I have a serious question for the moped community.

In recent times, I've been feeling like I'm not wanted. Is this true or is it just me being down in the dumps as usual?

Re: I have a serious question for the moped community.

Brandon to be honest you are you're own worst enemy..you hear voices that aren't there...there are times you join in the conversations and talk with reason but then you go off on one of you're rants against sombody for no reason..just settle in and stop imagining people are against you and talk a normal.conversation and all will be fine (edited)

I've just been having a hard time recently with a lot of things. Unemployment and my depressions getting worse because of that and the social isolation. I'm just kind of stuck in this house, with nothing to do and nowhere to go running a lot of things through my head, having a bit of a tendency to stress myself out. It's been a rough couple of months, but I just kind of feel with recent events that there's been a lot of negativity on my name that bothers me. Makes me feel like I don't have anywhere to go or that I don't belong. (edited)

Brandon,

I have offered personal communication. You’ve never messaged me. I get that you have some stuff you’re working on and may have made past mistakes.

I don’t give a shit about any of that.

So, maybe I’m not the “moped community” you’re looking for, but I do care about people. Everyone. Especially people in the moped hobby because this community gives a lot to me and I am glad to repay that wherever I can.

It would be better, when you’re feeling some kinda way, to PM a person that will listen and care, than to post on here and get just as much blast as concern.

Like Pops said, most people on here don’t have ANY problem with you when you’re just being a part of it all. Don’t call yourself out.

I won’t air my dirty laundry, or over-share, on this forum. But I got experience. I leave it up to you to reach out if you want to.

punkrock randy /

You’re not the only one who feels that way Brandon. Life is tough and these times are more trying than ever. Do what you love, even if it’s solo. And try and talk to new people when the opportunities arise. Try not to get too hung up on past relationships and focus more on enjoying your time. Ride, ride, and then ride some more after refueling. Great medicine for the brain. Helps get my mind off shit anyhow.

Maybe I'm just stressing about things as usual, and I have a bad habit of doing that. It's just the social part I'm worried about the most.

It's you. I don't think people are thinking about you as much as you assume, in a positive or negative way. You NEED to get a job, if even at McDonalds, or Target or anything at all, for something to do, and to put some money in your pocket, it's not healthy to not work, as then someone else is in control of your destiny/life. EVERYWHERE is hiring right now, find something close you where you live, or on a bus line or that you can bike to. You don't have to keep it forever, but you have to START somewhere. No one can do that for you. Another thing you NEED to do in the fight against depression is to get the fuck outside and move around, I can't stress this enough. In a past post someone told you to go out and walk at least 2 miles a day, WITHOUT your phone. I know it is hard to get going, but you MUST or nothing will change for you, instead of a screen, look around your neighborhood, the stores, the actual real life people, say hi if you pass someone on the street, you know, live? You may see a store with a help wanted sign, or a lawn crew truck at the gas station, ask if they need any help, but you must "be" in the real world to have any success in life. You are an internet guy, get on indeed.com, ziprecruiter.com etc, I'm on both even though I have a great job, and I get countless e-mails every day full of jobs. Surely you can find something, even part time to start out. Going out into the world every day is free, even broke people can do it. I walked out of jail a little over 20 yrs ago with some clothes and a TV, stayed with my folks for a month, within a week had 2 ft jobs and had my own place in 3.5 weeks, and I found those jobs walking the street. Since then my life has steadily improved, still in that same apt, as I never want to forget where I could be if I backslide, I have good credit, savings, a 401k, my employer pays my health ins premiums, and by some miracle I'm healthy, and most importantly HAPPY. There are people who would love to be able bodied as you are and to be able to work, never forget that. You have a choice, where many do not. Depression is a bitch, I know, I suffer from it, it's not chronic, but I do know what it's like. You must get outside, like 8 hrs a day, don't just sit home and mope, it will only get worse, avoid alcohol, again hard, I was a hope to die drunk for yrs, and I still miss the shit every day, but it exacerbates depression. Nothing worth having in this world is easy, that's why it;s so satisfying when you earn things, and why once you do you have little patience for whiners and thieves. Here's a thought, I kept a roof over my head for a year and a half working at Target in the stockroom, making like 8.50 an hr, granted that was a long time ago, but I ate, had cable and internet, dial up...lol, a phone. No car, had a moped but could not afford ins, walked to work or rode my bicycle, which I still have, and after I get back into a bit better shape I will begin riding again. many area's have low or no cost mental health services, but you have to seek them out. Every day I force myself outside to walk I feel so much better after, and soon I will be at it every day, winter is finally over here and being outside feels wonderful, and it's free! Get vaccinated if you have not, you will be more hireable, and the last thing you need is to get sick without a job. As Pop's said when you are talking sense, commenting about bikes etc, no one gives you a hard time, but when you whine or attack people they do, and should. Worry about you, not others opinions of you, when you have your life together it's true not everyone will like you, but many will, and remember life is not a popularity contest, or about "likes" and social ratings, fuck social media so hard for dragging high school into adult life, it is about being able to take care of yourself and to make you happy, because if you are not happy with you, how can anyone else be? I don't know what else to tell you man, people have tried time and time again to help you...but you don't seem to try their advice and you always come back online seeking attention. Find it in real life, it's far more satisfying. Try this, on Monday, turn off your phone and leave it at home. Take only your drivers license and social security card with you, and a pen and a little notebook, and go out and walk your town/city, talk to people, go into stores and apply for jobs. Maybe you just land one? Even if it's shitty it is a start up the ladder, better yrs working lame jobs than wasting the prime working/healthy yrs of your life on the couch staring into a phone. Success does not come overnight, life is not a reality show, it takes time and commitment.

