Honda CT 125

2021-Honda-Trail-125-First-Look-Adventure-boondocker-motorcycle-8-768x768.jpg

I know it's not a moped ,but......thoughts?

Re: Honda CT 125

Looks like fun.

Backroads and trails would be great.

I find 125s to be just a teeny bit anemic for all around riding. Depends on where you live/ if you can afford a small bike and a street bike.

It looks like something a person would have at a vacation home for grocery getting or getting to the lake with a cooler and fishing gear.

Kinda like a moped for someone that doesn’t want to fuss with 2 stroke anymore.

I think I want one. The reliability of a honda the size of a moped. 112mpg. Would make a great little "explorer"

Edit, just read some review that said 112mpg but then looking at more info,

honda claims a much higher 158.

> Jared Rut Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Edit, just read some review that said 112mpg but then looking at more

> info,

>

> honda claims a much higher 158.

That sounds right. The 230L dual sport did 109+mpg and that was a “highway” capable bike.

They are making that again? I bet it's big $ but if as good as the original probably worth it, what trans is in it?

Want one. Been looking for one. Nowhere has anyone cause tons of other people want one

Ok googled this, got the Honda page, but no top speed listed, but the price is just under 4k, quite the deal.....ok reading more, possibly a 65 mph? This could be the first brand new vehicle I ever buy! (edited)

65 stock doesn’t seem right.

The groms are 125cc and max out around 55.

I got caught in a headwind on a very slight incline and couldn’t get above 40.

Fun, yes. Practical for everyday, no.

Unless you rarely need to go above 50mph for very long?

Yeah, reading further seeing it is closer to 50, but maybe gearing could be changed, but I don't really do much highway driving...it's just so cool... :)

It’s a nice Honda bike. You only live once.

If you want it, get it. if it doesn’t suit you in a year or so, you can probably sell it for exactly what it’s worth.

Hondas are good like that.

punkrock randy /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> This could be the first brand new vehicle I ever buy!

This is exactly what I was thinking when I wanted to obtain the new Monkey. But i held out since the CL70 is back on it’s feet😚

The groms, monkeys, ct125 and c125 are getting motor redesigns if I'm not mistaken so 65 doesn't seem unreasonable. Especially considering I can do 63 comfortably cruising on my 1975 CB125

Guess I will have to wait until I can see one irl.

punkrock randy /

Apparently they have the power, just need sprocket changeout from what I’ve read. Which I’d also like to do to CL, unless I haul my lady on the back, then stock is perfect.👌🏼

Still have my childhood bike 67 ct90. I was envious of my friends who had bw80s and kx80s, but the ct outlasted them all.

I'm also considering one of these, wish they would have kept the low range capability that the og ct's had.

A moped is a little too slow for the route I have to take to work however this would be perfect.

punkrock randy /

I’m very close to picking up this ‘72 CT90. They were definitely built to last. Haven’t owned one yet, but it was a great test ride.

39ECE32D-42C3-4AF2-8193-985C131B5D6D.jpeg

> Papa _ Wrote:

> 65 stock doesn’t seem right.

>

> The groms are 125cc and max out around 55.

>

I used to pass a guy on a grom almost every morning on my commute into work, 55 mph highway, everyone goes 70, he was doing at least 60-65 when I paced him.

I haven't actually gotten a chance to ride one but most everything I've read says 60 stock, 65 regeared.

I used to commute on texas on the highway on my TW200, 70 mph, it was fine once you get used to it, clench your butt cheeks when some asshole in a jacked up truck passes you going 90 in your lane and don't be a wuss.

This thing's awesome. Maybe not if you live in Texas or have a tiny weener, but I bet most people could do almost all the motorcycling they want with something like this.

punkrock randy /

Always wanted a TW200. Fat tyre goodness.

Pushrod Fifty /

looks like a sweet bike and the price isnt so bad. Fuel injection sure beats a carb'd bike. My CB500 purrs and regardless of the temp, it stars right up and runs smooth right from a cold startup.

For the same pricepoint, the KTM Duke 200 is about the same, that would be a blast.

Well, I said stock. People throw bigger top ends on them and modify them the same as we do mopeds.

You passed a guy. I rode one. Into the wind it wouldn’t pull above 40mph. I was on 55 mph two lane and I would have had to pull over and let cars pass.

They can be fun and fit many peoples travel needs/ wants.

I only wanted to share that, in a lot of situations, it just doesn’t have enough ass. Not to go on a Roff Rant, but not being able to keep up with traffic based on a small incline or which way the wind is blowing is not acceptable to me. Well, it is for mopeds because that’s all they got. Just not for a real motorcycle unless it is never leaving town or trails.

I didn’t want someone to rush out, test ride it on a calm day/flat ground and then feel like a dope when they are riding the shoulder of the highway because their 125cc bike can’t pull them.

I’ve experienced the small penis, “250’s are girls’ bikes”, types. That’s not where I am going with this.

Yeah interesting, I had never done much research into it but it looks like the pipe (random hwy dude in question did have a pipe) and a power commander ECU does exactly that, moves it from a 55 top speed to a 70 top speed. Most honda I've worked on adding a pipe does nothing so I assumed it was irrelevant.

I would still say almost all the motorcycling I do, I could do at 60 quite comfortable, but then again most of my mopeds do about 50 and I have them to ride when I want to putz around in town.

Honda always detunes for longevity and fuel economy. At least, that’s my theory.

And, I don’t like to tinker with their engineering too much. Especially on something brand new. The guys are smart about what lasts a long time.

We’re way off on a tangent here though. I don’t think that CT 125 is meant for highway commutes. And that’s my fault for going there.

SO, when i had my grom i hit 72 topped out on a flat road. im ~185lbs and it had a pipe and oil pump mod.

im sure this will do 55 easily. probably 60-65 tbh

$3900 is MSRP. dont be fooled though, you're OTD closer to $5200... it's bullshit and i hate it

tw200? dope. i have a fatcat, i may be selling it today actually... if not i'll be making a listing here. havent been active on here too much recently

but yeah these ct125's "hunters" are dope, for sure want one! i'd like to pay around $3k for it though....

Well , I put out feelers at two honda dealers ,and no replies yet. I figured during this COVID lockdown , I'd get a quick response. Guess I'll suit up and go look.

They gear the trails down from the grom to do better offroad, hence the 50mph stated limit, the cub's faster top speed by design but it's just gearing.

I'd love to do the dual sprocket like the real early ones. 2nd sprocket for offroad, right next to the 1st. just add a length of chain with a 2nd masterlink

Derek blackpipes here just snagged a CT90 that I love. theyre seriously dream bikes.

I always think aobut what bike i'd want if I were going to get a new(ish) bike and my tops are WR250, Zero FX and the trail125. they do all the things I want/need. I'm not touring, Im rarely on the interstate, i wanna bop thru some trails and cruise around town with my friends being a butthead.

As for the mileage, yeah theyre crazy. my old cub I remember some 200+ mile days only filling once, on a 0.8g tank. I rode to athens from atlanta and back, just under 200 miles on a gallon of gas. well, like 180, but still. it's fucking crazy. that's 1/10th the cost of driving my car and 20x more fun

Man, Will, you should just treat yo'self and go drop a couple bills on like the nicest ct90 you can find. You're a dad, you're making money, you deserve that shit.

I agree. Life is short. Youth is shorter. Bikes are reasonable.

No bikes to be found. Sold as they come in. Not expecting in the foreseeable future. What the fuck.....

^ not at all surprised by that...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account