Re: 2008 Cobalt SS (LNF) Tuned 160mph+

punkrock randy /

Nope, I believe 80 is the highest speed limit I’ve encountered. I do wonder what it feels like to go that fast in something of such poor build quality tho💁🏼‍♂️

I think I'm gonna head over to the cobalt forums to sell some mopeds. Wonder how that will go?

punkrock randy /

And the B5 psst also has equal length cv joints, therefore minimal torque steer. Chevy wasn’t breaking new ground there. Sell it to your old man, he seems the most excited about it, other than yourself of course ;-)

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Nope, I believe 80 is the highest speed limit I’ve encountered. I do

> wonder what it feels like to go that fast in something of such poor

> build quality tho💁🏼‍♂️

The only time i was in a car going 160mph (legally) the only reason i felt safe was because it was in a Mercedes that cost more than 300k new. Doing 160mph in an American car seems like a deathwish.

Bas you were probably doing something under 100 Miles per hour ,your speedos aren't the same with your kil reading

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> I think I'm gonna head over to the cobalt forums to sell some mopeds.

> Wonder how that will go?

Incredibly apt

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> > punkrock randy Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Nope, I believe 80 is the highest speed limit I’ve encountered. I do

>

> > wonder what it feels like to go that fast in something of such poor

>

> > build quality tho💁🏼‍♂️

>

> The only time i was in a car going 160mph (legally) the only reason i

> felt safe was because it was in a Mercedes that cost more than 300k new.

> Doing 160mph in an American car seems like a deathwish.

I've been 185MPH in my American car. It was fine. Not ALL American cars are junk.

Was it an 02 duster?

jokes aside, I think it's fair to like cars that are fast or handle well and are cheap. But recognize there's alot of folks too who want other things...

like, an interesting car. or an efficient car? maybe a safe car or towing or small or whatever.

Personally, I don't really care for cars much at all, but speed doesnt make my list of requisites at all. my daily has 60hp and a top speed under 75, but i love it.

Other things I'd looks for in a car, #1 is probably cheap. I'd rather have a $2000 car with 100hp than a $2200 car with 200. (i've never paid over $2k for a car)

Next, probably something efficient. I'd rather get 5 more mpg than 50more mph.

#3 - interesting. get me a weird interesting car, sorry but there's nothing interesting about a cobalt... even if it is a really fast one. even just a funny junky old van or a classic brick volvo, or mmmm some oddbal like a brat. Somethin i'd maybe see on the road and notice, maybe even remember seeing by the time i got home.

Beyond that, small - Like tiny. something like geo metro - that's what i'm talkin about! definitely ups my interest.

#5 - safety. Realistically I need a car i can put a kid in. this is a practical issue. Also for practicality beinh able to move mopeds would be handy

Anyway, I only say all that for the sake of discussion, it's interesting how everyone's interests differ. Yours clearly is quite opposite mine, prioritizing speed and performance, but still low(ish) cost. I only wish we had an easier time respecting those differences in opinions!

Dirty30 Dillon /

Always a sign of good parenting when you receive criticism of your child and respond with fact-less insults.

I will say that the highlight of this whole thread is getting to chuckle every time I read

ROFFSPRING

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Was it an 02 duster?

There is a story behind the name. But, no not a duster. I do have the cousin to the Plymouth Duster, A Dodge Dart. But its not a winner in the top speed category.

Overpriced Parts /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Always a sign of good parenting when you receive criticism of your child

> and respond with fact-less insults.

>

> I will say that the highlight of this whole thread is getting to chuckle

> every time I read

>

> ROFFSPRING

I called a spade a spade!

All of us Roff’s (and there is many) blow you out of the water, none ever suck off The government al contribute and then some!

My son is true blue, never stole a day in his life, never did drugs, is trustworthy beyond belief, and that’s one of the reasons why he’s getting rid of this car so he doesn’t get in trouble, (it’s sold now though)

So tell us how you contribute Dillon!

Do you provide for your family? Do you help charities? volunteer? do you help your neighborhood?

what do You do for City, country, or mankind!