Best of luck to you.

/\ this

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> /\ this

Yeah great advice. I recently have gone through a bunch of job changes and it is very frustrating. I always made pretty good money but was very stressed out and that is not good for anyone. I got a job that I like and do not get stressed but pay is ok. I just turned down a job that pays $3 more an hour just because I like my job and dont want to get stuck in the stress and hating getting up thing to go to work. Just got to make yourself happy.

Maybe it's just all in my head, I worry too much.

Keep that thought Brandon...thats what everybody is trying to tell you...you seem to be a likeable guy and are treated so when you post and talk with reason..keep it that way

this thread was inspiringly positive. i like that.

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> Maybe it's just all in my head, I worry too much.

It's not all in your head, you are doing nothing with your life, you admitted it, that SHOULD depress you, get off the couch and get a job, you will feel better, meet people and have something to show for yourself. You will also be able to afford to put your bike back together and get out and ride. Your replies indicate that you are either A. not socially well adjusted, or B. just like acting like a petulant drunk 14yo, you can't expect any positive attention if that is how you interact with people. Grow up a little, learn to be social, and get your ass to work! No one respects a free-loader! You have to put something into the world to deserve anything out of it. If you continue as you are you are headed to one of two places, skid row, or prison, and I don't think you will do well in either. People have tried to be nice to you, to sympathize, yet you still do nothing, but whine, get help if you need it, or get off your ass.

I don't know man, it just sucks that I know that there are people smearing my name for no reason and there's nothing I can do about it. I just want someone to tell me that's in this a lot more than I have, that things are ok and there's nothing to worry about. I've always felt like I've/I'm being pushed away from the community. Even though due to constant unfortunate events, I haven't been a part of it like I wanted to, or used to.

You have to be happy with yourself before you worry about what other think.

Unemployed is the perfect time to get off your ass and exercise.

While your at it, start a new diet that you can stick to long term. diets aren't temporary, they have to be changed to meet your needs. The sub reddit intermittentfasting is very positive and helpful.

Its up to you to make the changes you need. I can help, but I can't make you do it.

There was a post by _Papa that made a lot of sense which nailed the way I feel about everything.

" So you burned some bridges in the past and want to be part of the real

life crowd and not get blown up by someone dragging up old stuff? And that is causing you some serious displeasure because you love

mopeds, and the community, and don’t want to be ostracized if some people from way back cant leave it alone and show up at real life functions. Am I getting it about right"

