And now you’re a boss, too… of this pile of rubble

Rusty Shackleford /

(edited)

Re: “And now you’re a boss, too… of this pile of rubble

Rusty Shackleford /

Re: And now you’re a boss, too… of this pile of rubble

Overpriced Parts /

Man, left of center! riding the center, splitting lanes, that’s a sure way to be a smear on the road!

Someone needs to be taught how to ride Moped safely and legally!

punkrock randy /

Perfect example of how not to ride. Glad it wouldn’t start towards the end, douchebag.

Very poor riding....it's people like this that make car drivers hate mopeds more than they already do. Riding in between cars at an intersection? Are you just fucking stupid or what? That would get a door opened in your face... Learn some lane usage skills. Another kid that learned to "drive" on a playstation...

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

The only thing I really saw wrong was crossing a double yellow on a curve. I didn't watch every second, skipped around a but but otherwise I didn't see anything out of the ordinary riding wise. "Filtering" to the front between stopped cars is pretty common, I do it sometimes but only when there is plenty of room to not accidentally bump mirrors and when I'm certain the light won't turn green before I get to the front.

punkrock randy /

I couldn’t tell where they were at, but it’s lame as fuck that lane splitting is legal in Calif. Anyone know of any other states that this is the case in?

"filtering" lmfao.... dangerous and stupid. What makes you think it's ok to just cut ahead of others? Wait your damn turn. If I saw someone doing that I would squeeze over so they could not fit through, total asshole move. If this is how people are riding I have lost a lot of sympathy for people being hit. Not that everyone rides like this, but those that do make it harder for all of us, it's like the ass clowns on bicycles who want respect on the road but give none, running reds, riding wherever etc. It's almost as though, (like with many car drivers as well) people have lost sight of the fact that you can get hurt riding/driving? The rules of the road are in place to help reduce the chances of this, pull your heads out and ride safely.

Rusty Shackleford /
1871711-271541_vlcsnap_423758.jpg

^ Keep your health ins paid up...

Great way to die and kill, Hope none of you are parents.

i have literally zero issue with the riding.

like, pumped to see riding at all, nobody makes videos anymore.

i've done way stupider shit, like jumping bikes off of medians and curbs, ive crashed into tons of dumb stuff.

really none of that seemed like excessively unecessary risk taking.

I used to hang out in worcester sometimes, my friend Ed matilainen lives there, Melissa Clark, Lauren Brunelle

I spent a year going to Mt wachussett, I lived around rindge just over the NH border

it's def kinda a dump but there was a huge thrift store we went to often

ok i rewatched and theres definitely some weak riding, not like bad ideas but a clear lack of confidence and maybe lack of awareness too, but you'll figure that out im sure tho

Rusty Shackleford /
Akira_007.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

I'm dying at the dad-ing going on.

Leave the kid alone. I've done WAY worse and WAY more congested roads.

"Wait you turn," really got me good.

Dirty30 Dillon /

This is probably the first time I'll say "this doesn't belong in OT."

Not sure why a moped thread was demoted.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Yeah, "Wait your turn" was a good one. It's ironic because there are so many car drivers out there that will cross a double yellow playing chicken with oncoming traffic just to pass a moped, because being behind a tiny moped that is doing the speed limit is just too emasculating. Maybe in other states/areas, drivers are all courteous..but here if you take 1 millisecond to move when the light is green you get honked, and if you don't ride an 1800cc straight piped honda/Harley cruiser then nobody gives a shit about you and wants to make street pizza out of you. Occasionally squeezing to the front on a moped is pretty much a victimless crime

Did you run out of gas ? This was a neat treat w/ some funky background vibe - I was hoping you would strap that mountain bike on your back and ride off

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm dying at the dad-ing going on.

>

> Leave the kid alone. I've done WAY worse and WAY more congested roads.

>

> "Wait you turn," really got me good.

So...courtesy is amusing to you?

