Lunch Ladies

Has anyone heard from them? Lol* Moved to this forum by simon

Re: Lunch Ladies

Better question : Has anyone not heard of them ? ;)

Q was heard from them.

A: Nope

I am old enough to remember real lunch ladies. We had elementary school additional duties; like raising the flag, taking out trash, cleaning desks, clapping the chalk erasers together, and helping in the lunch line.

The lunch ladies were sweet on the helpers. They made us a better-than-usual lunch out of school food ingredients.

Keesler AFB dining facility is amazing. If the “lunch ladies” there would let me get away with it, I’d kiss them on the mouth.

God bless anyone that makes food and serves it to others.

Mark Younggren /

I mange over 300 lunch ladies in 39 different school serving thousands of kids meals. God bless them all

Overpriced Parts /

I Didn’t see lunch workers until high school And then they weren’t lunch ladies just people who would stock the food. It was pretty much self serve unless you got the special and then a woman would plop a couple things on your tray.

We had open campus in High school up until Senior year anyway so I like many went at lunch to one of the two local pinball Sweet shops to hangout, grab a burger and a shake. Senior year when they got rid of open campus we still went out through a couple doors that no one watched.

Grade/middle school I had an hour lunch period at home and I could go home for lunch.

School was only around the block a few minutes walk each way. Most times I’d get to leave a few minutes before lunch and be a few minutes late getting back so I got a whole hour at home to do whatever which was great!

People who didn’t live by the school had to eat their bag lunch and have a study hall for the rest of the time which sucked.

Man hot school lunch, got away from it in HS, but ate it every day in Jr High.....I LOVE the instant mashed potatoes and that canned light brown gravy, the dark brown is ok too, but the the light brown is the best, I could eat that every day for the rest of my life, and the bread and butter....god I'm hungry now! :) I would trade my deserts for the potatoes on the days we had it. I even used to eat the little salad they would give you. The lunch ladies rocked!

I went to a private school through HS . There was no cafeteria , so no lunch ladies .

They did exist in college . Most had close to robot personalities . They must have been at it for the money or maybe doing community service to complete court penalties .

A morbid bunch , as I recall .

Jack Rutherford /

I couldn't resist

Oh I miss the hot lunch pizza squares. Wish I could get a big can of that sauce.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Lol, why else would you have a job besides the money?

And why would you assume it was part of criminal penalty?

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oh I miss the hot lunch pizza squares. Wish I could get a big can of

> that sauce.

Sam’s Club has the breadtangle pizza. Exact same as school lunch. You can roll em up, peal the toppings off first, or eat it normal (if you’re into that).

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Lol, why else would you have a job besides the money?

>

> And why would you assume it was part of criminal penalty?

Can't imagine that 'job' paying much of anything .

The faces told the story : it seemed either they were less than happy with whatever compensation they might have been getting , or , they were otherwise there . I can see how 'volunteering' for a position like that would fit into the definition of community service , offered/ordered by a court .

Anyway , the community service penalty was the first thought those faces provoked .

The school system has good bennies and they get the summer off. Good for mothers.

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> Oh I miss the hot lunch pizza squares. Wish I could get a big can of

> that sauce.

Those were awesome too! :D

> Alexis Wilber Wrote:

> Has anyone heard from them? Lol

Ha! I was wondering the same thing the other day. Hey VA Beach you still alive.

I haven't even heard anything from VA beach in years. I just remember years back one of them tried to sell me trac, like what? 10 years ago?

roots to wings /

sloppy joes and salisbury steaks forever

lunch ladies made the best rolls at my elementary school. years later, i realized the smell i liked soooo much was the alcohol from all the yeast they used......mmmmmm

while i applaud their massive balls riding their mopeds from VABeach to RVA....they were irresponsibly wild. (edited)

Whoops. It's come to my attention that this is actually moped related. It really didn't seem that way so I moved it to Off Topic. It's tricky to move it back, so I'll leave it here for now. Sorry about that.

> Full Tuck Wrote:

> lunch ladies made the best rolls at my elementary school. years later, i

> realized the smell i liked soooo much was the alcohol from all the yeast

> they used......mmmmmm

>

> while i applaud their massive balls riding their mopeds from VABeach to

> RVA....they were irresponsibly wild.

I was supposed to hang out with them a couple of times but didn't because they were a bit older, but I do remember them riding to RVA. I think that might have been my first rally.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account