If one posts as much as you do, you ain’t working Nothing like I did when I raised a family, paid into the system and charities just so you could suck off of it.

Not to worry even being semi retired I’ll still help pay for you Lazy type people So you could post more of nothing important bull crap

Ole Roff's off his meds again 😂

Dirty30 Dillon /

Poor defensive Roff.

I've held a job since I was 15. Paid my own way through college, take care of my wife and extended family. I give to charity as I can, and I volunteer lots of time to help local community theaters/organizations.

You don't pay for anything I own, or have owned. You haven't taught me anything about bikes, or life, except that I'm glad I didn't grow up woth toxic old men in my life.

And I'll say again: so quick to try and throw shade and insult rather than accept any small criticism that's levelled.

Overpriced Parts /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Poor defensive Roff.

>

> I've held a job since I was 15. Paid my own way through college, take

> care of my wife and extended family. I give to charity as I can, and I

> volunteer lots of time to help local community theaters/organizations.

>

> You don't pay for anything I own, or have owned. You haven't taught me

> anything about bikes, or life, except that I'm glad I didn't grow up

> woth toxic old men in my life.

>

> And I'll say again: so quick to try and throw shade and insult rather

> than accept any small criticism that's levelled.

Good defense good come back, I’m thankful if you don’t live off the system which is not the normal it seems, I don’t know what you call old, I’m not retired, Toxic? I didn’t say anything about you or your family first. I’m sorry, I’m sick and tired of people being greedy and complaining about everything while living off the government.

My son was very enthusiastic what was done to the car, everything he said about it was truth, sure the ad was long but were many other things he didn't say

The person who bought the car never experienced anything like it and couldn’t be more thrilled, got a heckuva deal too, Like when I sell a bike all the work was done.

We only got the 06 Lowly normally aspirated Cobalt SS left now Which my oldest son bought brand new and changed hands in our family three times but it’s nothing compared to 08 and up Turbo charged model, If anyone has a chance to get a hold of one of these cars I highly recommend it

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

No thanks. I’ll pass.

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> No thanks. I’ll pass.

Spill the beans.

punkrock randy /

Damn. It sold. I’m too late. Deal of a lifetime missed. The one that got away. I hope life still has meaning. Probably not tho...

^ lol! :)

Didn’t want to sell the SS but had to quit while I was ahead and get a ride that was more tame but still fun so I got this

728483F3-03E2-4B2F-B3DF-7F8BE8E5423B.jpeg

1994 Mazda Miata

1.8 L 5 speed, Rag top

Over 25 years old so no echeck !

Clean, low mi for its age, 76k mi

Less is more with no power junk other then air cond.

Everything is manual like the trans, steering, top and windows but all operate very easy and smooth.

Power is def down compared to the SS but the car’s lighter so it’s still fun.

punkrock randy /

Funny, I’m trying to keep from buying a ‘99 miata currently. Not sure if it’ll work. It’s a pretty clean little car. Looks like you scored a good NA👍🏼

Overpriced Parts /

> live ɘvil Wrote:

>

I know of that car that there was other mopars too, shame many were biased against dodge Chrysler Plymouth Dodge cars because there’s not many left anymore.

Local junk yards would crush many mostly complete cars, many RT and performance models as well as Amc and some fords cars met their demise by yards that only wanted to deal with Gm parts.

I had a black Dodge with a 3 speed stick shift, it was only a 318 car but with head, cam, carb and exhaust work I got to run pretty good.

It’s nice that our Mazda 323 wagon now has a younger brother, Both are surprisingly similar, simple and easy to work on cars.

> Bunta Bob Wrote:

> Didn’t want to sell the SS but had to quit while I was ahead and get a

> ride that was more tame but still fun so I got this

>

> 1994 Mazda Miata

>

> 1.8 L 5 speed, Rag top

>

> Over 25 years old so no echeck !

>

> Clean, low mi for its age, 76k mi

>

> Less is more with no power junk other then air cond.

