Re: I have a serious question for the moped community.

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to figure out where I want to go. I feel like if I go back, it would just be me taking steps backward. It's weird having my parents and brother kind of entertaining the fact of me going back, and them being supportive about it. I mean people move on and shit, but with everything that went on there and here, I don't know because I think I'll just be tossing myself back into somewhere that I don't need to be. Kind of hard to make a decision on somewhere when you haven't been a lot of places, I've been thinking about places here in NC, but there's still having no knowledge of anywhere like Raleigh, or Charlotte. Where it seems cool and there's people riding. I guess going back to Richmond would be like sticking your hand in the fire again after you've been burned, and you made the dumbass choice knowing damn well what was going to happen. (edited)

Brandon,

When I was a volunteer firefighter, there were a couple times that I spoke with people after their uninsured house just burned down with everything in it.

They were probably slightly in shock and maybe not fully processing the situation.

However, the general attitude was that of a sober gratitude; to be alive, safe, and with their family.

I don’t wish that on anyone, but I can appreciate how that experience forces someone to re-evaluate their priorities and start from scratch.

Things are things and status is fickle. But life is precious.

There are probably rich, famous people laying on their death bed right now that would give everything to trade places with you. You, and your life, are of great worth. Even when things seem to be not so good.

When I was in Africa, I left base one time. The guy driving me said, as we passed a group of children that stood outside the gates begging all day, that someone he knew gave a kid an extra water bottle once. He didn’t have time to feel good about it because, as they drove on, they looked back and saw all the kids beating the shit out of each other for that 20oz water bottle.

You are also in a land of extreme wealth and opportunity.

So, move. Dont move. Whatever. But you have a life to live and are blessed to be in a place of so many bright future possibilities.

I feel like I have said all these exact same things in another post. And others have said similar.

Turn your frown upside down, get a spring in your step, take the bull by the horns and start living your best life instead of dwelling on the bad stuff.

Richmond is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I was up there last weekend. Hung out for a day and returned to the calm of Norfolk, VA. Now, another option for job hunting is a Temp Service. Lets you test the waters before committing. They do take a cut for hooking you up" but it's better than no money. And most of the time if you do a good job you can make permanent with the company your'e working for.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I agree. That’s the reason I moved 45 minutes from RVA. I only go to Richmond when I need to.

> Sam P. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Richmond is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I

> was up there last weekend. Hung out for a day and returned to the calm

> of Norfolk, VA. Now, another option for job hunting is a Temp Service.

> Lets you test the waters before committing. They do take a cut for

> hooking you up" but it's better than no money. And most of the time if

> you do a good job you can make permanent with the company your'e working

> for.

> Sam P. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Richmond is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I

> was up there last weekend. Hung out for a day and returned to the calm

> of Norfolk, VA. Now, another option for job hunting is a Temp Service.

> Lets you test the waters before committing. They do take a cut for

> hooking you up" but it's better than no money. And most of the time if

> you do a good job you can make permanent with the company your'e working

> for.

I dug it a lot, spent a lot of time there in my teens and early 20's going to shows in the city. I've always liked the city a lot, and did enjoy the time that I lived there aside from the stupid shit with the Rebel Rousers and my literally crazy roommate. I loved going on bike rides, walks(at night too)maybe getting some coffee or something to burn time. The first place I've been where I thought "this is cool, and even better now that I'm here". I even got really lucky for being in a great area too, and before I lost my job I was looking at apartments or even taking over the lease of the house I was in, in my name. (edited)

When I was in my early 20's I lived a few blocks from the oceanfront. Almost every night I'd pedal down to the bars and party. I'm no longer in my 20's and I rarely go to the oceanfront anymore. Been there, done that. It was time for a change and I knew it needed to be done. I have no complaints in life. It took awhile but the effort was worth the results.

Yeah, it sucks when you have people against you and don't know why, and others are just adding to the fire. Leaving you confused and angry trying to understand why those things happened and what you did to deserve them when you were just trying to live. Having people force negativity into your life, push you away from others, and blame you for saying anything about it or reacting to it, then it being used against you to ruin your name and reputation for no reason, or things that won't be ever explained to you. You can't understand the hate, you can't understand why you're not wanted, you can't understand why it seems like so many people were contributing to your downfall and not being able to understand why, and where things went wrong, or how you could fix them. The good intentions and attempts to be a part of something while trying to re-grow a non-existant social life again in a new city, with apparent new chances and opprotunites to take. Trying to take advantage of those things, and wanting to, only to have your name drug through the dirt again by people, again, for reasons you can't understand. Ending up alone, unhappy, unsatisfied, alienated, and isolated, while running things through your head again for the millionth time, as still the fingers pointed at you while you desperately try to make others understand, and hear your side again only for it to fall on deaf ears.

Going back to that situation years back, that was of someone's own wrongdoing, not mine, I should have not been blamed and made to suffer the consequences of someone else's bad choice, and have it follow me for years of my life like I did something wrong. I didn't, it was not my fault, I didn't do anything wrong, and it's not right to hold something against me for years over something I really had no part in. Stop being a fucking coward, admit you did something wrong and not fuck other peoples shit up because of it. As far as destroying me socially for it, no one should have to have problems because of someone elses actions they can't admit to. Yeah, and my parents getting involved and intruding on my life and the lives of my roommates caused a shit load of issues too that I ended up getting fucked over for. (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Too self critical. Step back. Past is past now is present.

The future is you. You are driving your own car. Don't bitch about traffic don't rage. Enjoy the scenery.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account