Anyone planning on attending Bonnaroo

Was looking at the lineup for Bonnaroo this year. Since we're moving to Tennessee i thought I might check if any of the moped community was going to attend. Would be cool to do a meet up possibly. We haven't decided if we're going yet, wanted to see what you all had planned.

Re: Anyone planning on attending Bonnaroo

Lineup looks alright, bit too heavy on the hiphop side though. Not that i dislike hiphop, but rappers rarely give good live shows let alone on a festival.

And 380$ for 4 days, yikes.

Yeah, there are like five or six bands i would love to see and the rest i don't know or enjoy. Thinking it might be more fun to track down the bands individually for a smaller show experience.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Matt Peters Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah, there are like five or six bands i would love to see and the rest

> i don't know or enjoy. Thinking it might be more fun to track down the

> bands individually for a smaller show experience.

Yeah, I counted 6 bands that I would pay to see, and I never really got into the festival crowd.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

You couldn’t pay me to suffer through a foo fighters concert.

ive been running the festival scene pretty much my whole life. either as a fan, performer, or vendor. that said festivals are a great way to catch many acts in one venue. what you dont want to do is take a moped. i did it one time against my better judgment, and i was right. everybody and their brothers mothers and sisters want to ride it, and you are saying NO to people all weekend. it wasnt very usefull and was quickly put away. my experience with festies are, if you dont attend the first one they become heavily commercialized and it ruins the feeling for them to me. all my friends attended the first ROO and told me how good it was, but has slowly declined ever since to now present day. line up is so weak in 2021. i recognize a hand full of acts, but have seen them many times, and or rubbed shoulders with them as a performer. my youngest daughter runs a not for profit and she and my wife was in attendance at 15 Roo's free of course. just a few pictured.

thumbnail.jpg

ive had a free invite for all those years to volunteer, but didnt go until my wife said she was renting an RV. hot damn the line up was pretty good, and i was in! this is what i know of bonnaroo. the biggest diverse scene ive ever witnessed, good acts i would have never been exposed to, human kindness. even with vip camping, have the best walking shoes known, wear a mask, the bonnaroo flu is real, and mask wearing is a 20 yr old practice. rent an RV its hot af. i'll never go back unless the wife rents an RV with good AC again. the highlight of my only ROO was seeing J Cole (rapper) he brought chance the rapper on stage with him. chance wasnt even on the bill that year. im a huge fan of chance, he knows my oldest daughter in Chicago personally and i have had the privilege to hang out with him. lastly dont take a moped. my two cents.

uncle acid and the deadbeats fuckin rule

also is it level up? or lvl up? lvl up is moped family, but i thought they broke up.

the only band i can find that's "level up" appears to be a buncha nobodys classic rock cover band...

Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats are the only band on that lineup that i really want to see. I've heard they're great live and Blood Lust has been a favourite album of mine since the first time i heard it.

CAAMP is playing Sunday and they're Columbus moped dudes, they're good people. (edited)

yup to all......true family is not of blood, but the joy and respect in each others lives...crudely reworded like the general 5 star keys i cut.....that work every time....!?! mr d and the rest, i have a lot of respect...do a roo show, its all good. my julie is representing at an arrows of neon show tonight. hahahahah f'n 4 20 snowing, covid....cold as shit...but some how im not in that mix, and im ok.. again its all good i turned the geo on and she'll have a warm house when she gets here.....lyft just got her...peace

Terbo Speghetti /

I thought for sure this would be a thread from 2011 that got pulled back up for some reason.

Don't go to bonnaroo. Just don't. It's a bad idea for a billion reasons. Not least of which is the fact that it's not 2011.

Terbo Speghetti /

Are the superspreaders playing?

I mean, everyone at bonaroo gets sick every year with whatever flus and colds there are, it's a pretty awful idea holding an event like that in the current state of the world for sure.

I had never had the option of attending so I was curious of others experiences. The more I looked into it the less I considered going. I'd rather just buy a new ped and build it out lol

Saw the dead in '89, went to Lollapalooza 1 and that was all I needed as far as multi-stage events.

This current "Festival Fad" doesn't look even remotely appealing even if I were still in my 20's.

It all just seems like a giant loud corporate funded pile of drunk & sweaty frat normies. (edited)

I go to festivals sometimes, like the big ones when they're close and I can sneak in

mini brag: one time I went to this festival on beacon st in boston, 2/5 of us had tickets, the other 2 went managed to read names off the willcall list. I wandered around the back of the street to this bar which had a door outside and a door inside the festival. I was gonna walk through but I wound up chatting with the bouncer. I asked him if he'd care if I snuck through and he was just like "I got a pass for working, I can't use it - here you go"

So, i start walking all the way around the whole fest trying to get back to the front gates, and going around the back a lady was like, hey - you can come through here, that's a backstage pass

sweet right?! I wound up meeting the descendents and actually hung out for a while on the bus with presidents of the USA and the violent femmes. Chatted for long time with their vedic guru who i guess leads them in meditations before shows. odd dudes.

When I met back up with my friends I was telling them about it, and the lead for presidents walked by and was like "hey will - mober on, keep it up!"

I also met the femmes again and NY Dolls in pittsburgh on some passes I got with a friend who was a red bull guy, i just went along with him, they let you go anywhere when you're handing out free shit. Another time ceelo green rode my skateboard while i was hanging out behind a ceelo/black-eyed peas show

Anyway, definitely interesting when you take the less obvious path and just go with whatever adventure presents itself.

I went in 2010 and it was the most miserable experience of my life. I was in my early 20’s then. Also, drastically more expensive than you could imagine by the end of the week. I will say they did have a very nice emergency medic tent I got to visit from heat stroke, haha.

If you do attend- definitely do NOT bring a moped, invest in the best hiking shoes you can buy, and prepare for a week of no shade, no AC, miles of walking everyday, and sauna-like porta potties (bring your own TP). Also realize you’re probably only going to get to see a small fraction of the bands play.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account