Honda gyro project

So I have this 84 honda gyro that I am working all the bugs out of and love it very much. Some of you may know that the 84 model is one of a kind so parts are not available. This little guy is in pretty good shape and have a semi build tread on the general forum. Got it pretty much back to stock but would love to do a mod motor but realy cant find a 84 setup. Not sure if I can use a gyro x motor or the later gyro honda express 2 looking thing motors? I ultimately would like to be able to use one of those or if I could find a 84 and just do a pipe, carb mabye a little jetting and not destroy this rare beast. I can weld, machine, swamp yank, anything. Just want to be able to put the stock shit back on without destroying this specimen.

20210420_235209.jpg

Re: Honda gyro project

Nice Gyro! Keep it stock and pristine, and buy a JDM Gyro from me.

BC246E67-FBA6-4127-AD0E-56D1F983BFD3.jpeg
B5ED9F49-AFBE-4652-8135-3D5C54B0DE73.jpeg

punkrock randy /

Damn!!! I want the one that is ready for work! That flatbed rulz!!!!!👍🏼

This photo op was directly Jon's fault. Buy a jdm one from him haha. I didn't but a few friends here now have and everyone is very pumped on that decision

20210418_142312.jpg

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This photo op was directly Jon's fault. Buy a jdm one from him haha. I

> didn't but a few friends here now have and everyone is very pumped on

> that decision

🤞I’m hoping for a Gyro filled Vintage Days this year🤞

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Damn!!! I want the one that is ready for work! That flatbed rulz!!!!!👍🏼

It can carry all the things.

CB48AC16-4FB6-4FD5-937C-B79DC9DC689A.jpeg
A0F294B1-CE41-4DDB-A1D4-20FBE74C9BDB.jpeg

So sick. So my buddy is a malosi dealer and had the 65 or 70cc kit with head that says it fits the nn50. Will this work on my engine? I'm pretty sure it's the same one that treats has

The kit that Treats sells is intended for JDM Gyros such as the Up, X, and Canopy. I have that kit on my Up, and have installed one on an X. Straight bolt on. It will fit the USDM TG50 (and presumably your NN50) with some modification. One of the product reviews on Treats mentions what they had to do.

Yeah it sounds like the exhaust casting needs to be shaved so it clears the case or something?

That’s what I remember reading.

The X, Up, and Canopy motors are a whole different animal from the NN50 and TG50. They are a pretty typical fan cooled vertical cylinder scooter engine with differential integrated into the cvt gearbox.

Gyro X:

FFE359F6-C2A9-4E1A-9F3F-C365B7622DBC.jpeg

Gyro Up:

21828751-ADE2-4AF0-8B8F-F10086C33B2C.jpeg

^ OMG, every time you post pics of the JDM Gyro's I just lose all common sense and want one.....that one with the flatbed....wow, just wow. I'm getting to the point in life where I could possibly afford one...just need to figure out what to do with it over winter....how fast will it go, loving the pipe on it...just so unique, and no one else would have one, thanks for doing the work to get these here....someday I hope to be a customer of your's. :) Are wear items like tires and brake shoes avail? It would be so cool to build an insulated box on the back of the UP! to use for food delivery as a pt summer job....what's left of my mind races with the fun possibilities! :) I know you posted pricing before, but I forgot, what do you get for these?

81431C97-375D-4A31-A1D0-5A8A9947E556.jpeg

Insulated boxes are available. I haven’t run into any parts availability problems. Some parts cross reference to USDM bikes and can be found domestically.

My Gyro Up is still in a fairly tame state of tune. Top speed is 42 with the Malossi kit, variator mods, and the larger rear wheels. I need to change the weights now that I have the pipe.

Gyro X’s start around $1700, Up’s start around $2200. Let me know when you’re ready :)

Thank you, I will.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account