>

> Everything is manual like the trans, steering, top and windows but all

> operate very easy and smooth.

>

> Power is def down compared to the SS but the car’s lighter so it’s still

> fun.

Whats an echeck? Love those Miata's, but I can't drive one, my eyes line up exactly with the top of the windshield frame! Very good looking car, what's not to love about a stick shift rag-top! Enjoy!

punkrock randy /

Emissions check. I only dealt with them in Ohio.

Overpriced Parts /

A Echeck is a forced emission check that only a few counties out of my state has to have every 2 years and when you buy a used car it car needs to have one less than a year old,

You cannot register or plate your Vehicle if it fails, you cannot get a E check if you have a check engine light or a brake light on. If you cannot get your car to pass you have to spend and show Receipts of 300$ worth of repair to get a one-year exemption!

It is a total scam and why should only a few counties in my state have to have a echeck when almost 40 other counties don’t and we all use the same air?

It’s the same bull crap that they’re pushing in the United States with the so-called green energy and being carbon free by 2050 when China is building new coal fired electric plants at astounding rate and have no plans for any reduction.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/despite-pledges-to-cut-emissions-china-goes-on-a-coal-spree

The more green stuff USA buys will be made in China making them produce more greenhouse gases and pollution

If if there wasn’t Failed politicians like al gore that pushed this agenda while jet hopping across the world and having an estate that produces a footprint of a small housing development that became millionaires, Hippocratic companies and do as I say not as I do law makers I would have a different opinion

Al Gore flies a plane, so let's destroy the planet?

Oh, we had that shit for a while in the late '80's total scam, you only had to have the car checked if you lived in the Twin cities metro area, not the rest of the state,wtf? Most cars passed as the rust is so bad here we have few really old vehicles running around, the program wa scrapped after a few yrs, utter waste of time and money.

i would love to disassemble roffs rants piece by piece but I don't think theres any point. Its worth noting that china is already outpacing us on a bunch of green tech, which they will sell sooner and cheaper than we can. Seems silly to keep on fighting against it and encouraging all those jobs and manufacturing and innovation to go everywhere else. you even acknowledge the problems that creates, but still don't back supporting that industry here?

I do kinda hate e-check tho, it really just screws people who have no money. I don't hate it for the "but everyone else pollutes anyway" argument, "hey guys, lets never try to be better since other people are still bad". I do disagree that it forces people who can't afford a decent vehicle to pay more money to drive a shitty vehicle, making it even harder to break that barrier. You see a lot of people just driving temp tags cuz they cant afford to fix the echeck light.

anyhow, in NH growing up we had vehicle inspections, it was a thing you all knew which shop would give you a pass for the "add-on fee". Those inspections make some sense cuz oyu dont have totally unsafe piles of rust driving around, but echeck I think winds up serving a similar purpose except it is an easier one to do administratively. it'd be a lot easier to monitor and control emissions if they came from one place tho, like a powerplant?

it's been a personal issue lately too. I have a decent '01 passat, i have an check engine light from a bad SAIP, which is like an air injector to help the cat warm up faster, it's got pretty negligible impact on emissions, but keeps me from being able to register it. So, I dont. I just dont drive it (weather's nice enough i just ride a bicycle or moped). it's definitely frustrating.

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> I know of that car that there was other mopars too, shame many were

> biased against dodge Chrysler Plymouth Dodge cars because there’s not

> many left anymore.

>

> Local junk yards would crush many mostly complete cars, many RT and

> performance models as well as Amc and some fords cars met their demise

> by yards that only wanted to deal with Gm parts.

>

> I had a black Dodge with a 3 speed stick shift, it was only a 318 car

> but with head, cam, carb and exhaust work I got to run pretty good.

>

> It’s nice that our Mazda 323 wagon now has a younger brother, Both are

> surprisingly similar, simple and easy to work on cars.

Ken, I'm a die hard mopar fan and love them all. If someone gave me a vette, I'd sell it and buy me a "Duke's of Hazzard" car. Imagine what the dukes could do with a hellcat...

(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account