Rusty Shackleford /
Akira_016.jpg

I’ve seen and definitely done worse. Lane splitting/filtering at lights can save your damn life. You know how many rear enders I’ve seen at red lights because someone isn’t paying attention? I’ll split lanes or pass in the break down over becoming moped/car sandwich. The courtesy isn’t worth it when your life is on the line. Cars and trucks are deadly weapons of mass destruction, that reckless 16 year old kids (and reckless adults) are allowed to operate without supervision. They should be treated as such. Do whatever you can to protect yourself from that possible path of destruction. That said, crossing the yellow line in a curve with oncoming traffic was a bit cringe. Then the left turn where you went on the wrong side of the island was kinda sketch. Other than that, it just looks like a couple of goofs mopeding.

punkrock randy /

But if a car was crossing double yellow lines into our path’s, is that then considered shit driving? Keeping it between the lines isn’t that hard, especially when it’s as wide as we are typically. It’s not a fuckin Ford Excursion for pete’s sake.

> Matt Mulligan Wrote:

> I’ve seen and definitely done worse. Lane splitting/filtering at lights

> can save your damn life. You know how many rear enders I’ve seen at red

> lights because someone isn’t paying attention? I’ll split lanes or pass

> in the break down over becoming moped/car sandwich. The courtesy isn’t

> worth it when your life is on the line. Cars and trucks are deadly

> weapons of mass destruction, that reckless 16 year old kids (and

> reckless adults) are allowed to operate without supervision. They should

> be treated as such. Do whatever you can to protect yourself from that

> possible path of destruction. That said, crossing the yellow line in a

> curve with oncoming traffic was a bit cringe. Then the left turn where

> you went on the wrong side of the island was kinda sketch. Other than

> that, it just looks like a couple of goofs mopeding.

I agree about being rear ended, but I just leave half a car length between myself and the car in front of me at an intersection, that way if you see someone coming up fast behind you you can pull off to the left or right, but there is no way I would ever ride between two stopped cars. If you leave a full car length between you and the car ahead then some ass will find a way to weasel in there taking away your "out". Safe riding is always having somewhere to go in case someone tries to enter your space, if you don't have one you are in danger of being hit. Sometimes this means pulling over to let a dangerous or oblivious driver pass you. As you are riding at any given moment you should know where you can "go" in case someone does something stupid, because eventually, someone will.

I don't like the risky riding. But I do have to say that AKIRA is probably my favorite movie ever.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I'm dying at the dad-ing going on.

>

> >

>

> > Leave the kid alone. I've done WAY worse and WAY more congested roads.

>

> >

>

> > "Wait you turn," really got me good.

>

> So...courtesy is amusing to you?

Courtesy has nothing to do with it. If I am sitting in 1/8 mile of traffic on the Williamsburg Bridge, it's not impolite for me to filter forward. through stalled traffic. In fact, I would suggest that by not sitting in traffic, I am decreasing overall congestion in 95% of instances.

I will always filter in stopped traffic, and more likely than not I will lane-split when the situation calls for it.

I'd get into it more, but Matt above summed it up well.

Rusty Shackleford /
Akira_058.jpg

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > I'm dying at the dad-ing going on.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Leave the kid alone. I've done WAY worse and WAY more congested

> roads.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > "Wait you turn," really got me good.

>

> >

>

> > So...courtesy is amusing to you?

>

> Courtesy has nothing to do with it. If I am sitting in 1/8 mile of

> traffic on the Williamsburg Bridge, it's not impolite for me to filter

> forward. through stalled traffic. In fact, I would suggest that by not

> sitting in traffic, I am decreasing overall congestion in 95% of

> instances.

>

> I will always filter in stopped traffic, and more likely than not I will

> lane-split when the situation calls for it.

>

> I'd get into it more, but Matt above summed it up well.

Must just be different riding environments, where I can ride a moped traffic is never backed up that far, but really by moving a moped-length out of such a line hardly improves anything, but I guess if you can tell the line will not be moving anytime soon it might be safe, I would just wait it out. The only place we get stack ups like that is on the highway, and on a MC would never dream of riding between cars, for one who knows when they will start moving again, and people don't see you anyway, if you scare them away from their phones by riding right up by them lord knows what they will do. I guess I have been very fortunate to have shaped my life to where I'm never in a hurry any more! :) Be careful out there!

Tweaker trash /

When ur at the skatepark

The kid “That looks really scary”

The skater “ it’s not that bad once you get used to it”

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account