It makes a lot of sense because I've always felt and known that was happening but for obvious reasons to push me away. I've caught people doing it. From everything that happened in Richmond, to the stupid shit that happened in another thread, it's so odd to me that I've had all of these problems started, or enticed into by others because of my problems and use them and those situations against me. I'm not a bad person at all, yeah, I have a couple of problems but they're nothing big. When I got into the community people were cool and welcoming, I finally got to be around people closer to my age with similar interests and love of mopeds. What happened to that? Why does everyone seem to be so interested in the negative aspects of me and my life instead of anything else? I guess I just feel hated, and unwanted, while I've tried my hand to be involved in other aspects of the community only to be shut down and ignored. I haven't really done much wrong, and I feel like coming back to the forums and posting here again was kind of a bad idea because I could get hit where it hurts the most and the effects of it spreading throughout the community. I can't really think of anything wrong outside of asking for a loaner a couple of times, maybe having to stay at someone's house a couple of times(one time I wasn't going to, my ride dicked it and I was stuck there at someone's house I've never met before, didn't seem to welcome), and went to two rallies before without a moped while I was stuck living out of a hotel flat broke 20 mins away from the Richmond that didn't seem like it was a problem. NEver stole anything, broke anything, caused problems(if I did they were unintentional), never actually did anything wrong. (edited)

TLDR. I'm lying. Stop worrying about what others say or think. Worry about yourself and actually prove yourself and character through actions in the real world that are not in cyberspace. Take control of the here and now plus your future and stop worrying about the past.

The here and now is so powerful that we avoid it by living in the past or worrying about the future. (edited)

^ Seriously, this. Get your act together and you will not be stuck places, you will have control of your life. Don't worry about others until you have your own shit together. No one is going to think better of you, until you do, and take charge of your life. You are too old to be worrying about where you are going to spend the night or how to get somewhere, you need to be able to handle these basic things yourself before you can offer anyone/a group anything.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^ Seriously, this. Get your act together and you will not be stuck

> places, you will have control of your life. Don't worry about others

> until you have your own shit together. No one is going to think better

> of you, until you do, and take charge of your life. You are too old to

> be worrying about where you are going to spend the night or how to get

> somewhere, you need to be able to handle these basic things yourself

> before you can offer anyone/a group anything.

I've always been told and felt that if I got my shit together and got myself back into it things would be better. So I can be seen in a better light, but fuck, I've had some awful luck trying to do that in recent years, and even back then.

Well, you HAVE to keep trying, life is not easy. GET A JOB. That is the first thing, get an address, then get a car. You can then find a better job, move at will etc. This is basic "life 101"....everyone has to do it. Life is not a big party, there is a lot of hard work, and boring times, it's called being an adult. Does not mean you can't still have fun, but you have to EARN it.

Brandon you might have been joking about the meth in the other thread but if not you really need to get help with that...it wil.for sure have you hearing voices and imagining things..

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Dmt will do that...

Drugs are bad mkay...

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Brandon you might have been joking about the meth in the other thread

> but if not you really need to get help with that...it wil.for sure have

> you hearing voices and imagining things..

This is very true. It will also do one of 2 things, kill you, or land you in prison.

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Brandon you might have been joking about the meth in the other thread

> but if not you really need to get help with that...it wil.for sure have

> you hearing voices and imagining things..

I was obviously joking.

Glad to hear that Brandon,but also feel it is nothing to joke about....i know and i am sure a lot ofthe others know people that had a good life going before meth ruined their lives or killed them as Stephen said...i know a very few that were able to get away from it but still had their lives altered to no return and a rare few that got clean and resumed a normal life...try reading back in the threads here and you shound notice a difference of when you go off the deep end as if drunk or drugged and how you are treated as to when you join and talk a normal conversation

Dude, I'm not smoking meth.

128.png

♣Slew Foot♣ /

This reminds me of patchouli oil making my mother think I was on the pot. I was smoking hash and pot for years in the house but I get the you're on drugs speech during a dry spell its humorous to me now but she was extremely serious...

Brandon if you read i didn't say you were..thats where some of your problem comes in .....you assumed i said you were...far from that..you jokinging seemed to be saying you were...i said you did not need to be

punkrock randy /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> This reminds me of patchouli oil making my mother think I was on the

> pot. I was smoking hash and pot for years in the house but I get the

> you're on drugs speech during a dry spell its humorous to me now but she

> was extremely serious...

Lol, and this ^ reminds me of my father finding aluminum foil in my Toyota vanwagon at 17 years old, and he was super concerned I was smoking meth. But F that, used to use foil to whip up smoking devices for weed, never meth. Bad stuff that is.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account