50cc 2 stroke smokey and hot

Flynn Ferguson /

I have recently got a 50cc 2 stroke scooter and even after it has warmed up it still smokes a bit more than it should, I have the recommended oil. It seems to run fine but I dont know much. Also after a few kilometers of riding the muffler starts to become red hot. How can I fix this. Thanks

Re: 50cc 2 stroke smokey and hot

Smoking is normal on a 2 stroke, check the exhaust to see it is not clogged with carbon, but it is supposed to be hot when the engine is running.

Some smoking is normal, but if your exhaust is glowing red hot, that's bad.

Could be anything from a leaking head gasket, plugged exhaust, not enough oil in your gas...

I see no mention of make or model. If its a chinese scooter, then there's your problem. They have no clue what quality control means. (edited)

I have a friend who got a 2-stroke scooter. Some dumb old man stopped him and said his scooter was running rich and it needed "leaning out". Friend gets home, looks online, learns how to lean it out and had a lean seize later that day. Him and the old man are both stupid. A little smoke while running is normal.

If it's a 2 stroke with no smoke you got problems ..

Red hot and smoky id guess you maybe have injector? And it may be over oiling, and may have been a while. Enough its built up some gunk thats igniting and smoldering. Keep smoking when its off ever or blow out sparks?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account