I know nothing about NC.

But I want to get out of Washington, Hear a lot about the Raleigh/Durham area along with Asheville a lot. So what's up with these places? Are they cool?

Re: I know nothing about NC.

punkrock randy /

Stayed in Asheville on vacation a couple years back. Seemed like a super cool place. Good food👍🏼. Lotta good shows through there, didn’t know it was happening, but we seen MC Chris perform while we were there. That was awesome luck.

Only thing the wife and I do in NC is play pinball. Grandy, NC has a place called Flippers. About 40 machines. The pizza place across the street is pretty good as well.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Maybe it’s me, but it seems like damn near all of the plants and critters there has thorns or is poisonous. Even the grass is course and angry.

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe it’s me, but it seems like damn near all of the plants and

> critters there has thorns or is poisonous. Even the grass is course and

> angry.

🤔🤣. That is beyond true. Almost died from fire ants here and I got poison ivy in January once...oh and got bit once by some spider with thorns on a golf course looking for my ball. Thought it was a thorn from a sticker bush. Boy was I wrong.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

And don’t forget the chiggers and black tree snakes. Saw more than my share of both of them at fort Bragg while at army basic training in the mid ‘80’s. (edited)

Washington, NC sucks. It's isolated and there's nothing going on or anything to do, and no one likes mopeds or is a really moped friendly city.

You just described all of NC.....during a pandemic. But non-moped friendly 100% of the time.

Yeah, I've tried to ride around here before I started that rebuild but the road out here is straight to a 50mph main road, so you know people are going like 60+. I did it once but was way too sketchy for me, too many people riding your ass and bubba in his squatted truck trying to run you off the road. Raleigh seemed alright, haven't been to Durham,Asheville(heard it described like Richmond?) or Charlotte. (edited)

That pretty much describes my experience of riding mopeds in NC over the last decade.

> Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

> That pretty much describes my experience of riding mopeds in NC over the

> last decade.

👌🏻 💯

Charlotte sucks. City has grown too big. Drivers are fucking nuts. Steer clear of any car with a temp tag. They probably just moved here and just got the license for the first time. 10/10 don’t recommend. 10 years ago it was a different story and 15 years ago there was no one on the roads in the city on the weekends. It was awesome. Lots of people I know are moving out of Charlotte and going to Asheville. It is hilly as fuck tho which is cool. (edited)

I've been hearing a lot about Asheville a lot recently for some reason.

Caus everyone is moving there. Have friends from Portland moving there a couple co workers and my neighbors. People are getting tired of the overcrowding in NC main cities

I've heard it described as a smaller richmond, but seems to be a bit more woodier.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz1zrBFYCul-Abd34UmrsHvDUo2ySK9jXA3A&usqp=CAU

🤣🤣👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻.

I definitely would not describe Asheville in the same category as Richmond beside is is a river city.

punkrock randy /

College towns are always cooler. That’s probably the biggest reason Asheville isn’t lame. Good shows and good food are always my favorite things.

I don't know much about it outside of what I've read and have seen referenced about their punk scene, or have a I really been. I was thinking about Asheville years back, and now since people are moving there in droves rent's going to shoot straight up. The only places I've been in NC outside of the OBX and where I'm at is Raleigh, I liked it, but never saw myself moving there or anything, and they do have a moped club there.

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> College towns are always cooler. That’s probably the biggest reason

> Asheville isn’t lame. Good shows and good food are always my favorite

> things.

True but I do like Boone over Asheville but I am getting old and hate crowds hahah after living in Chicago I had no idea how bad the punk Scene was in the south East. I saw guttermouth with like 10 people in the crowd when I moved here. Best show I saw was NOFX here because they had to cancel a show then finally came back 2 years later and played for 3 1/2 hours. Old drunk punk rockers were getting carried out left and right. That was after 4 opening acts. It was a long day at work the next day. I think the show ended at like 2:30...

Pushrod Fifty /

Asheville only has a few blocks with cool stuff, mostly leftover 90s hippie vibe and its surrounded by divided highways and nothing fun. Venture out from there and there's nothing but commercial stuff, but no food, and little in the way of coolness. Driving on the main highways is murder, it's real hilly and there are alot of trailer trucks. People drive the same speed in both lanes, side by side at 55mph.

For a moped friendly, cool scene town, Northampton, MA, or surrounding towns.

There it is 👏🏻 I 100% think NC sucks for peds now.......but who am......oh just a president of a moped club. We’re all on the same page. Most of us won’t ride after dark solo anymore 🤷🏼‍♂️

Th only place that was moped friendly I have been was Richmond..but, yeah.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I seen a boar some hunters brought back. Yep avoid the woods...

I'm pretty much in this weird place that kind of a town but still in the middle of bumfuck, I haven't seen any boars thankfully. I have seen a lot of deer.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

550lbs and a 700lb one

Fuck that.

I know the tannerite hog guy

he was one of the 1st, theres a bunch of these now. it's pretty gruesome but hogs are a problem, it's clever and beats poison by a longshot

Well Will you just proved my case about you..thank you...think about it and it might come to you what i am talking about.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I know the tannerite hog guy

>

>

>

> he was one of the 1st, theres a bunch of these now. it's pretty gruesome

> but hogs are a problem, it's clever and beats poison by a longshot

Its the aftermath that disturbs me greatly. Killing something swiftly is one thing. But the cries of pain from the injured and undead are haunting to me.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account