lot of different models of this line but these are all I have. Beautiful scale version and gas powered under the cowling. One even has an after market electric starter.

P1010007.JPG

K&B Line with the OS and Super Tiger engines. These are still available and there are a lot more models of the K&B line but the ones I have are the oldest or first year models.

P1010006.JPG

Here are the most modern of the Outboards made. I am not impressed with these but they add to the collection. As a side note there are also some rare inboard engines and inboard drive systems from the 50s in this picture.

I hope you have enjoyed the pictures.

P1010011.JPG

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Very cool collection mark. 30+ yrs ago, a friend of mine was in awe over my 1940’s Ohlsson .60 spark ignition engine that i picked up for $10 at a flea market when i was a kid in the 70’s.

I used to build and fly a lot of free-flight model airplanes when i was a kid. I always built free-flight designs from the 30’s and 40’s just because I thought they looked so much cooler than modern designs.

About a year ago he texts me a picture of his first Ohlsson. Now he’s got a few more. Lol. As well as vintage plane kits.

My Ohlsson. I gave him the serial number and he was able to identify it as a 1947 model.

770A217C-F827-4646-A207-681DA5AFCADC.jpeg

His little collection now.

FF5D79D9-9895-4E71-99F4-1A1D564CB78F.jpeg
3786E4FB-741E-4862-AAB1-DA382DCC8BF0.jpeg

Here’s a few of his kits.

C7405FFA-E336-4095-991F-348CECB42616.jpeg
915DFF15-F51C-4476-AB95-8B47F4422CD0.jpeg

He’s got enough to open his own vintage hobby shop. I have a Dallaire Sportster kit to put together some day. I think it has a 78” or 80” wing span, so it would be my largest build ever. I think i enjoy building them just as much or even more than flying them.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I will be saving some of those pictures.

I was in a hobby shop as a kid and saw an ignition engine and I think it was the start to what I have here. Only I moved it to my other love outboards.

An impressive collection for sure.

It’s boggles my mind what he has accumulated in just the past year. He also has dozens of fully assembled planes.

One plane i always wanted to build is the Pacemaker. The overwhelming majority of free flight planes are high wing cabin designs because of their low center of gravity. The Pacemaker is a low wing design with i good bit of dihedral built into the wing to increase stability. I just love the far forward position and balloon tires of vintage designs, which was mainly done to protect the prop on landing, but i just like the look.

95EBE4D2-D167-47A9-AD61-9C4B1D294E31.jpeg

Correction: the 1936 Dallaire is 108”. That’s right, 9ft of wing, and the Ohlsson .60 has just enough power to pull it.

EBA308F6-D217-4823-954A-D0A6A6BD7079.jpeg

punkrock randy /

My grandpa was so into those planes. Had dozens in his basement. Fuck my family for not saving at least one for me when he passed. I was the only other one on that side of the family with any mechanical inclination at all.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My grandpa was so into those planes. Had dozens in his basement. Fuck my

> family for not saving at least one for me when he passed. I was the only

> other one on that side of the family with any mechanical inclination at

> all.

Same here. My gramps had planes, boats, cars. They gave them all to the radio control club when he passed.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

> Terry Gerker Wrote:

> Anyone have die cast cars and trucks?

I have F1 cars. Ferrari 312T2, and 312 T4, Tyrrell P34, Lotus 72D, Renault RE30, and an Auto Union D-type.

All limited editions. Insane detail. Well worth the money I spent 20 years ago. Not so much nowadays, prices are insane. If I could afford more, I've lusted after..............................

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

.......................................these.....................................

https://www.ebay.com/c/1217502627

Those are NOT your typical die cast. Nice, but I think a few steps above my class.

dang that's a level of intensity i'm not ready for

Here are couple of Yorkshire work trucks.

013.JPG
019.JPG
024.JPG

Odd ball.

002.JPG

^ Super cool! Hood open?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Chris Szuba Wrote:

> guns, but they're $$$

>

> cool 2stroke bikes

>

> jdm cars. just picked up this ae86 the other day... dusty af but it's

> dumb clean

> >

If I ever won the lottery the first thing I'd do is build a manga accurate replica AE86 from Initial D, and buy a track to learn to drift on

punkrock randy /

Maybe one day i can afford some of one for wall art.

79EA360C-112F-428F-9AF7-ED6409047452.png

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^ Super cool! Hood open?

Sure does.

013.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG

Very cool! :)

Another interesting model. 1948 Tucker, Get this, engine is in rear.

001.JPG
003.JPG
010.JPG

And if I'm not mistaken the center headlamp turned with the front wheels, maybe not in the model though?

That was a good movie about the tucker. Its basically the same story as the delorean. Cool ideas but poorly executed.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

But no Dr rockso...

I collect heads. They're getting harder and harder to come by these days. It used to be where you could just be that you could go into the jungle and take a motherfucker out with a nicely-shaped skull during wartime, but I'm older, and retired from the life now.

hedz.jpg

(edited)

> Les B. Wrote:

> Mold, spores and fungus....

Haha, love the GB Venkman reference.

I collected debt for a while,...got smart and started thinning stuff out. WWII reenacting made me wanna collect old guns, got rid of duplicates, the ones I have I enjoy now but need to clear out the parts kits.

Jeeps were a thing for a while. Keeping my 42 GPW Jeep, sold my 43, 44 and 1995 YJ is up for sale.

As of now my goal is to restore the non-runners I have, I guess small Hondas are something I collect. One 66 CM91, 66 S90, 65 CT200, 81 C70 and a 72 CB350.

I guess kids count, does four count as a collection? Lol.

punkrock randy /

Well, if you decide the S90 isn’t cool enough to restore I could come get it someday. I love my CL70, hope to score a CL90 one day, so rare and expensive tho.

991FFD15-BD2D-4208-AA1E-EEBE6DBF58DA.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account