More awsome tools

So just purchased this band saw for my shop. I have a small version of it but this one is nice because it also has a table for free hand cuts and has a pump for liquid cooling. Also picking up a nice air dryer for my compressor. Running out of room, haha

20210327_205410.jpg
20210327_210157.jpg

Re: More awsome tools

My old saw. This is nice for more precision work but is tiny

20210327_210303.jpg

The guy I got the saw from is a 94 year old knife maker named mudd. He is super cool and has been making knives for 40+ years. Makes super nice rigging knives.

Old school awesomeness! Great find! Built to last!

It's not realy all that old. It's late nineties. Probably same as jet or other import stuff. Probably made in Taiwan. I guess it's better than china? But was only a few hundred dollars on my end so I did well. To buy a new china version would cost me 1500

Really, looks older, but hey it's a great deal and that's what matters, how cool to have met the dude you bought it from, bet it was fun to talk to him.

Guy sells rigging knives and is well known. He has been in wooden boat magazine. He also gave me a knife to finish. He is kinda famous in the knife making world. Said one of the guys he trained won forged in fire. Said to come by anytime. One of the knives he showed me had a 260 something carved in it. That is 260 of that knife. Said he has made thousands of knives and ships them all over the country to boat people

^ Cool, I love dudes like that....think of all he has seen in 94 yrs...it;s fascinating to talk to people like that.

Guys name is mudd sharrigan. Look him up. This is what he gave me to finish. Said to do what ever with it. Was made from an old rototiller blade

16168998296771606999787638040801.jpg

Interesting, I will google him up. I don't know shit from shinola about knives, but know there is a real art to it. Hand made stuff is some serious craftsmanship.

I brought this file knife I made a few years ago with me. 1st and only blade I ever made.

20210327_225316.jpg

Nice work! I admire/jelly of people who can just "create" something from nothing, it takes a vision I simply don't have.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account